over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Carb question....

terryd5150

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Do beans count as carbs?

If you're trying to go low-carb would you cut them out?

:confused:

Do beans count as carbs?

Yes they count and have too many carbs for a low-carb diet.

**broken link removed**

Oh LORD, do you people actually BELIEVE that eating beans and brown rice with LEAN PROTEIN in each meal will cause fat-gain? This low-carb dogma needs to end...

Oh LORD, do you people actually BELIEVE that eating beans and brown rice with LEAN PROTEIN in each meal will cause fat-gain? This low-carb dogma needs to end...

So what is the dogma you subscribe to then??

Do beans count as carbs?

Sorry I don't get it. If your going low carb, would you count rice or bananas as carbs. Of coarse you would count them. So yes count beans.

Last edited:
So what is the dogma you subscribe to then??

I subscribe to the scienific facts, and the proper interpretation of that data. Therefore, I eat a diet that is moderate-high in low-glycemic, fibrous carbohydrates, with the remainder of my calories derived from LEAN protein sources and low fat intake. This is my approximate macronutrient breakdown whether I'm BULKING or CUTTING, the only thing that changes is TOTAL CALORIES CONSUMED and TOTAL CALORIES EXPENDED.

I subscribe to the scienific facts, and the proper interpretation of that data. Therefore, I eat a diet that is moderate-high in low-glycemic, fibrous carbohydrates, with the remainder of my calories derived from LEAN protein sources and low fat intake. This is my approximate macronutrient breakdown whether I'm BULKING or CUTTING, the only thing that changes is TOTAL CALORIES CONSUMED and TOTAL CALORIES EXPENDED.

So you no longer subscribe to the steak and egg diet or trying low carbs ?

So you no longer subscribe to the steak and egg diet or trying low carbs ?

I've NEVER "subcribed" for those diets, I have always been a firm believer in eating lots of good carbohydrates. It was only recently that I even CONSIDERED doing a Vince Gironda style diet(which is the thread you are referring to), which I never ended up doing.

I've NEVER "subcribed" for those diets, I have always been a firm believer in eating lots of good carbohydrates. It was only recently that I even CONSIDERED doing a Vince Gironda style diet(which is the thread you are referring to), which I never ended up doing.

Because of you sheer ignorance you havent even tried a very low carb diet and see if it works for you (as it does thousands of others), so how can you formulate such a strong opinion without even trying the other alternatives?

I have tried both and I do agree carbs should not be taken out of the equation, not for me anyhow.

I get the majority of my carbs from fruits and vegetables. The rest is made up from fibrous carbs (sweet potato, rice, various grains, oats).

Because of you sheer ignorance you havent even tried a very low carb diet and see if it works for you (as it does thousands of others), so how can you formulate such a strong opinion without even trying the other alternatives?

I have tried both and I do agree carbs should not be taken out of the equation, not for me anyhow.

I get the majority of my carbs from fruits and vegetables. The rest is made up from fibrous carbs (sweet potato, rice, various grains, oats).

I HAVE tried low-carb diets on several ocassions, mostly because of "peer-pressure". People want to see the scale GO DOWN when they are "cutting" and low-carbs WILL do that. However, I do not give a shit about the scale I care about the mirror. I'd rather lose fat slower while maintaining(and even gaining muscle mass), than lose a bunch of weight rapidly, which will undoubtedly result in significant muscle loss.

I always state the THREE THINGS that can cause muscle loss:

1.) Cardio
2.) Excessive caloric restriction.
3.) Reduction or elimination of carbohydrates.

I always state the THREE THINGS that can cause muscle loss:

1.) Cardio
2.) Excessive caloric restriction.
3.) Reduction or elimination of carbohydrates.

Would you be so kind to list three things that cause fat loss too.

I disagree. You will no doubt lose a lot of water when you drop carbs, but so long as you keep your calories from protein and fat up the muscle is otherwise unaffected. I notice more muscle density in my physique when I do this.

1.) EXPEND more calories with WEIGHT-TRAINING, rather then RESTRICT calroic CONSUMPTION or perform cardio.

2.) Eat a high-protein, moderate low glycemic carb, low fat diet.

3.) Take 200-400mg Caffeine Anhydrous pre-workout, or also in the AM when approaching final fat-loss phase.

Sorry I don't get it. If your going low carb, would you count rice or bananas as carbs. Of coarse you would count them. So yes count beans.

I did a low carb diet before. It worked great.

I was just looking to spice it up a little more.

Technically, broccoli is a carb but I don't count that.

I was just wondering if beans would be the same.

To BigNShredded, run a low carb diet with high protien and moderate EFA's-great way to get rid of the moonface.

1.) EXPEND more calories with WEIGHT-TRAINING, rather then RESTRICT calroic CONSUMPTION or perform cardio.

2.) Eat a high-protein, moderate low glycemic carb, low fat diet.

3.) Take 200-400mg Caffeine Anhydrous pre-workout, or also in the AM when approaching final fat-loss phase.

For once I agree with one or more of your points (1.2.)

Well done old friend.

Last edited:

1. More muscle
2. More muscle
3. More muscle :D

1) Eliminate simple sugar/carbs
2) Eliminate saturated fats
3) Bump up your protein

Then do high intensity weight training and cardio.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131