advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cant tolerate Minocycline for acne control... ANY alternatives?

king1033

Registered
well i prescribed a couple months ago Minocycline to keep acne down, but i just cant tolerate it i dont feel so great after a week on it and i cant seem to eat as much, But i really dont like getting the occasion 10-15 pimples every week (little nothing serious but just annnnnoying) i exfoliate when i wash but i have run out of perscription wash... when i see my doc (tomorrow) im thinking about asking for bactrim, also another one i hear is really good mupriocin. i used to just get 10% benzyl cream and paint my body with the stuff but it would just minimize the outbreak keep it at bay but not get to the source... so im looking for something to get to the source. especialy to give my scars a chance to heal.

Other than Accutane

1) Make sure your estrogen is under perfect control (I'm speaking from experience) Are you just starting or stopping a cycle? That's when my acne gets out of control

2) Doxycycline may be better tolerated. Maybe not.

Mupirocin is good, doxycycline is another option, the benzaclin wash works good as well. I'd stay away from accutane unless you have no other option. If you were to accidentally impregnate someone while on that, the baby would be deformed, badly. In our pharmacy, there's signs by the medication telling female technicians to not even handle the medication if they are, or may become pregnant.

Last edited:
well i prescribed a couple months ago Minocycline to keep acne down, but i just cant tolerate it i dont feel so great after a week on it and i cant seem to eat as much, But i really dont like getting the occasion 10-15 pimples every week (little nothing serious but just annnnnoying) i exfoliate when i wash but i have run out of perscription wash... when i see my doc (tomorrow) im thinking about asking for bactrim, also another one i hear is really good mupriocin. i used to just get 10% benzyl cream and paint my body with the stuff but it would just minimize the outbreak keep it at bay but not get to the source... so im looking for something to get to the source. especialy to give my scars a chance to heal.

Accutane will shrink the size of the sebaceous glands that are overproducing oily sebum, which causes the pores in ur skin to clog. IT actually goes to the source of the problem. Great results. I started and stayed at 20 mgs/day for a good three months. Was sufficient for me. Accutane is hepatotoxic though so if you use it, make sure everything is OK with your liver.

i used to advocate oral antibiotics but from personal experiences do not use oral antibioitecs for longer than a week,,,,only for serious infections,,,not for acne for months and months. its messes up your liver and large intestines,

try topical antibiotics,,,evoclin

or differin gel with evoclin

and take clear5 from acnevitamins,,,its time released B5 and its pretty good, and cheap

if those dont work,,,start low dose accutane like 20-30mg a day for many months. wont start working 3-5 weeks into it

goodluck,,,and on yeah its summer time, go tan

OK so i got a script for
doxycycline 100mg, im thinking of taking 1 pill ed for a week see how the condition is then back it off to EOD defpending how condition looks. i agree i have had some problems with anitbiotics in the past making it hard to eat as much as i normally do, I will give doxy a try, although i do agree with EDED, accutane I have some fears of using accutane tho, but since this is a lifestyle im sure I will be getting acne again down the road reguardless I feel its just bound to happen, accutane I hear some people say they have run 3-6 month trails and never got acne again even with cycling compounds they would normally get horrible acne with, does it really provide permanent results?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131