over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

cant tell if im at a plateau or not

red52

Registered
so ive been dieting for a while and its been a little hard for me to tell whether or not im at a plateau.

i took some dnp and that yielded some great results, but id like to do the rest of this cut naturally.

what im wondering is... how do u guys tell how much your cheat days added onto your frame or didnt add? when i cheat its pretty bad (ie: 3 days of binge eating, and by binge i mean BINGE)

so basically what im asking is.... if im cutting hard, at around 14% bodyfat right now, and im aiming for 6% bodyfat, how much consistent no carb dieting at ~2k cals a day would it take me to lose the rest of the bodyfat (~14 lbs or so)

possible in 12 weeks? with no cheats except the carb refeed days every 2 weeks. sorry for the stupid questions... ive been cutting for a year and have shaved off 90 lbs, but im getting frustrated.

im 205 lbs @ 14% bodyfat right now by the way. my workouts are intense and i do at least 30 mins of interval cardio a day as well.

diet is ~2k cals a day and consists of:

chicken breast
ground turkey
egg whites
various veggies
apple/blue berries
oats on occasion
almonds
olive oil
talapia
whey

+ little to no cal toppings such as hot sauce

i guess my biggest concern is, how can i tell if i have a thyroid problem or not? or something of that sort?

Last edited:
your at the stage in your weight loss where you actually have to throw in moderate carb days about every four days or so, I used to have the same problem, I would lose a ton of fat from zero carbing it and then I would hit a wall where my body wouldn't go any further it seemed no matter what I did. So a friend told me to throw in a moderate carb day every so often and trick your body and it worked for me.

The binging is rough though, remember if you binge go purge that shit, dont let all that hard work slip away, get your fill and then go put it in the toilet where it belongs, just kidding :),

You can check your thyroid at the doctor , just tell him your concerns and im sure he will be more then glad to help you , this exact thing happened to me when dieting and I thought it was my thyroid I was at about 10% bodyfat though. My test came back and everything was perfectly normal and I just ended up sticking with the same diet and training and all of a sudden things just started going better and better, so maybe give it more time .

Also you mentioned binges, that can set you back bigtime mate, think about it , your on a 500 calorie or more defecit for so long , then you all of a sudden add a 2000 calorie surplus , that right there just ruined a few days of dieting , maybe a more controlled and more often carb refeed would be better , like every 4 days do a day of maintenance calories where you just add in carbs so if your at a 500 calorie defecit add in 500 calories from carbs. Just some suggestions that might help you that I used to help me personally.

Last edited:
so ive been dieting for a while and its been a little hard for me to tell whether or not im at a plateau.

i took some dnp and that yielded some great results, but id like to do the rest of this cut naturally.

what im wondering is... how do u guys tell how much your cheat days added onto your frame or didnt add? when i cheat its pretty bad (ie: 3 days of binge eating, and by binge i mean BINGE)

so basically what im asking is.... if im cutting hard, at around 14% bodyfat right now, and im aiming for 6% bodyfat, how much consistent no carb dieting at ~2k cals a day would it take me to lose the rest of the bodyfat (~14 lbs or so)

possible in 12 weeks? with no cheats except the carb refeed days every 2 weeks. sorry for the stupid questions... ive been cutting for a year and have shaved off 90 lbs, but im getting frustrated.

im 205 lbs @ 14% bodyfat right now by the way. my workouts are intense and i do at least 30 mins of interval cardio a day as well.

diet is ~2k cals a day and consists of:

chicken breast
ground turkey
egg whites
various veggies
apple/blue berries
oats on occasion
almonds
olive oil
talapia
whey

+ little to no cal toppings such as hot sauce

i guess my biggest concern is, how can i tell if i have a thyroid problem or not? or something of that sort?

wait. are you "cutting hard" or binge eating for three days at time?

I'll stay in ketosis throughout the week and have a cheat/refeed day each and every Friday. My weightloss is very consistent and I avg 1.5 lbs and a half inch from my waist each week. The 1/2" loss/gains signify about 1% bf changes in me.

This will definitely stay constistent for me down to 10%. Under 10% though I gotta start tweeking things, less calories more working out etc.

I think the refeeds not only give you a chance to have some craved food but also has a lot of benefits. Your refilling glyocogen levels each week, creating a limited time insulin spike that helps promote muscle growth / prevent muscle loss and your body doesnt get used to eating the same all the time and doesnt adjust/slow down.

Im obsessive with body fat testing and get regular bodpod or dexa tests throughout. The worst I've ever accomplished with carb cycling has been 10% loss which in itself is still leaps and bounds better then any other types of dieting Ive tried in the past.

Just to add too, I do not do any cardio.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rpsly
NapsGear