over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Carbohydrate Powders

I prefer Karbolyn ... orange dreamsicle with orange flavored hydro whey added tastes great...

Cream of rice and cream of wheat are cheap and you can find them in any grocery store.

One thing ive noticed about intra-workout carbs....at least my experiences with them.

My stomach can handle a lot but the only time I get bloating, burps and gas from my intra workout carbs is if Im putting my preworkout meal TOO DAMN CLOSE to my workout. I, personally, like to have my preworkout meal 90-120 mins before I lift. Even though I do a pretty easy cream of rice meal, i want my stomach relatively empty when I lift...i want those aminos and carbs to be soaked uppp, nothing slowing them down.

I usually use Karboload or HBCD, both from TN. And im ok with both of those...i just need to be running on empty when Im drinking that liquid.

i've tried most of the ones on the market and karbolyn is still my favorite

I was totally oblivious until I listened to some Seth feroce video about digestion and switched to white rice only for a few weeks and it was an immediate night and day difference for me as far as how I looked, how full I felt and for how long. Whatever, now I know I do better on fast carbs and less in general.
Same with me. I use white rice exclusively....and have for some time. My body processes it like it's second nature.

Same thing with grits. My body can handle huge amounts with no digestion issues!

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

One thing ive noticed about intra-workout carbs....at least my experiences with them.

My stomach can handle a lot but the only time I get bloating, burps and gas from my intra workout carbs is if Im putting my preworkout meal TOO DAMN CLOSE to my workout. I, personally, like to have my preworkout meal 90-120 mins before I lift. Even though I do a pretty easy cream of rice meal, i want my stomach relatively empty when I lift...i want those aminos and carbs to be soaked uppp, nothing slowing them down.

I usually use Karboload or HBCD, both from TN. And im ok with both of those...i just need to be running on empty when Im drinking that liquid.
I haven't had a Preworkout meal in years. Mainly because I'm in the gym around 4:00am.....and my body has got to the point that I prefer it that way.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Exactly the same for me. Spot on. Maybe even have just a smaller pre workout meal. 1 english muffin/1 scoop whey > Peri > post.

Pre is all Dextrose, Intra I use Waxy maize and Size-on for a total of 70 gms.
Post another 60 gms HDCD.
My 3 shakes while bustin rocks, 75 whey iso mixed with 30 dextrose and 30 maltodextrin.

Iam 255lbs. I like 30min prior mix 50g HBCD/25Dex
Intra- 25HBCD/WM/50G HydroWhey/10G Creatine Mono

Depends how long your training for. If I’m training an our or hour and a half then preworkout meal is fine. If your doing 2 or 3 your sessions then yes you will notice

Since i am awful at getting enough fruit and vegetables, have found that post workout is the perfect time to make up some green juice in the juicer. Plenty of carbs/sugar to get insulin up but also getting the infusion of vitamin and minerals. I actually feel good after I drink it.

Typically a full bunch of spinach, some kale, some cucumber, an apple/orange, and berries/grapes.

I've been using 30-60g of Gaspari Glycofuse and just switched to HBCD by Muscle Feast along with 15-20g of EEA's pre and intra.

Does everyone still use these while dieting? Obviously not talking about keto buy does it matter as long as it's factored into your daily macro count/needs?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Waste of money unless you’re on insulin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those that are always looking for the latest and greatest, maybe 6 months ago I read about a new carb made for endurance athletes that was supposedly fantastic. I think a feature was that it required less fluid. Let's see if I can find the news article...

Waste of money unless you’re on insulin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know if you heard, but the body is able to produce its own insulin :eek:

Obviously you shouldn't go as high with the carbs as you would with exogenous insulin. But to have something like 20-30g carbs throughout the workout is also beneficial without exogenous slin.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear