over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cardio for fat loss , what do you prefer

3-3.5 mph incline from 3-10 increase as I stall.The reason I do this is recovery for me is easy especially in a deficit.I find if I do any hiit . 1) My appetite increases 2)Recovering is not as easy 3) It hinders my performance in the gym.

What works for me, only fast am cardio 4iu gh prior. It’s the only thing that has ever worked. I tried post workout weight loss effects were much different. Usually 30-45 min on stepmill.

LSD....aka....Long slow durations. When I say this, I'm busting my ass on some type of incline not holding on. I won't run or jog due to my knees taking a beating.

Fasted morning medium pace walk. Or, my preference, boxing. I have bags set up in my basement and can always mix up my training routine. 5-6 rounds heavy bag and a couple 2-3 rounds speed bag as a cool down while heart rate is still elevated. The best shape athletes I've seen, in my opinion, are boxers. Very intense bag work is unlike any other cardio to me. Hope everyone is well. Thanks.

3 hours of walking per day. 3 sessions. 2 hours first thing in the morning. 30 minutes mid-morning. 30 minutes in the afternoon. Works out to around 20k steps.

This is a bodybuilding board or a board where people try to make guinness records of daily steps?

Some people have gone crazy at the thought of walking, I can see the sacrifice if you have to get ripped for a show, but for health purposes it is totally unnecessary. If you do serious weight training for 3-5 days a week, 40-50 minutes of walking for 4-5 days a week is enought.

This is a bodybuilding board or a board where people try to make guinness records of daily steps?

Some people have gone crazy at the thought of walking, I can see the sacrifice if you have to get ripped for a show, but for health purposes it is totally unnecessary. If you do serious weight training for 3-5 days a week, 40-50 minutes of walking for 4-5 days a week is enought.
I'm fat and cutting. Once the bulk starts I'll walk less. sw 345 cw 215 bulk starts at 190. 25 lbs to go.

I’m boring, spin bike, stair mill, concept 2 rower and elliptical. All done fasted liss style. Right after my 4ius hgh, 400mg l carnitine and 500-1000mg metformin.

Regardless of modality I like to use a heart rate strap. This ensures that I'm not adapting and just cruising at a useless level. For me 135bpm on long steady state, shooting up to and over 150 and down to 120 on interval cardio.

I'm fat and cutting. Once the bulk starts I'll walk less. sw 345 cw 215 bulk starts at 190. 25 lbs to go.
There’s nothing wrong with what you’re doing. Keep it up if it’s working for you. I rarely do cardio but that’s all preference.

There’s nothing wrong with what you’re doing. Keep it up if it’s working for you. I rarely do cardio but that’s all preference.
I agree @eazy_ , I walk a lot also, I enjoy taking walks with my wife or walking the dog plus I do a lot of walking at my job, a lazy day at work for me is 14000 steps. I'm a PROFESSIONAL BODYBUILDER, but I enjoy walking so I do it. As the above quote says "there's nothing wrong with what your doing".

I agree @eazy_ , I walk a lot also, I enjoy taking walks with my wife or walking the dog plus I do a lot of walking at my job, a lazy day at work for me is 14000 steps. I'm a PROFESSIONAL BODYBUILDER, but I enjoy walking so I do it. As the above quote says "there's nothing wrong with what your doing".

I'm doing 2 sessions of cardio walking for 45-60 minutes, I feel a daily pain in my legs and I'm crawling, it sucks, how can you walk so much and not have muscle overload?

By the way, in the long term all excess work will bring negative consequences, walking so much is not healthy even if it is a fad, especially with your body weight.

In addition, we can think about the efficiency and investment of time and effort, just as you do not need to lift every day for 2 hours to become stronger and more muscular, your heart does not need 3 or 4 hours of walking a day.

This....I prefer heavy bag work because I find it cathartic. 4 minute rounds with 30 sec between rounds, 6 rounds.
In the spring and fall, ill take bike rides for 30 min. Theres a lot of hills around so never on leg day...lol

Four minutes of good heavy bag work is very intense. I usually do 3 minute rounds. Also 30 second rest.

Bike ride and heavy bag can be one hell of a full body cardio workout.

Four minutes of good heavy bag work is very intense. I usually do 3 minute rounds. Also 30 second rest.

Bike ride and heavy bag can be one hell of a full body cardio workout.
Oh I don't do bag and bike in the same day, its one or the other for me.
The 4 minute round thing comes from my grandfather. He always said all other things being equal, the guy with the most endurance wins. So he would have me train that way and double the number of rounds of the fight.
He was right, I never got tired. my issue is that I wasn't a very good boxer and I was too heavy for my height. All I was, was a puncher, so the entire strategy was dont stop punching until he goes to sleep because I couldn't move for shit...lol

I'm doing 2 sessions of cardio walking for 45-60 minutes, I feel a daily pain in my legs and I'm crawling, it sucks, how can you walk so much and not have muscle overload?

By the way, in the long term all excess work will bring negative consequences, walking so much is not healthy even if it is a fad, especially with your body weight.

In addition, we can think about the efficiency and investment of time and effort, just as you do not need to lift every day for 2 hours to become stronger and more muscular, your heart does not need 3 or 4 hours of walking a day.
2 things,
Im curious about the leg pain from walking. What else are you doing that contributes to it?

Second, Brad is a pro bodybuilder, I have the feeling that work ethic being equal, he would build and keep muscle better than 99% of us regardless of what he does for cardio. Humans also evolved for endurance. We are the single animal on the planet that can run any other species to exhaustion and collapse.
Its how we used to hunt in groups. Keep the target in sight and run it down until it collapsed from exhaustion. I believe that bodybuilders worry too much about losing muscle with cardio when endurance feats are quite possibly the main driver for our species dominance on this planet other than our brains.
Ignoring muscle building, we function very well on endurance under restricted calorie intake. Ancient humans had to hunt and gather and expend enormous amounts of energy just to stay alive and our bodies evolved to these conditions.
I think cardio is less detrimental than people think.

More beneficial. The better your endurance/ cardio, the more weight you can press. That being beneficial to the bodybuilder. I figure they'd wanna press more weight for longer periods.

2 things,
Im curious about the leg pain from walking. What else are you doing that contributes to it?

Nothing, except leg day, 45 minute workout every 6 days.

OK, humans evolved to hunt and walk, but they weren't thinking of reducing % body fat, so when they hunted, they ate all of the surplus.

We are doing cardio but without obtaining the reward of caloric abundance.

And of course, many humans of the past died in these conditions of caloric/energy deficiency and exhaustion, as happens with all animals that hunt.

I believe that bodybuilders worry too much about losing muscle with cardio when endurance feats are quite possibly the main driver for our species dominance on this planet other than our brains.

I agree with this, catabolism is overrated, even in natural athletes. But that's not my complaint, I speak of pain and exhaustion from doing too much cardio.

Nothing, except leg day, 45 minute workout every 6 days.

OK, humans evolved to hunt and walk, but they weren't thinking of reducing % body fat, so when they hunted, they ate all of the surplus.

We are doing cardio but without obtaining the reward of caloric abundance.

And of course, many humans of the past died in these conditions of caloric/energy deficiency and exhaustion, as happens with all animals that hunt.
Id argue this was happening in a caloric surplus. Without modern firearms and vehicles id think they were most likely always on the brink of starvation until the advent of agriculture. Each large kill sustaining life for another few weeks, especially during times when plant food wasn't available.
But, im wondering if your leg pain has a different underlying cause besides a calorie deficit.

But, im wondering if your leg pain has a different underlying cause besides a calorie deficit.

No, I don't have any injuries. The pain is similar to what you have after 2 or 3 days of a hard leg workout, but it is continuous for most of the week (plus extreme heaviness or tiredness), this is due to cardio and caloric deficit. Usually, a walking session usually relieves the pain caused by a hard leg session in the gym. But this is a different scenario.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127
NapsGear