over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Carb loading for show prep- Discussion!

warlock...... good posts bro
Aldactone works great, you have to know how to use it, I thought I always knew how but got schooled last year.

For any diuretic to work like a bodybuilder wants it to work you never want to completely shut off water, you need water to make the diuretic TRULY work.

Who schooled you? Another competitor? A coach?

Who schooled you? Another competitor? A coach?
A coach that I was not using, ran what I learned from that coach by another high level coach and they agreed and added a few extra tips.

High level coach = preps top 10 Olympia guys.

By the way, here many of you guys talk about the crazy conditioning people show in Europe. Well, without going too specific, I will say aldactone is a popular diuretic there and the only diuretic they use

Though I give it to you that most Euro competitors FEEL THE NEED to use spironolactone and actually do, you obviously haven't attended many Euro shows backstage where a lot of guys collapse from massive abuse of diuretic COMBOS, furosemide or bumetanide being most often the main culprit in the mix. :cool: Scary, in fact. :eek:

A coach that I was not using, ran what I learned from that coach by another high level coach and they agreed and added a few extra tips.

High level coach = preps top 10 Olympia guys.

I don't suppose you will share it?:cool:;)

Though I give it to you that most Euro competitors FEEL THE NEED to use spironolactone and actually do, you obviously haven't attended many Euro shows backstage where a lot of guys collapse from massive abuse of diuretic COMBOS, furosemide or bumetanide being most often the main culprit in the mix. :cool: Scary, in fact. :eek:

You are right, I have not attended many shows overseas. However, I am very closely related to many who compete there. I am sure there are many guys abusing and using a ton more. I was just stating the fact that in some countries, aldactone is the most popular and accessible diuretic and people come in ripped and well conditioned with minimal use and aldactone being the only one used for many. I know this information first hand.

This said, like I mentioned in my other posts, dyazide is a good diuretic. All in all, you need to know how to use them and obviously, adjust things depending on how you look. :)

what's the take on sodium? Keep it high till one day before the show ? Re introduce it on show day ?
when to take dyazide? one day? 2 day before show ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You looked good toopoo, damn good. Better there then the shots I saw of you at Nats.

I started Carb loading Wed night all the way through saturday nothing crazy no junk then took 1/2 dyazide starting around 2pm on friday then again about 1 more half taken about every 6hrs apart came in nice and full.Think 4 and 1/2 total.Never cut off water until 8pm night bf show.

Last edited:
You looked good toopoo, damn good. Better there then the shots I saw of you at Nats.

looked better when i left my room. didnt bring enough food (thought it was qturns and callouts, not 45sec individuals first adding 4hrs to prejudging)... overthought, got nervous... fell apart.... lesson learned need to seclude myself and relax

Final week manipulations are a really fascinating topic to just about every single bodybuilder.

"carb load"
"sodium deplete"
"depletion workout"
"diuretic"
"shit load"
"flat"

etc etc...

however, I have become more and more disenchanted , or should I say less interested in that mystique topic.

It really comes down to everything BUT that final week. The boring shit, training like everyday is your last, doing cardiovascular (if needed), eating whatever macros/calories you need CONSISTENTLY to reach that level of conditioning that looks like a "walking diuretic."

I have done ....oh gosh too many dumb ass shows, mostly to keep gaining experience and figure this stuff out (29-30 shows?) and I am now starting to calm down on the super technical stuff and realize the bigger picture prior.

I will say this -- during your prep, you must be looking pretty gnarly AHEAD of time to be able to look gnarly on stage (not all times, but most, as I have gotten lucky and peaked certain people better on DAY of show then any day prior)

So it will simply come down to doing pretty much everything you did to get "gnarly looking" into the show. Still drinking (sure, not as much, but you are ingesting fluid)

Still keeping some sodium into the mix (sure, not as much, but it's there)

Still eating the SAME carbs you are used to etc...

Some small things might alter a bit, but it should be nothing overly dramatic.

Why would you load on 3000g of carbs in 2 days? Why did you get that flat to begin with...??

-FF

Final week manipulations are a really fascinating topic to just about every single bodybuilder.

"carb load"
"sodium deplete"
"depletion workout"
"diuretic"
"shit load"
"flat"

etc etc...

however, I have become more and more disenchanted , or should I say less interested in that mystique topic.

It really comes down to everything BUT that final week. The boring shit, training like everyday is your last, doing cardiovascular (if needed), eating whatever macros/calories you need CONSISTENTLY to reach that level of conditioning that looks like a "walking diuretic."

I have done ....oh gosh too many dumb ass shows, mostly to keep gaining experience and figure this stuff out (29-30 shows?) and I am now starting to calm down on the super technical stuff and realize the bigger picture prior.

I will say this -- during your prep, you must be looking pretty gnarly AHEAD of time to be able to look gnarly on stage (not all times, but most, as I have gotten lucky and peaked certain people better on DAY of show then any day prior)

So it will simply come down to doing pretty much everything you did to get "gnarly looking" into the show. Still drinking (sure, not as much, but you are ingesting fluid)

Still keeping some sodium into the mix (sure, not as much, but it's there)

Still eating the SAME carbs you are used to etc...

Some small things might alter a bit, but it should be nothing overly dramatic.

Why would you load on 3000g of carbs in 2 days? Why did you get that flat to begin with...??

-FF

That's some good info right there. You should start your own thread.

That's some good info right there. You should start your own thread.

I did that a while ago , and it was a nice thread, but stepped on too many toes.

I rarely post here anymore -- I guess when people even mention my name (which I have no control over) it gets deleted etc...

-FF

I did that a while ago , and it was a nice thread, but stepped on too many toes.

I rarely post here anymore -- I guess when people even mention my name (which I have no control over) it gets deleted etc...

-FF

Matt, I think he was being sarcastic. My guess is he was very aware of that legendary thread.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

-FF

I was just kidding Matt, that was one of the best threads we have ever had on here. You have great ideas and if I ever used a coach, I'd go with you.

i will say this.....

the best conditioned person in my class was peeled weeks prior coasting in..... he loaded hard.... then shitloaded that morning and with TONS of sodium and fat.... hes the reason i panicked back stage looking at his condition.... and why i got so much worse lol

im staying in my corner next time and ignoring everyone til stage time

i will say this.....

the best conditioned person in my class was peeled weeks prior coasting in..... he loaded hard.... then shitloaded that morning and with TONS of sodium and fat.... hes the reason i panicked back stage looking at his condition.... and why i got so much worse lol

im staying in my corner next time and ignoring everyone til stage time

Just go hangout with music and with your significant other or close friend. Let your mind rest man....Do not pay attention to that stuff---it's not healthy lol!!!

He could have eaten just about anything if in sickening condition weeks prior and look nasty.

-FF

Matt, I think he was being sarcastic. My guess is he was very aware of that legendary thread.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

^^ haha I have become too serious now a days, cannot differentiate sarcasm, someone being facetious etc....

I need a vacation!

-FF

-FF

That thread was killer. However I know there are still a couple similar threads of yours elsewhere with a lot of good info.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws