over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Carb cycling and training intensity

ShZ

Registered
Hey guys,

Just wondering if you adjust your training intensity to the amount of carbs you eat. Would it be more beneficial to work harder on your high days or low days? I'm starting my week very low and add more carbs from day to day so I get the most at the end of the week.

400-450 grams a day centered around the workout
70-100 grams a day spread out on off days.

Slowly increase peri workout carbs on harder training days.

This is for a growth phase obviously. Dieting wise, youd keep the carbs around training and trim them elsewhere until you finally drop down to slowly reducing those peri workout carbs.

My thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

why would you do that? train hard on all days, doesn't matter what your carbs intake is. you have glycogen stored, it's not like you're depleted on your low days.
High intensity, day in/day out.
What's your goal ?

Why overcomplicate things

Always train hard.. Don't be that guy sitting on the bench on his cell phone.. uggghhh

I have done carb cycling alternating a low carb, medium carb and a high carb day. On all days the training intensity or cardio the same. Just that on low carb days I keep the carbs around my workout. Carb cycling is great if done properly. Helps burn fat faster. Towards the end if I reach a plateau or is not burning fat as much, I would do extra low carb days like 2 days in a row etc. but always train hard. Decreasing training intensity on low carb days for me it defeats the purpose.

I never changed intensity...just put my high carb day on leg or back day

This can be a good approach for many. I guess it depends upon your goals etc. I am following a lower carb approach (cutting) now but for sanity (I love my carbs) I do higher on leg day. Well my routine changes but perhaps higher if I do chest, shoulders and tri-ceps or a big back day. Then moderate on one of those days. With the rest of the week lower days. It's just my way to make dieting more fun and a great system for me. If I had things the same everyday even with changing food types I would struggle much more as I can easily eat 800g carbs daily if I wasn't dieting. It also makes me look forward to leg day now as post workout I may have some cereal etc.

Any system can yield great results if you are consistent and consume the right types and amounts of food over the week. Some like to be more fixed through the day whilst others play about with amounts and timing. Just experiment and find out if it works for you. Don't let anyone say something is no good for you as everyone is different.

I also repeat what everone else has stated in that you should always train hard no matter what bodypart that is.

I was sure you were the opening poster. I am sure I saw your name in the thread title. I must be losing my mind :eek::D

I was sure you were the opening poster. I am sure I saw your name in the thread title. I must be losing my mind :eek::D

Lol all the tren has melted your mind!!!

Yea, I'm like you, I like changing up daily carb days. Like, I couldn't eat 125g carbs for 7 days straight. That would just piss me off. I'd rather eat 50g for 4 days then on a lagging bodypart or big bodypart day eat 200g carbs

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear