over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cardio after heavy weight training?????

00turbot/a

Newbies
Well I have always read that get your meal in 30 min after your training. I was wondering I have been doing 30 min of cardio after my training is my body going into a catabolic state while Im doing my cardio after my weight training??? Or since my heart rate is staying elevated its not changing anything??? Any help would be great. Did lots of research just alot of different answers.

the key to it is the intensity...getting your heart rate up too high and yes you will get catabolic...which you inherently do during long/hard training sessions...to combat this, have some bcaa's to preserve things until it's feeding time....I don't think too many will disagree the most advantageous times for weight loss "cardio" is fasted (before breakfast) and post training.

Meh, don't overthink it. Mix up a carb/aminoacid/arginine shake of a good size and just sip it throughout your workout. drink water during cardio. you'll b fine.

Have decide to just break it up and do cardio in the AM and training in the evening. I beleive it is making my body weaker and limiting my gains

I always perform cardio after weights. I have been doing it this way for years and it works great for me.

I used to do fasted cardio, which was great...but I need my sleep.

If I do cardo post wo I keep it much shorter than my morning cardo, no more than 20 min.

I do an hour of weight training (one muscle group a day) and then an hour of cardio on the elliptical machine at an incline of 9 and resistence of 10-12. After that I go home and drink a protien shake then eat lean meat and veggies an hour after that.

I do it while on a cutting cycle.

First thing in the AM or on your days off from training. Pay closer attention to what you put in your mouth; too much cardio will make you look like a starving coyote!

For my contest prep for USA's this year.. I do cardio after weight training, during weight training i sip on amino drink, after cardio drink a protein shake, 15 min later have a 20ounce gatorade and 1 hour after that i eat my meal. Working very well;) Cardio is done on a treadmill set at a steep incline and walk fast enough to get my heart rate to 128- 132

Fasted Cardio in the morning (separate from training) ...or yea right after your weight training

For my contest prep for USA's this year.. I do cardio after weight training, during weight training i sip on amino drink, after cardio drink a protein shake, 15 min later have a 20ounce gatorade and 1 hour after that i eat my meal. Working very well;) Cardio is done on a treadmill set at a steep incline and walk fast enough to get my heart rate to 128- 132

What's the rationale for drinking the protein shake 1st followed by the gatorade? How long for the cardio? Why only bring HR to 132? I'm 41 and keep my HR at 135-145.

There is Fat Burning and then there is Cardio. Fat burning can be anywhere from 110 to 130 beats per minute depending on your age. Cardio is conditioning your heart which requires an elevated heart rate usually above 135-140 depending on your age. Both burn fat but Cardio is not as advantages for bodybuilders; especially if your low on glycogen.

There is Fat Burning and then there is Cardio. Fat burning can be anywhere from 110 to 130 beats per minute depending on your age. Cardio is conditioning your heart which requires an elevated heart rate usually above 135-140 depending on your age. Both burn fat but Cardio is not as advantages for bodybuilders; especially if your low on glycogen.

Yes I understand that! From all I've read doing cardio in the "fat-loss" mode, while burning a higher percentage of fat versus doing it in the "cardio" mode, does not elevate your metabolism enough so basically your body stops burning fat as soon as you're done. While doing the cardio while maintaining your HR higher will elevate your metabolism for up to 6 hrs post-cardio. So in the long run you will burn more calories doing it this way!
Here's a great article on cardio.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...51636-great-piece-cardio-joe-klemczewski.html

Last edited:

Sounds like Farah;)

Layne Norton has stated that, if you burn a lot of fat during cardio, you will spend the rest of the day burning carbs. If you burn a lot of carbs during cardio, you will spend the rest of the day burning fat.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131