over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cardio after legs and calves?

steak

Registered
Do you competitive bodybuilders do cardio after the Legs and/or calves session? or do you think it could shrink the legs pre contest? Some find it effective to bring out the cut and hams and glutes tie ins. Any comment ?

It depends on the person's genetics. Some guys can keep there leg size with cardio and diet some cannot. Some guys loose a lot of size in their arms when dieting some do not.
peace

No you shouldnt. Doing cardio after working legs/calves messes with the recovery process. I never do cardio on leg day.

I think it all depends on how spent you are after your workout because sometimes I like cool down with 30 minutes of very moderate to light cardio. It just makes me feel better! But, again go too extreme with cardio atrophy can happen, control the intensity post workout and stay in fat burning zone, not muscle burning zone!

Last edited:
I think it all depends on how spent you are after your workout because sometimes I like cool down with 30 minutes of very moderate to light cardio. It just makes me feel better! But, again go too extreme with cardio atrophy can happen, control the intensity post workout and stay in fat burning zone, not muscle burning zone!

thats what I do, stepper after legs, makes them veiny, and more shape.

It depends on the person's genetics. Some guys can keep there leg size with cardio and diet some cannot. Some guys loose a lot of size in their arms when dieting some do not.
peace

yeah I loose my arms size, but at least my dick looks bigger:D

i usually always do cardio the day of legs and the day after. i find i recover faster and i am less sore. a doctor friend of mine says the extra circulation helps clear lactic acid as well as other benefits. i can tell a difference for the past year i have been doing it.

i usually always do cardio the day of legs and the day after. i find i recover faster and i am less sore. a doctor friend of mine says the extra circulation helps clear lactic acid as well as other benefits. i can tell a difference for the past year i have been doing it.

Absolutely, I usually have trouble standing but I heave my ass on the treadmill and just walk at a 3.5 incline and work up to 3.5MPH for 25 minutes.... makes recovery so much better

No you shouldnt. Doing cardio after working legs/calves messes with the recovery process. I never do cardio on leg day.

i dont agree here

Absolutely, I usually have trouble standing but I heave my ass on the treadmill and just walk at a 3.5 incline and work up to 3.5MPH for 25 minutes.... makes recovery so much better

this has been my experience. i usually have DOMS far worse the days following leg days when I DON'T do cardio. I feel that even 20 minutes light walk after legs keeps the blood flowing and helps recovery.

i do cardio 7 days a week, PWO, so yes I do cardio after legs. Low intensity for 45 min right now...I haven't noticed that it's affected anything, if anything it helps recovery cause it gets more blood in there, then you have your shake and whatnot.

i do cardio pwo only 20 mins so far and its dam hard after training legs or calfs. im dreading when this goes up to 45 mins plus

thats what I do, stepper after legs, makes them veiny, and more shape.

If doing cardio improves the shape and makes them more vascular then its sounds like you are someone who can get away with it. Just pay attention to the mirror and if they start "shrinking" then cut it out on leg days.

If doing cardio improves the shape and makes them more vascular then its sounds like you are someone who can get away with it. Just pay attention to the mirror and if they start "shrinking" then cut it out on leg days.

i am not plaing to stop post leg work cardio. My legs are bigger with comparison my upper body.

My leg day is glutes, hams, and quads, and it's the only day I don't do some kind of cardio on. My knees are a bit sore and I'm totally dead afterwards so I skip it.

Post work out is time for nutrition not cardio in my book.;)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131