YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cardio choice....Treadmill or Elliptical?

Shockrock3

Registered
Newbies
Have a older treadmill nothing flashy but looking to upgrade just for the motivation....what is your machine of choice treadmill or elliptical?

I bought an elliptical, the Sole E35 back in 07’. Never had any issues with it. Actually gave it to my neighbor earlier this year to get the newest version of Sole E35. Not ridiculously priced, and mine have been reliable.

I also have a BowFlex Max Trainer. The motion feels like you’re climbing stairs. It will kick your ass! I hate that machine because it makes me work so hard.

Cage

Treadmill all day. I see all the people thst are on the elliptical everyday and none of them ever seem to get into shape. It’s much easier seems almost effortless on the elliptical it’s like gravity keeps it turning for you. Crank threat treadmill to full incline and walk on it without holding on. Much much more difficult. Just my opinion but it’s also the opinion of the best bodybuilders to ever get on stage.

Treadmill. Elliptical too effecient.

UNLESS….it has the handles you can move and it has a high resistance setting ability. If so, you can crank up the resistance and damn near simulate a airdyne bike effort.

I hike with a ruck usually. if I’m actually doing cardio at the gym I typically row but there is a Jacob's ladder and HIITmillX
That ladder will kick anyones ass. I periodically use it but it seems to hurts my knees quite a bit so I don’t use it often. I hike with my dogs almost daily. But the majority of my cardio is still done in my bed lol works better than anything in a gym by far

If have to use a machine I prefer a treadmill
Otherwise I'd rather walk outside for LISS cardio , for actual cardiovascular exercise I prefer swimming or running tactical drills

I have both and got both used on FB market. Attaining the Elliptical was a trip with a story as people are idiots on FB market, but I got it home and love it. The elliptical gets my heart rate much higher around 130-150 without seemingly much effort. The elliptical seems to help keep my BP down compared to treadmill alone. The elliptical flares up my piriformis as you use this almost too much on the elliptical. The treadmill is something I can do any day and even when sore from doing legs early in the week while the elliptical would destroy my joints if I did it while not recuperated. I would get one as its good to have variety. The older I get the more calculated I have to be on what I can use to avoid flaring up injuries while still getting it in so its good to have different options for cardio.

I love doing HIIT on the elliptical. Unlike the treadmill you need to motivate yourself as you’re in control of the speed - not the machine. My physique improved drastically since switching. I also believe my leg volume has improved as I’m no longer beating them down on the treadmill and stairs.

The studies i have seen where people used the same amount of perceived effort the treadmill consistently burned more calories. When you set a pace on the treadmill you have to work too maintain it of you fall off the machine. And you can incline it to keep the impact down and tension on the muscle up. With ellipticals that i have used i am the motor and have to keep an eye on my pace to make sure i don't slow down. And many people use the handles to just hold on to to stabilize their upper body witch makes it easier and burns less calories. It can be easy to shift your bodyweight back and forth to move the peddles as opposed to having the muscles pull them through their range.

Think outside the box.

Get a rowing machine.

More bang for your buck, a far better workout.

The most over looked piece of cardio equipment there is in my opinion.

Clock it to burn 100c in 10 minutes (600c in 1hr for those math challenged like me) to start or less depending on your preexisting condition. That is what I have done / do.

Bump it up according to your goals. And if you are incapable of doing that now which is okay, soon you will be, start slow.

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. If you lose muscle, which is doubtful, then it was not worth having in the first place. My opinion.

Am pretty sure about any top bodybuilder could do this with a bit of training with no ill effects.

My only caveat is that it is incredibly boring if you are not comfortable in your own head.

I've been doing true HIIT on a bike for almost a year now. Brought up my leg size, increased my lung capacity, allowed me to minimize fat gain better, and generates stares at the gym because no one else does it.

Have a older treadmill nothing flashy but looking to upgrade just for the motivation....what is your machine of choice treadmill or elliptical?
Stepmill then elliptical you can walk outside for free

For cardio at the gym, the stairmaster or airbike, and walking up hills is a free bonus when near my home.

I bought an elliptical, the Sole E35 back in 07’. Never had any issues with it. Actually gave it to my neighbor earlier this year to get the newest version of Sole E35. Not ridiculously priced, and mine have been reliable.

I also have a BowFlex Max Trainer. The motion feels like you’re climbing stairs. It will kick your ass! I hate that machine because it makes me work so hard.

Cage

M6 or M9? Literally was browsing, as I was entering this chat. Hearing it's worth it for home cardio.

M6 or M9? Literally was browsing, as I was entering this chat. Hearing it's worth it for home cardio.
Mine is an M5. Got it awhile ago so they’ve most likely upgraded their line up. Don’t know if you’ve seen the commercials where the people talk abt chasing the red line in the pre-programs. Fuck me, I can’t keep up with that red line!!!! Has me dying! So I don’t even try to keep up with that shit anymore. Just do and even paced workout. After 30min I’m soaked in sweat and worn out!

My wife won’t touch it. She says that machine is too damn hard. Lol

Cage

Treadmill....set that bitch to 15 Incline...3-5- 4.0

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws