over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Carbs pre intra post vs back loading

thehazzle

Kilo Klub Member
Macros and calories being identical, what method would you personally prefer for fat loss while maintaining as much muscle as possible.

With pre intra post carbs are used when most needed. But with carb back loading you can use HGH, yohimbine, eca etc to maximise fat mobilisation burning more fat but possible at the expense of some muscle

Does not make any difference
Carbs are fuel and stored as glycogen in muscles/liver, just like a gas in the tank. Does it make any difference you fill the tank pretrip, intratrip or postrip? As long as you have gas in the tank you are gtg, as long as you have sone carbs stored as glycogen you are gtg. Of course there are so called gurus, whose would want to make you believe that it makes difference, there is "secret" time,formula,type of carbs or whatever and your choice is believe it or not.
You are burning fat when you are in calorie deficit, it does not make any diffetence when you take your carbs as long as you are burning more cals than you eat-you are burning fat

Does not make any difference
Carbs are fuel and stored as glycogen in muscles/liver, just like a gas in the tank. Does it make any difference you fill the tank pretrip, intratrip or postrip? As long as you have gas in the tank you are gtg, as long as you have sone carbs stored as glycogen you are gtg. Of course there are so called gurus, whose would want to make you believe that it makes difference, there is "secret" time,formula,type of carbs or whatever and your choice is believe it or not.
You are burning fat when you are in calorie deficit, it does not make any diffetence when you take your carbs as long as you are burning more cals than you eat-you are burning fat

This is exactly how I look at it and experience tells me its right. I actually like a lot of my carbs pre bed to fill glycogen then train on just a little protein so my body isn't wasting energy digesting food. Carbs pre bed means I sleep much better too. You won't overspill glycogen in a deficit and of you don't overspill glycogen cans won't be stored as far weather your sleeping, working out whatever.

With ghost in the picture you don't liar muscle training workout the carbs and even gain some of diety tight and there's a reasonable amount of anabolics in there

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree, doesn't make that much of a difference. Not in my experience anyway.

Looking at my last post im going to find a way to disable auto correct:banghead:

Might go the carb back loading route then seems to keep insulin sensitivity probs at bay from the hgh

Might go the carb back loading route then seems to keep insulin sensitivity probs at bay from the hgh

Good plan imo. How you going to set it up?

Pretty much pro fat until post workout and spread them out after that.

Although just read this **broken link removed**

Might make sense to go pre during post then carb less

Pretty much pro fat until post workout and spread them out after that.

Although just read this **broken link removed**

Might make sense to go pre during post then carb less

Just see which way you train better. I only train cables as I'm stronger, no other reason. As tr said it all evens out in the end so long as macros in check

I prefer to take them in at night before bed, this way I can take adv of fat burning most of the day going super low to 0 carbs. I dont have the carbs every night though, I go by how I feel. If I feel sluggish and legs feel heavy then I will take some in before bed, thats usually twice a week right now and once every 7-10 days I'll have a day with a bit more complex carbs and a cheat meal. Im just doing this for a fast 6 week fat loss for a trip to Mexico, so its far from the way I would diet down for a bodybuilding show.

I feel carb timing is super important, also type of carb is super important. Carbs control insulin. Insulin management is super important to bulking and cutting.

Liver glycogen is extremely limited, average about 400 calories. And when this gets somewhat depleted, your metabolism pathways totally change. You probably blow through half of your liver glycogen in your warmup and first exercise. You NEED digesting carbs to keep this from happening.

Then you have muscle glycogen, this needs to be replenished and maintained at maximum levels. Dieting to me is all about maximizing muscle glycogen while keeping liver glycogen depleted, but not too depleted. It's a delicate tightrope. Do it perfectly and you grow/maintain while getting leaner.

Protein timing is far less important than carb timing and carb type IMO, although both play an important role.

I don't think any meal should be carbless, maybe very low in carbs, but never completely carbless.

The biggest problem with most diets is a lack of quality carbs imo, protein is easy, quality carbs are a pain in the ass. Processed carbs are shit in most cases (there are times where processed is fine).

I follow Chris Aceto/Dorian Yates/Barry Sears philosophies. Most top trainers have came to these same conclusions also. It actually seems like everyone (or at least 90%) all arrive at the same diet conclusions with enough trial and error. Hard to argue with many lifetimes of knowledge and trial and error, especially when all the science supports these conclusions as well.

I feel carb timing is super important, also type of carb is super important. Carbs control insulin. Insulin management is super important to bulking and cutting.

Liver glycogen is extremely limited, average about 400 calories. And when this gets somewhat depleted, your metabolism pathways totally change. You probably blow through half of your liver glycogen in your warmup and first exercise. You NEED digesting carbs to keep this from happening.

Then you have muscle glycogen, this needs to be replenished and maintained at maximum levels. Dieting to me is all about maximizing muscle glycogen while keeping liver glycogen depleted, but not too depleted. It's a delicate tightrope. Do it perfectly and you grow/maintain while getting leaner.

Protein timing is far less important than carb timing and carb type IMO, although both play an important role.

I don't think any meal should be carbless, maybe very low in carbs, but never completely carbless.

The biggest problem with most diets is a lack of quality carbs imo, protein is easy, quality carbs are a pain in the ass. Processed carbs are shit in most cases (there are times where processed is fine).

I follow Chris Aceto/Dorian Yates/Barry Sears philosophies. Most top trainers have came to these same conclusions also. It actually seems like everyone (or at least 90%) all arrive at the same diet conclusions with enough trial and error. Hard to argue with many lifetimes of knowledge and trial and error, especially when all the science supports these conclusions as well.

Would you place them all equally spread out over total meals or have say higher percentage intra and post

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws