over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Carbs while cutting - Your best way?

Damios

Registered
Hi,

What is Your best way to eat Carbs while cutting time? Keep them through whole day? Only in the morning, before and after workout? How many grams do You usually eat?

to fat and protein in the morning ans do alle of you carbs pre during and post. there is no magic number. i dont allways do intra shakes. the only carbs pre and post

i mainly keep them around my workouts, but actually have SOME carbs with pretty much every meal. just have the main part around / especially after my workout.
theres always some milk in my morning coffee or some fruit with breakfast.

on a cut i eat ~250g protein, when i cut on lets say 2500 kcals i just fill the other 1500kcals with whatever i feel like eating.
i prefer higher carbs lower fats when cutting though so i might eat like 300g carbs some days.

when stalling out i might start carb cycling or do a few no carb days, but for me thats not really needed because i always use t3 and t3 loves carbs :cool:

was prescribed a 3000 cal 300-100g cycling diet... Seems high cal for me but will give it a shot and see how low I can get it in the next couple weeks.

I just did the M4b challenge over at ANASCI.

I cycled my carbs depending what I trained that day.

Non training days, I ate about 120 gms
Back and leg days around 400
all others about 275

This was done on advice from Jay Cutler and it worked well.

It may seem a little on the high side but I have a physical job too.

And I ate the carbs all through the day including the last meal.

I like to cycle my carbs between 1-3 days of no carbs (under 50g), just minimum from cucumber, celery, tomato, broccoli. Then have 1-2 carb up days. It feeds my muscles regularly and keeps me from getting to cranky. I get leaner but more important to me, I maintain all my muscle and strength. I`m just not a fan of some long term restricted calorie diet, loosing a fat AND ton of muscle. Plus I just love food to much for that, but stay pretty lean as it is.

I guess I'm fortunate I usually eat a cup of carbs per meal. So when I'm cutting breakfast, my post workout meal, is egg whites with a cup of oatmeal, one tbsp of brown sugar, and a cup of whole milk. After that I have 4 meals of lean meat with a cup of rice per meal and soy sauce for the salts. Last meal of the day is egg whites and usually a plain big bagel. Thats it. I eat veggies but I don't count them.

Usually I eat carbs all day and if I'm flattening out I'll add some fats from coconut oil almonds or natural PB. (My body thrives on healthy fats)

Low carbs (few times a week after I feel my liver and muscle glycogen have returned I'll start dropping carbs for breakfast white rice at every other meal including pre workout and I usually train at night with one meal before bed which is no carbs just about a pound of Ground Turkey breast or a pound or fresh tuna.)

So in essence for I like to balance my macros from the low end 2800-3600 (upper end)

If you really want a good cutting try a keto diet but it has to be done right so study up before fully going into it.

If you want to use carbs during your keto diet then it needs to be around your workout time. So pre and post, or pre-intra-post. If you have an intra workout with carbs and protein (I personally do full keto so I do not) then you do not need to eat immediately after workout.

2/3 of the days carbs are eaten in my first two meals. As the day progresses not only do I eat fewer carbs, but I switch to more slowly burned carbs. By the end of the day a meal might have 7 -9 grams of carbs from fibrous veggies.

I like first meal of day no carbs. I then split my remaining 300g over 5 or 6 meals for the rest of day. I won't go below 300. I always train carbles and do post workout cardio so get a good fat loss windrow there

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Double post

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
It depends what type of person-metaboslim you have and how is your activity level through out a day, drugs are third factor but most important are first two...Personally I have very fast metabolism, now doing cardio 3-4 times a week fasted just light walk, training very high volume (20-30 sets per body part) and high frequency (back,chest at least 2 times a week, sometimes 3, legs/arms 2 times a week, barely train my shoulders, calves ed) and doing 3-4 muay thai session a week at the end of the day and I am dropping weight on 400g of carbs, usually my carbs shoots to 500-600g on a hard days (for example-cardio in the morning, 2+ hour leg training ession and muay thai training later in the day , if I get bellow 400 I cannot function/concentrate and I am just on trt test, hcg and 20mg dbol prew...my buddy who is on 1-2g test year round, hgh year round adds tren,winny,t3,clen,proviron when contest time comes never eats more than 150-200g of carbs even in the offseason he never goes over 300, he gets fat very quick if he is eating too much of carbs, because a-he does need much of them when doing just weights (very little to no cardio), b-he was chubby, muscled but chubby all his life and does not have very fast metaboslim, no matter how much drugs he puts in his system.human body is more complex than some guys believes whose thinks that if they have slow metabolsim/low energy expenditure they can put lots of t3/clen/t4/tren/hgh or any other fat burning drug eat lotsa carbs/calories and lose fat. it does not work that way

I get sick and feel hypo when I eat food that has no carbs. I would imagism this means I should be eating them in early day and post work out and stop there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know why Carbs are hating while cutting on a lot of BB Boards. People say that 90% of us can't get ripped while eating more than 100-150 carbs day becouse spike insulin and full of glycogen, even with 5x weight training and 5-7 days cardio session.

I thought I was carb sensitive. Etc and worried abou5 carb timing
I actually think carb timing is more important when bulking due to digestion etc when cuttinf and doing carb I like carbs in all.meals
Right now im at 10weeks out and carbs are 300ish everyday
No fat burners etc
Cardio is 35mins in fact I keep.adding small amounts of carbs as my cardio goes up I think carbs are great and u dnt need to be scientific with them

Synthetek Industries – Innovative Bodybuilding Products: Syntherol SEO | Human Kyno | L-Carnitine | Liver Protectants | Appetite Stimulators | Vasodilators - www.synthetek.com

I also think when you are fater u need less carbs

Synthetek Industries – Innovative Bodybuilding Products: Syntherol SEO | Human Kyno | L-Carnitine | Liver Protectants | Appetite Stimulators | Vasodilators - www.synthetek.com

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear