over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cardio After Leg Day ???...

6.8SPC

Registered
How do you guys and gals feel about doing moderate intensity cardio after leg day ? I am really loving doing about 30 min on the elliptical five days a week and want to know if this would impede recovery of the legs at all. It makes me feel so good I want to do it as many days per week as possible! :cool: Thanks.

I think it helped me with increased recovery and reduced soreness due to getting blood flow in the legs. As long as the intensity is low and i dont see a problem with it.

How do you guys and gals feel about doing moderate intensity cardio after leg day ? I am really loving doing about 30 min on the elliptical five days a week and want to know if this would impede recovery of the legs at all. It makes me feel so good I want to do it as many days per week as possible! :cool: Thanks.

I try to get cardio in for 30 minutes every day even when I'm bulking. It's never affected strength or recovery time. Legs can take a lot, and 30 minutes prolly won't make a difference either way. It's not as if you are doing long distance endurance training. I wouldn't worry about it. Just pay attention to your body. If it starts to affect your leg training change it up.

I feel like it kind of breaks up the lactic acid buildup and helps with soreness. I dont think some low intensity cardio will interfere with leg recovery at all, especially if you are taking in a good amount of calories.

I do it and it helps my legs recover quicker, I guess the blood circulating carries away the waste products or something.

I feel like it kind of breaks up the lactic acid buildup and helps with soreness. I dont think some low intensity cardio will interfere with leg recovery at all, especially if you are taking in a good amount of calories.

same here. I always do 30mins treadmil after leg WO with no negative impact on recovery as far as i can tell

OUCH!!!! :eek:

but I do it anyway...

Then I wobble upstairs to take off my sweaty clothes. Everlast keeps telling me do my cardo naked, so I don't have to go upstairs.

Good Stuff

Good to hear the consensus. It used to seem like a drag and I was afraid I would shrink! Now I get a type of mild "runner's high" from cardio and I feel it helps my recovery as some of you said. Sassy, sounds like an idea for a show on fit tv, "Naked Cardio". All it needs is that "master warrior" lady for a host and we could pitch it, haha! :D

lactic acid is metabolized fairly rapidly

but i believe it helps and know it helps from personal experience, u can also make it an easy cardio day and just go for a walk outside, something slightly less demanding than the elliptical

Good to hear the consensus. It used to seem like a drag and I was afraid I would shrink! Now I get a type of mild "runner's high" from cardio and I feel it helps my recovery as some of you said. Sassy, sounds like an idea for a show on fit tv, "Naked Cardio". All it needs is that "master warrior" lady for a host and we could pitch it, haha! :D

That would be one way to make their rating go waaaay up! lol...

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads