over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Carb timing

I consume them whenever I want as long as it falls into my calorie intake

Beast, what are your overall goals? If your goals change from adding mass to say dropping bf, do you change up your macro timing?

Beast, what are your overall goals? If your goals change from adding mass to say dropping bf, do you change up your macro timing?

I'm on contest prep right now, show in 4 weeks. but, I don't change anything from off season to contest dieting. Calories change/drop and I start cardio. usually I do 40/40/20, or 50/30/20
I saw no change in my physique when I focused my carbs around my workouts. Especially in the off season I want to enjoy myself and eat carbs when I want to. I go out, have a life. I sure not ordering a salad when I go out.

I eat them throughout the day. Have dieted down from 237 to 191 since July 1st. No muscle loss, about 10% body fat now. Just find what works best for you.

I am in the minority with the carb-philosophy. Diet on as many carbs as you CAN. there is no magic in going low carb, although it shifts tons of water around and makes tracking things a bit more difficult. Obviously as calories go lower over the diet, carbs will likely be the place they are cut.

calorie deficits matter overall. I did the super low carb stuff many times in the past, thinking i was "carb sensitive", and it just added to muscle loss and made for shittier workouts.

If you do great on carb cycling or low carb, more power to ya ;-) But there is much bro-science and tradition behind it all as well.

Insulin is not an enemy if you are in a calorie deficit. In fact, it is still your friend as it is anti-catabolic.

I can understand the carb cycling if you are trying to get stage shredded and small % increments matter. But people way overthink this stuff.

In the off season I eat carbs throughout the day. I'm in contest prep right now and I focus my carbs around my workouts. I get the majority of my carbs pre, with 50g karbolyn intra, and half a cup of brown rice in my post workout meal.
Everyone is different but I notice a huge difference in fat loss when I time my carbs around my workouts, they are just an energy source.
If I plateau I can easily drop my post workout carbs and rely on my karbolyn for energy during my workout, I then hit cardio post-workout until I feel my BG drop.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131