over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Carb facts?

Dave_19

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Just got this emailed to me, I want o know if anyone disagree's with this since low carb diets are prefered by so many. These little carb "facts" are against low carb diets, just want to see how you guys feel about it...

Carbohydrates are the bodies preferred source of energy;

Low carbohydrate diets tend to be high in fat. Diets high in fat have been linked to high cholesterol, high blood pressure and also heart disease;

Fiber is an essential nutrient in our diets and fiber is found in carbohydrates. Adequate amounts of fiber help prevent colon cancer, high cholesterol and help maintain a healthy body weight;

The only real way to lose weight is by eating fewer calories than your body burns in a given day. The elimination of a macro nutrient group (carbohydrates) is not specifically responsible for the weight-loss, but it's the decrease in consumed calories that gets the credit;

The vast majority of individuals that follow a low carbohydrate diet experience fatigue and lack of energy. And this leads to a decrease in activity levels and therefore a slowed metabolism;

A slowed metabolism means your body is burning fewer calories daily which means you'll have to decrease food consumption even more in order to continue seeing a weight reduction;

1 gram of carbohydrates is equivalent to 4 calories, while 1 gram of fat is equal to 9 calories. Hence, calories add up much quicker with a diet higher in fat than carbohydrates; and

The vast majority of individuals that lose weight following a low carbohydrate diet will gain all of the weight back within 6 months of losing it. Here's why. Adding carbohydrates back into your diet will increase the total calories consumed. Plus, your body also stored these Carbs in reserve since it was deprived of them for a period of time.

Here's the bottom line. . .
The best way to lose "fat" weight and keep it off successfully is to simply eat with balance and moderation.

In addition to that, you must also increase your metabolism by increasing your lean body weight.

Most people that do low carbs, do the Atkins type diet. They eat ANY fat. I always use good sources of fat like flax, olive oil, egg yolks and from meat. The fat that's killng people is the stuff that most people gorge on - the hydrogenated (sp) fats like what they put in "low-fat" margarine, peanut butter, damn near everything!

xcel

xcelbeyond said:
Most people that do low carbs, do the Atkins type diet. They eat ANY fat. I always use good sources of fat like flax, olive oil, egg yolks and from meat. The fat that's killng people is the stuff that most people gorge on - the hydrogenated (sp) fats like what they put in "low-fat" margarine, peanut butter, damn near everything!

xcel

Those are exactly the kinds of fats I eat too, along with some nuts. Most knowledgable BBs probably do the same also-we know better that to eat tons of fried and processed (hydrogenated) fats and foods. But do confess I did have a fried seafood combo tonite on our Fri nite out dinner! Once every 1-2wks wont kill me-plus I take alot of the fried breading off the food. It was so yummy! :p

I don't eat nuts, but I eat p*ssy! OH - you mean those kinda nuts, I eat those too :D

xcel

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity