advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Carbs and Fats with insulin help.....Shelby,john, futurefreak, phil......anyone!

Jeremy24

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Okay guys, in August im going to be trying out slin to add some extra lean mass. Gonna be using humulin-r pre-workout. Not sure on the dose yet but the dose will be based around the carbs in my diet.

Heres my question, i eat a diet balanced with protein, carbs and fats. Most meals are 50-70 grams protein, 50-60 grams carbs and 10-15 grams fat. For the longest time i had always heard not to mix fats with insulin as they will be shuttled and stored as bodyfat.

But recently ive been researching and found quite a few respected names that say fats will not be shutttled that insulin moves carbs. So what the word should i take the fats out of my diet around my insulin use or leave them in?

I get really good results from my diet when the fats are in there.

Id really like to know what John Meadows, Phil, Futurefreak, shelby have to say about this along with everyone else too

I'm not on your list of names, but I use insulin quite a bit in the offseason. I've never had a problem with keeping my normal fats in the nutrition plan. They are too important to leave out and I have never found myself gaining excess amounts of bodyfat. I'd be far more worried about using too many carbs/too much insulin.

Last edited:
I'm not on your list of names, but I use insulin quite a bit in the offseason. I've never had a problem with keeping my normal fats in the nutrition plan. They are too important to leave out.

Lol Flex i was just throwing names out of guys that ive read some stuff from. But thank you, thats what i was looking for is real world examples not just speculation.

Let me mention too, that my offseason macros are pretty close to yours (though my fats are a bit higher). I also use Humulin-R preworkout. I've had great results using 8-10iu around 15 minutes prior to training. With a proper intra-workout drink you should get good results this way.

Let me mention too, that my offseason macros are pretty close to yours (though my fats are a bit higher). I also use Humulin-R preworkout. I've had great results using 8-10iu around 15 minutes prior to training. With a proper intra-workout drink you should get good results this way.

Awesome thank you, i use a lot of fruits throughout the day. Do u think this will have any bearing on the humulin?

For example my pre workout carbs might be 1/2-3/4 cup white rice and 6-8 onces pineapple

Last edited:
You'll be fine with the fruit, though my preferred pre-workout carbs are always complex (I prefer oatmeal, eaten 1-1.5 hrs prior to training to give it time to be assimilated). Post-workout is when I start adding fruit. I will typically get around 25-30g of complex carbs from rice and around the same amount of sugar from pineapple.

guys get in trouble gaing fat with insulin because they over eat thinking the insulin with force all the carbs into the muscle.

plan and simple

"If you try to stuff 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound sack you are gonna end up with a shitty mess!!"

stick with your curent diet and slowly add slin to meet the carbs

Gunsmith im thinking of starting at 4 iu and slowly increasing my dose from there. i know it sounds low but ive always been a low dose slowly increasing kind of guy. even with aas. also gonna do 4 weeks on 4 weeks off and probably just 3-4x week

4iu isn't a relatively low dose to start with. Check out the recent "Humulin r rules" thread lot of good info in there and a lot of chiming in from mike Arnold. Turned out to be a great thread.

What does your intra drink look like at that dose? If you don't mind

What does your intra drink look like at that dose? If you don't mind

10-15g BCAA
5g glutamine
10g creatine
30-50g waxy maize depending on what I'm training

PWO meal is usually 2 hrs after the insulin injection, just as it is peaking.

Gunsmith im thinking of starting at 4 iu and slowly increasing my dose from there. i know it sounds low but ive always been a low dose slowly increasing kind of guy. even with aas. also gonna do 4 weeks on 4 weeks off and probably just 3-4x week

absolutely nothing wrong with that at all , depending what your diet looks like through the day you could do 2-3 injections at low dose

you don't grow for just a few hrs after training

absolutely nothing wrong with that at all , depending what your diet looks like through the day you could do 2-3 injections at low dose

you don't grow for just a few hrs after training

My diets 50-70 grams protein, 50-60 grams carbs, 10-15 grams fat per meal

Carbs, white rice, sweet pot. oats 50% of carbs and fruits is the other 50%

fats are from mac nut oil, peanut butter, evoo, egg yolks

protein is the typical sources

Jeremy, I like your style. You seem to be in this game for the long haul. Those who take the drugs to the extreme, right off the bat, usually end up burning out. Where do you go when you start out at the top of the dose range?

guys get in trouble gaing fat with insulin because they over eat thinking the insulin with force all the carbs into the muscle.

plan and simple

"If you try to stuff 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound sack you are gonna end up with a shitty mess!!"

stick with your curent diet and slowly add slin to meet the carbs

can i use that for my sig line:D:D

Jeremy, I like your style. You seem to be in this game for the long haul. Those who take the drugs to the extreme, right off the bat, usually end up burning out. Where do you go when you start out at the top of the dose range?

Thanks Q, my goal is to get to your size one day. We are about the same height 6'1, except i go 240ish and you go 300ish lol

Dave Palumbo said fats don't interfere with the use of slin. I read in one of his Q&As he recommends 8iu in the morning & 6iu 5-6 hours later.

Dave Palumbo said fats don't interfere with the use of slin. I read in one of his Q&As he recommends 8iu in the morning & 6iu 5-6 hours later.

J thank you, despite what people say about Palumbo he is one smart guy and i believe a lot that comes out of his mouth

Okay guys, in August im going to be trying out slin to add some extra lean mass. Gonna be using humulin-r pre-workout. Not sure on the dose yet but the dose will be based around the carbs in my diet.

Heres my question, i eat a diet balanced with protein, carbs and fats. Most meals are 50-70 grams protein, 50-60 grams carbs and 10-15 grams fat. For the longest time i had always heard not to mix fats with insulin as they will be shuttled and stored as bodyfat.

But recently ive been researching and found quite a few respected names that say fats will not be shutttled that insulin moves carbs. So what the word should i take the fats out of my diet around my insulin use or leave them in?

I get really good results from my diet when the fats are in there.

Id really like to know what John Meadows, Phil, Futurefreak, shelby have to say about this along with everyone else too

2 things:
1) fats will slow down the entry of glucose into your blood - take home is if you want quick insulin reaction and a large peak to lessen fat (intra and post).
2) both fat cells and muscle cells will take in glucose unless you are in the training wondow. Take home is to not go crazy on carbs at other times...not saying don't eat them...just don't go crazy. A starved and beat up muscle cell will preferentially suck up nutrients.

Well 3 things:

If you think you need a ton of carbs, you are going to have to eat less fat so you don't overconsume calories...long term this is not good....

Fats in the right quanitity and quality will also help cellular communication (cell membrane the right rigidity/looseness) for messaging going in and out. This is best for metabolism and endocrine system long term. Very low fat diets in the LONG TERM are not a good idea period.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws