over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

cardio and training

PUMPED

Registered
OK I am at 35min this week for my cardio 10 week out. I have been adding 5 min every week and doing it after my workout. well when I start to get to 45min and higher (if needed) I was thinking about doing carido (30min) around 5AM then hiting the weights at 12 noon (1 hour) then the rest of my cardio at 8PM.

this way I am in the gym less and after I train I am just so tryed and ready to eat I though doing the cardio like this will help keep some muscle.

what do you guys think?

I think that is a good idea.

I remember talking to MILOS and he stated that he did cardio 3 times a week 7 days out. 5am 12pm and 4pm....min 30 minutes

Also

Kiwi said it has helped him considerably....he would be the guy to talk to on this as he had a pretty long post on this...

well

Hey big man, ya might wanna check it over on Ripped Mass, it might have been there that it was posted... G luck on dieting man..

Yep cardio is the best for growing and getting lean for show. I would say do all cardio in one session in the morning be easiest :)

but I allways thought you shouldnt do more than 30min if you are doing it before breakfast? but I guess If I took some protien and bacc's before cardio then I wouldnt have to worry about that?

cardio is for runners

:mad: cardio sux and I never want to do it again. Sunday is my last day and I am cutting it out till the next time I have to do a show otherwise its breathing hard and walking up the stairs sweating. Im not going to even tell you how many hours I had to do a day to get into my condition. Anyways b4 I rant andr ave too much. Morning cardio empty stomach, take glutamine/BCAA's B4, caffiene/ephedrine too. Both are potent fatty acid utilizers and glycogen sparing. Post workout cario too, and if you have time a night session too. whatever worksin your sched. But AM and postworkout glycogen is at its lowest level and harder to pull form that energy source. Make sure intensity not to high no sense in eating up that lovely muscle tissue. To use fat as an energy source I believe its total daily energy expenditure + type of level activity (intense or moderate). Fatty acids or long carbon chains on a triglyceride, it takes much O2 to cut those chains hence moderate to low level activity. When do you think that fatty acids are used the most? At rest, skeletal muscle/organs love fats as energy sources, they are dense and available. Find ot what works for you there is no proverbial "cookie cutter" everything is relative to your body, as I always say everything works in theory outside the human body but once inside who knows what the f%$k is actually going to happen.
Gooey

I have found that doing cardio 1st thing in the morning is very beneficial as far as tapping into your fat stores. I am currently doing 1 hour 1st thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Sometimes I will do a little cardio---max 30 minutes after my weight training session. Cardio does make a difference for sure. For my first show, I didn't do any cardio and was in pretty decent condition. I ended up hooking up with wyldeone and within 2 weeks he helped me chang my composition around drastically for the Junior Nationals. I am currently getting ready for the USA's in about 3 weeks. I know that in the off season, i will incorporate some cardio to help my metabolism....Good Luckwith your contest prep.....Mental1

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws