over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Carb up/peak week on zero carbs/keto ?

beastmode121

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
anyone with experience?
So to lose as much weight as possible to get inshape and make weight for classic physique, I decided to go as low to zero carbs as possible for the last 3 weeks as I’m 4 pounds away from the cut off.

how is it switching from zero carbs to carbing up 2-3 days out? how does your body responds?
How did you go about it ?
Does your muscle soak those carbs efficiently with zero bloat?

Mandatory Current physique pic post triceps workout and 30 min cardio

2q99yrs.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
4lbs isn't much. What type of diuretic are you using ? I've always found a gradual load is much more effective and safer then trying to do it all in 1 night. If weigh ins are Friday I'd suggest starting your list on Wednesday. If your using Dyazide, I'd start that Thursday morning and dose varies so if you've never used it before, start low as it'll flatten you out fast. Coming off a zero carb depletion, I'd Probly go somewhere around 2-300 carbs Wednesday, 5-600 Thursday and depending on how well your filling, the same Friday. Obviously those numbers are ballpark and could take you less or more depending on your body and how well you fill out. I always keep a clean fat source and green veggies included in the load as the last thing you want is the change in diet causing you to become backed up on show day. Because of the diuretics, you'll still be dropping water so don't make the mistake of cutting sodium like tons of people do as you will flatten out quick. All the carb sources should be from low glycemic sources that your body is used to. Don't try to switch to something different cause it worked well for someone else... go with a source of carbs that works well with your body. The only time I'll ever advise or use "dirty" sources of food to load is after weigh ins once I've cut off my water consumption I might use a burger and fries (no dairy) if I feel like it's needed. My main goal is to limit my food consumption to as little as nessesary on show day to maintain fullness as I want to keep my stomach distension down on stage.

M18

Last edited:
anyone with experience?
So to lose as much weight as possible to get inshape and make weight for classic physique, I decided to go as low to zero carbs as possible for the last 3 weeks as I’m 4 pounds away from the cut off.

how is it switching from zero carbs to carbing up 2-3 days out? how does your body responds?
How did you go about it ?
Does your muscle soak those carbs efficiently with zero bloat?

Mandatory Current physique pic post triceps workout and 30 min cardio

2q99yrs.jpg

You have 3 weeks.

Stick low this week n keep water high.

Sat add in 6-800g carbs and reduce water by 33% stopping it sat 6-8pm. Take 1/2 dyazide

Wake up n see how you look n what weight does.

Back to low carbs.

Week after do 400 wed, 600 Thursday n then 4-600 Friday.

Keep water high till Friday then reduce a touch and use diAz - see which works better etc

Play about

I do this most weekends from 4-5 weeks out

If you haven't been doing regular carb UPS to time how long g it takes to fill up and spill over then I definitely would not do any drastic.

You are lean and dry now , I'd keep doing what you are doing and keep the water intake high. Being three weeks out will give you time to try a carb up at least once.

I'd look at your total calories right now and get an accurate count , then reconfigure your diet so that the calories are the same or a little less but replace all possible fat with carbs so that you get 300g a day of carbs and whatever protein it takes to meet your calories. Run this on Monday , Tuesday and Wednesday then back to no carbs on Thursday and Friday.

900g carbs is more than enough to fill you up and you will spill over , keeping the water high will help keep you dry , so you fill up and spill over then Thursday and Friday you just clean up the water. Ideally by Saturday morning all extracellular water will have been absorbed because you don't have much fat to hold it so you muscle will be full and you will be dry , if not Saturday then Sunday. Now that it's several weeks out you know how long it's gonna take for you to fill up and dry out. You simply count back from when you look best and start you carb up then.

The next idea would be simply do exactly what you have been doing all the way through weigh in Friday. After weigh in go have a big fatty steak and some carbs like rice or sweet potatoes , then a couple pieces of cheese cake. Cut you water after dinner , right before bed have a few poptarts , Saturday morning have half a dozen eggs with a few pieces of toast with plenty salt. Ideally you will have dried our to the point that you won't have enough water to spill over before the show and will likely have to add some water back in to get a good pump. Again you can do this right now and time how long everything takes so you can time it to suit your peak for the show.

From what I've seen in 7 different NPC shows this year in 3 states the judges all were looking for conditioning over fullness , so I'd error on the condition side and come in lean and dry rather than full and possibly not dry enough.

I only have 2 weeks till the show, so I don’t have time to experiment.
,I have my peak week down from trail and error for 5 years competing now. I don’t stop water and I slightly drop sodium Friday.

But I never been keto then carbed up. So I have to do it slowly or shit load Friday ?

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll watch my physique like I usually do when I carb up..

,I have my peak week down from trail and error for 5 years competing now. I don’t stop water and I slightly drop sodium Friday.

But I never been keto then carbed up. So I have to do it slowly or shit load Friday ?

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll watch my physique like I usually do when I carb up..

Definitely do it slow! What are you using for a diuretic ?

M18

Hilly,

Aren't you the guy who blew 2 preps in a row and hired fat shit Alex Kikel? Please dont give prep advice.

Keep doing what you're doing. If weight doesn't budge id drop protein 1oz per meal over 3 days and see what that gets you. If you're on gh or test you could drop both 10 days out and drop any water you're holding. Id rather do that than over use diuretics.

Worst case scenario no food or water before weigh ins to make weight. Low dose humalog 3IU with meals to load 3oz fish, 4oz water, 75g carbs per meal whatever carbs youve been eating (dont experiment. Either bananas or pineapple to fill live glycogen first. Add fats with last 2 meals so you dont burn through everything while you sleep.

You look great...don't change a thing.... just keep your eye on the mirror.... you've been around the block a few times ….just gradually take em in.... I agree with Gun on the conditioning....its been winning...AND should be

Hate to say it but no one here can really give advice on this protocol for your physique. Best thing would have done a trial run and see what your body does. You already look insane so I wouldn’t try anything crazy.

I’d hit up Matt porter and he’ll get you right with this type of carb up approach.

You look great...don't change a thing.... just keep your eye on the mirror.... you've been around the block a few times ….just gradually take em in.... I agree with Gun on the conditioning....its been winning...AND should be

Thanks fiddy. That’s what I’ll do

I’m not using insulin guys, or dropping water or anything dehydration wise. I get flatter than a pancake without water... I’d probably not eat and fast and keep water in before weigh in.

I woke up today at 191. a week and a half till the show. almost there !!

Hate to say it but no one here can really give advice on this protocol for your physique. Best thing would have done a trial run and see what your body does. You already look insane so I wouldn’t try anything crazy.

I’d hit up Matt porter and he’ll get you right with this type of carb up approach.

I been watching his videos. He speaks on keto and carb up.
He usually gradually increases or shit loads Friday night after weigh ins..

Hydrochlorothiazide or amiloride .. probably the latter

I been watching his videos. He speaks on keto and carb up.
He usually gradually increases or shit loads Friday night after weigh ins..

Matt loads carb Tuesday and Wednesday, Thursdays and Fridays there are no carbs, but Friday at night after cut the water, he introduces again.

Last edited:
Matt loads carb Tuesday and Wednesday, Thursdays and Fridays there are no carbs, but Friday at night after cut the water, he introduces again.

That he does, I’m talking about loading after keto, that what he suggested

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKa9SOTUdbQ"]Pre-Contest Keto Diet Carb Loading - YouTube[/ame]

Here is a pretty good video from Matt on Keto Carbloading for a show brother!

Beastmode121 – Hey brother I saw pics from your show you looked great! How did you end up carbing up after being keto?

Beastmode121 – Hey brother I saw pics from your show you looked great! How did you end up carbing up after being keto?

I basically fasted on Friday, and kept water in at 8oz every few hours after I weighed myself through out till I made weight .. I weight at 188 at 530

Then downed a little more than half a gallon and had steak, rice and few spoons of Jam

3 hours later, a muffin, 3oz steak and 2 cups of rice. Cut water at 8
At 10, I had burger and fries
Woke up at 3 had 2 muffins, 2 bagels, 2 pop tarts cause my weight was dropping

At 7, I had rice, burger and fries. 8 shots of express an hour later .. prejudging at 9. No food except gummy bears , pringles and few sips of grape juice.

Post prejudging
16 oz of water when i got off stage and 8oz inbetween every meal
2oz chicken and 2 cups of rice later
2nd meal burger and fries
3rd meal 2 muffins and 2 bagels

I weighed myself before every meal and tried to keep my weight at 190 where I looked best.
I looked fuller on show day

The end

Did you have water the show day?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear