over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cardio after a leg workout on leg day

Spacey

Registered
It's the one day I have not been doing cardio because my legs are like jelly after a good leg workout. Just curious if anyone does cardio after lifting (not in a separate training session on leg day)?

I do them but if you can do fasted cardio first thing in the morning OR after eating your last meal before going to bed.

I have started fasted cardio first thing in the morning for a month or so now and it's been pretty amazing.

I do cardio right after i lift. Im already at the gym and in workout mode so i just do it at that time. I even do it on leg day after my workout but sometimes ill bitch out and do the treadmill instead of the step mill on leg day. Step mill after doing quads is tough but i have done it. I don't squat though bc of back injuries.

Fasted cardio in the AM is the best but i never seem to get into it. I will for a week or 2 here and there but i get lazy.

I do them but if you can do fasted cardio first thing in the morning OR after eating your last meal before going to bed.

I have started fasted cardio first thing in the morning for a month or so now and it's been pretty amazing.

Thanks for the feedback. At some point I will need to add a second cardio session (fasted AM), but I'm trying to get as much out of the PWO session before adding another. I struggle to get enough sleep now, and morning cardio is going to cost me even more :(

If you want to do cardio after a leg session, do it on the recumbent bike.

I always try to do fasted cardio first thing in the AM, like to get it out the way early and also feel it sets me up better for the day!! but in the circumstance of me missing it in the morning, nothing wrong with doing it after training IMO as long as its not to much. But yes its pretty nasty after a leg session lol, infact i done it yesterday after legs and wasn't very nice!!

Fasted AM cardio IMO is the shizzzz

Cardio after legs is my favorite time. I'm really in my zone and have to v force myself of the cross trainer after 30 minutes

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Got up at 3:15 am for morning cardio this morning. ugggh

Question to you morning cardio pro's - does having a cup of green tea or coffee (0 calorie) before starting defeat the purpose of fasted cardio?

Cardio on leg day? Yup, I go out to one of the lakes in the area and rent a kayak for 30 minutes $5. I do 20 minutes of HIIT cardio. 20 seconds all out rowing followed by 40 seconds rest. All upper body and it works amazing.

Some gyms having rowing machines as well.

Most of my cardio is in a morning session but I did do cardio yesterday after my leg workout and felt like I didnt do enough lifting that I was able to do 30 minutes on the elliptical afterwards.

Got up at 3:15 am for morning cardio this morning. ugggh

Question to you morning cardio pro's - does having a cup of green tea or coffee (0 calorie) before starting defeat the purpose of fasted cardio?

No problem with that, as long as you don't add sugar. If its zero calories it wont affect anything. Actually both of those should give your metabolism a kick. You can have some BCAA's before the cardio as well....

No problem with that, as long as you don't add sugar. If its zero calories it wont affect anything. Actually both of those should give your metabolism a kick. You can have some BCAA's before the cardio as well....

No sugar but have been adding a little splenda

Absolutely. You can eat what you want tbh if stick to your macros for the day. Your just create an energy deficit that needs to be repaid later even if you hammer the carbs. I prefer some carbs pre cardio to fasted. The calories are burnt of regardless

Absolutely. You can eat what you want tbh if stick to your macros for the day. Your just create an energy deficit that needs to be repaid later even if you hammer the carbs. I prefer some carbs pre cardio to fasted. The calories are burnt of regardless

Yeah i hear ya, but he was asking about fasted cardio in the AM. If you like carbs before thats cool.

Yeah i hear ya, but he was asking about fasted cardio in the AM. If you like carbs before thats cool.

Nothing wrong with fasted cardio. I just think a lot of people worry too much about things like can I take a few aminos or green tea etc. I was just agreeing with what your said. A lot will argue against bcaa as the insulingenic but I agree with you that there fine. Insulin isn't a switch that's on or off and lipolysis is not normally the bottle neck so a little insulin is far from being a problem.

this is a false statement

this is a false statement

Elaborate. I'm here to learn also, I definitely don't know everything. I definitely don't think drinking a little green tea before fasted cardio will negate the effects, but i could be wrong. Correct me if i am.

After leg day I jump on the treadmill and set on incline to 4%. 20 min of that and im good.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws