over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

carbohydrates and timing

Google&Pubmed

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So I feel like less and less people are talking about nutrition across every forum. And I have researched and pubmed everything I possibly could but when it comes to nutrition I'm out. So could the knowledgeable and experienced people please help me out on this.

I have read that our body is sensitive to carbs first thing in the morning so we don't want to put a lot of carbs in at that time(is this true? Because first thing in the morning our body is suppose to be in an anabolic state when when take in food).
I have also read that I do not want to take carbs before bed because the insulin spike messes with the GH release(but couldn't one look flat the next morning?). So the only times that I have left is around my workout. When should most carbs be taken in?
How much of my carbs intake should be pre and post workout?
Does taking in carbs during workout help any...if so how much? I know that when we are lifting our muscules takes up carbs without the help of insulin but that is only when we are in the process of lifting and not the resting period between the sets(this was in my nutrition book but idk if it helps bodybuilders any).

Sorry about the long post but I just want to get a good thread going covering carbs for during bulking, lean bulking, or cutting.

I think you could time carbs whether you are pre contest or off season to utilize your body's efficiency to process and absorb. other meals could be different and macros from fat prob a little different, but as far as carb timing pre and post: good to go anytime of the year
amounts will differ as well.
personally I hate drinking anything blue, green,pink.whatever during training. i don't care what is in it, carbs, bcaa's whatever. if I don't drink it before, i am not taking it in. Just bogs me down and makes me feel like shit. h20 only.

i eat plenty of carbs when i am done, but many people like a intra-workout

I think you could time carbs whether you are pre contest or off season to utilize your body's efficiency to process and absorb. other meals could be different and macros from fat prob a little different, but as far as carb timing pre and post: good to go anytime of the year
amounts will differ as well.
personally I hate drinking anything blue, green,pink.whatever during training. i don't care what is in it, carbs, bcaa's whatever. if I don't drink it before, i am not taking it in. Just bogs me down and makes me feel like shit. h20 only.

i eat plenty of carbs when i am done, but many people like a intra-workout

I used to feel the same way brother but after doing johns workouts you need carbs intra otherwise u will get gassed. To much intensity. Eventually ur stomach gets accustomed to it

The problem with studies, is that NONE of them simulate brutal training....really hard training. I don't mean marathon running, cross-fit etc. In the real world, what we see over and over is that carbs around training does NOTHING negative...only stimulates insulin which is exactly what oyu want around training. In the morning, fat cells are also sensitive, not just muscle cells...not saying to never eat carbs then...just that conventional wisdom" is not showing the whole picture....

Personally, the "carb back-loading" theory made a TON of sense to me when I first heard it and I've been using it for the past year-18 months or so.

I have liquid carbs, @75g, (Chain'd Reaction w/ Humapro and/or Chain'd Out) an hour before, during and after my workout. An hour after my PWO, I have 100g from brown rice w chicken then casein and PB 2 hours later/before bed.

I'm the biggest and leanest I've ever been at this bodyweight, so maybe there's something to that

The problem with studies, is that NONE of them simulate brutal training....really hard training. I don't mean marathon running, cross-fit etc. In the real world, what we see over and over is that carbs around training does NOTHING negative...only stimulates insulin which is exactly what oyu want around training. In the morning, fat cells are also sensitive, not just muscle cells...not saying to never eat carbs then...just that conventional wisdom" is not showing the whole picture....

None of the studies study the collaboration of brutal training, different cardiovascular works, metabolisms, and food allergies.

It's too specific for any guideline with carbs to the most critical degree, an outline? Yes, easily. Just a lot to know...how do you react to high carbs, low carbs, which carbs suit you, can you digest this or that, what makes you crave carbs, etc.

john meadows just wrote something on here about this he talked about carbs in the morning not being the best choice and he keeps his carbs around his workout...he mentions a little in here http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...89112-constant-improvement-some-thoughts.html
Thanks for actually posting the link bud :)

In the real world, what we see over and over is that carbs around training does NOTHING negative...only stimulates insulin which is exactly what oyu want around training. In the morning, fat cells are also sensitive, not just muscle cells...not saying to never eat carbs then...just that conventional wisdom" is not showing the whole picture....

So from what I remember is that the insulin stimulation goes down after workout so one would want to keep the carbs coming in so the insulin stimulation stays up which would help carbs being shuffled into the muscles post-workout?

I've been taking in half a cup of oats(40g...30g=1 servings) and 2 scoops of protein(WPI, WPH, and casein mixed in 1/3 ratios) in the morning for breakfast. If I keep adding size do I need to up the carbs a little or do I stick to that and up the carbs through out other parts of the day?

:yeahthat::headbang:

You should volunteer yourself and some that you train with for some studies so they will know real training looks like

Personally, the "carb back-loading" theory made a TON of sense to me when I first heard it and I've been using it for the past year-18 months or so.

I have liquid carbs, @75g, (Chain'd Reaction w/ Humapro and/or Chain'd Out) an hour before, during and after my workout. An hour after my PWO, I have 100g from brown rice w chicken then casein and PB 2 hours later/before bed.

I'm the biggest and leanest I've ever been at this bodyweight, so maybe there's something to that

Agreed that a more carb backloading approach works very well.

You should volunteer yourself and some that you train with for some studies so they will know real training looks like

It cracks me up when I read these..

The subject did 3 sets of 10 on the leg extension machine, and then able to increase x by x% taking in (insert supplement), so we postulate that there is a peak effect at x mgs and anymore would not be conducive to blah blah blah....

Well, after doing what SHOULD be working for a few years, but wasn't, (with regard to AAS, Diet and Training), I started to heed my body's signals.

If I get tired/sluggish from carbs, it's too much or at the wrong time. If Im getting tired from carbs too often, I also get fat quickly.

I can have 200 grams of carbs post workout with protein, and more an hour later and feel great, stay lean and full. Carbs too late at night or in the morning make me feel like a slug. So, carbs for me the two meals post training.

All my carbs are pre/post workout. All other meals are meat, greens, and/or natty pb or coconut oil. Im in contest prep, fat is dropping off and im not losing strength.

My carb sources are pineapple, peaches, special k protein plus cereal, sugar free/low sugar oatmeal and honey.

I feel great and never get insane sugar cravings like i used to.

It cracks me up when I read these..

The subject did 3 sets of 10 on the leg extension machine, and then able to increase x by x% taking in (insert supplement), so we postulate that there is a peak effect at x mgs and anymore would not be conducive to blah blah blah....

Their "workouts" always just sound like a warmup but less intense than what i will even do for my warm ups

Pretty pathetic that they call it training. But there are many many people out there that would consider that a workout for leg

Carb cycle: Training days high carbs, moderate protein, low fat

Off days high protein, moderate fat and low carb

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member