over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Carbs At Night: Fat Loss Killer Or Imaginary Boogeyman? By Dr. Layne Norton

The nutrient list I have says 1 medium sweet potatoe is 20 grams carbs. My god 400 carbs is 20 sweet potatoes!:eek: That probably would be a bit much to consume at one time.

Precisely what I am saying. 100g of sweet potato is 86cals and 20g carbs.
1lb of sweet potato is 454g.

Instead of realizing his error, he'd rather be disrespectful and confrontational about it. My guess is he's talking about eating 400g of sweet potato which is about 80g carbs and 350-400cals. But instead he is talking about 4000 calories from sweet potato. He doesn't get it..

>calls someone an idiot
>still uses somatypes to refer to his body type

I had to laugh as you called him an idiot and you didn't even spell it correctly... somatotype ;)

I personally know the theory (created by a psychologist) was debunked but I still refer to people as somatotypes. To think people don't have different body types is ridiculous. Gradeaphysique makes some good points but I think there is more to it than that. Sure someone stressing over having brown or white rice is overthinking things. However the quality of nutrients in ones diet definitely makes a big difference. It's not quite as simple as calories in and calories out... far from it.

I can't be bothered getting into a debate as I am frankly don't care. But I will leave one example that shows the complexity of things.... A person is dieting on 900 cals and performing 2 hours cardio per day and stalls in losing bodyfat. How is it possible (and it is) that the same person could have consumed a lot more cals and lost significantly more bodyfat with less cardio. I have seen this a lot and surely it is a simple way of showing it isn't quite as simple as cals in and cals out.

Last edited:
Precisely what I am saying. 100g of sweet potato is 86cals and 20g carbs.
1lb of sweet potato is 454g.

Instead of realizing his error, he'd rather be disrespectful and confrontational about it. My guess is he's talking about eating 400g of sweet potato which is about 80g carbs and 350-400cals. But instead he is talking about 4000 calories from sweet potato. He doesn't get it..

I recently saw a man eat 1000 grams of protein... So dont tell me it cant be done ;)

I once ate 4,500+ calories in one sitting .... 28 inches worth of sub sandwich...in only 12 minutes. You know what I did to prepare? 45 minutes of morning cardio and 5 hours of fasting... (I have it on video btw)

The point is, my prior post was an outright exageration. One other time, I have starved myself intentionally...for 18 hours straight, and then at 8pm at night I shoveled down like 3 big BOXES of rice krispy treats. Took me like an hour just kicking em back....came out to like 386 carbs in total....next day I woke up leaner. I went to the extreme to find out the truth.

I went to the extreme to find out the truth.

:yeahthat:

Or more precisely YOUR truth.

That has always been and will always remain the key in bodybuilding... find out what works for yourself. And sometimes it may take years to realize we shouldn't have followed what was commonly accepted as the "correct way" to do things, diet, training or gear wise. ;)

:yeahthat:

Or more precisely YOUR truth.

That has always been and will always remain the key in bodybuilding... find out what works for yourself. And sometimes it may take years to realize we shouldn't have followed what was commonly accepted as the "correct way" to do things, diet, training or gear wise. ;)

What’s commonly accepted is that carbs cause fat gain. In fact, I was one who used to do keto dieting like a warrior because I was deathly scared of carbs, because I gained “weight” very quickly from carbs.

I didn’t get over the fear of carbs until I conducted experiments on myself, and many others. I had many friends who I would consult with dieting….and I mirrored their diet after mine.

Bottom line is, you must understand how full your “gas tank” is. If your entire body is already 90% filled out with glucose, liver and skeletal muscle….then any carbs ingested may very well be laying down body fat.

Carbs don’t make you fat, EXCESSIVE carbs make you fat.

I once ate 4,500+ calories in one sitting .... 28 inches worth of sub sandwich...in only 12 minutes. You know what I did to prepare? 45 minutes of morning cardio and 5 hours of fasting... (I have it on video btw)

Done over 7000 in one hit once all junk and about another 4000 5 hours later because I couldn't sleep through hunger. This was when i experimented with a gram of tren briefly. Never again. I'm a food monster anyway and can do 5000 one hit easy when cruising but on tren it is something else.

What’s commonly accepted is that carbs cause fat gain. In fact, I was one who used to do keto dieting like a warrior because I was deathly scared of carbs, because I gained “weight” very quickly from carbs.

I didn’t get over the fear of carbs until I conducted experiments on myself, and many others. I had many friends who I would consult with dieting….and I mirrored their diet after mine.

Bottom line is, you must understand how full your “gas tank” is. If your entire body is already 90% filled out with glucose, liver and skeletal muscle….then any carbs ingested may very well be laying down body fat.

Carbs don’t make you fat, EXCESSIVE carbs make you fat.

Bingo. If there's room in the muscles them carbs will go to glycogen not fat.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I don't believe carbs are the devil, even when getting leaned out. Having said that, there are some body types - notably women, endomorphs and over 50 peoples who appear to lose fat faster on low carbs.

I am as "endomorphic" as they come, except for the fact I have small joints. I have always been puffy, carried a ton of fat in my mid section and ass, very *estrogenny* fat storage patterns. While I definitely pay for excessive carbs and cheating...after years of FEARING carbs and very slooowly chipping away at my fat, I found that if keep carbs higher (not crazy, but higher), and strip out fat, I lean out QUICKLY. Of course this does stall and eventually carbs must be reduced as well, but people can talk about total calories all they want...For me, it's when I'm trying to use Carbs AND fats they I stay fat. I can make progress by reducing either one...I stay more "satisfied" and crave less on high fats, but higher carbs/no fats I am HUNGRY all day and fat melts off.

I am stubborn and "old school" and on advice from someone VERY respected I have been playing with my carbs in my current show prep to prove me wrong.....and he did ! I used to suffer, do cardio twice a day and no carbs from appox. 6 pm to 6 am. As most have experienced, I always looked better Sunday morning after a show. I still eat very clean but my carb intake is much higher and the late meal carbs have given me a leaner, fuller look upon waking. I only do cardio pre first meal and feel much better than I ever have at 2 weeks out.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws