over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cardio for fat loss , what do you prefer

Imo the cardio will eat muscle theory is pushed by people that dont want to do cardio justifying it in their own mind. All the health issues we see are more from overweight, lack of doing cardio than running an extra 600mg and "abusing " aas. At some point walking the dog became bodybuilding cardio and bp meds became part of the cycle. If this is the mindset I'd say health issues may be in the future.

Over the years I've worked to train more like an athlete, look more like an athlete than train and look like a bodybuilder. High aas, 6k calories, slow concentric training along with walking the dog for cardio imo is a recipe for some health problems. Find a way to get in some real cardio regularly, train explosive every now and then, play some basketball, good for longevity.
This all mother freakn day.
Coming up on 50, I train like an athlete.
Im much leaner. More energy. And just feel better all over. Plus I dont look like a water Buffalo.
I'm now back to my 20s early 30s athletic build. Plus I'm much stronger and have better endurance .

I hate traditional cardio
Always have, hamster on a wheel shit..
I do enjoy doing some boxing training (5-6 rounds with a double end bag will have u sucking wind) or rolling for cardio.
Plus your learning/polishing some very useful skills at the same time. Win win

I hate traditional cardio
Always have, hamster on a wheel shit..
I do enjoy doing some boxing training (5-6 rounds with a double end bag will have u sucking wind) or rolling for cardio.
Plus your learning/polishing some very useful skills at the same time. Win win

I also think that real physical activity helps with injury prevention. This is how the tendons and body should be used. Lifting things in one plane and hamster wheel cardio and doing nothing else doesnt increase athletic capacity. Hiit, crossfit, mma, sports are always good.

I just started doing fasted cardio first thing every morning about 2 weeks ago. Im very interested in what results ill get being consistent for the next 4 weeks. I have never really stuck to a cardio routine or really done much cardio besides warming up on the treadmill on leg days and the 10 minute walks after some meals.
I am already noticing results. I'm thinking about incorporating the stair stepper or elliptical at some point , I tried the stairs stepper the other day and it kicked my ass after 10 minutes on moderate speed.
For the guys that work physically demanding jobs and get very few hours of sleep do you notice more fatigue when adding cardio on top of everything and do you think it is worth it sacrificing time you could be sleeping? Is it just Diminishing returns?

I work a physically demanding job, which is why I honestly don't do cardio anymore and don't see any reason to start again any time soon. Thirty minutes on a treadmill isn't going to make any difference and is a waste of time more than anything, although I do have a habit of walking the equivalent of a couple miles on my lunch breaks. That's not for cardio, I just like taking walks. I'm very active otherwise, as well, so LISS cardio isn't even a consideration unless I'm REALLY trying to cut into body fat. My work days are usually fasted in some form or another, as well. Average 25-30k steps a day, can break into 40k. I'll say this, though, I try to balance my activity. If it's slow at work, I'll increase activity outside of work

Adult time with the wife, walking playing with the kids...,, at the gym I like heavy bad and pad work, sled pushes, stair climber, foot work drills burpees stuff I used to do in football and baseball. Gotta keep it interesting though. I’ve done so much steady state treadmill or neighborhood walks that I’ll probably shoot myself if I ever gotta do it again lol

This ^^^

Doesn't matter when I do it. I only do it to HELP create a calorie deficit. I set a... steps in per day goal and use cardio(walking) to reach my goal. If I have a busy day at work on say midnight shift then I reach my step goal at work then no cardio for that day. If its an easy day at work or I'm off work then I do x amount of cardio/walking to get my goal steps in. After much experimenting I have found that THIS is what works best for me, it helps get me into shape fast.

Of course the step goal gradually increases as the diet go further along and the weight comes off/get leaner
Good plan!
how many steps are you starting at and how much you end with b-boy?

I only do the stair master for cardio. Easy on the knees, which is definitely something I need.

20-30 mins minn. per morning for the anti-depressant effects alone are worth it for me. Generally, bike. Sprints on hills drop fat the best for me but in my area, they are not an option 1/3 of the year.

Good plan!
how many steps are you starting at and how much you end with b-boy?
I will start with a 11,000 step minimum, I will keep this minimum for the entire prep to keep from letting my body reduce my N.E.A.T this is my main objective. My steps will automatically increase as I increase my cardio sessions throughout prep.

I think it comes down to doing your cardio it will put you in a bigger deficit doing it anytime of the day

but I do think Doing Cardio fasted and adding things in like clen yohmbine synthetine gh would have a bigger impact fasted and on results in how much fat was burnt

I do 20 minutes LISS on the assault bike before I lift everyday...I wake up at 2:30 in the morning and I’m on it by 2:40...so, it’s more of a wake up type deal. If I don’t have to go to work that day I might do another 30-60 minutes post workout.

and sometimes when I’ve been diet cheating too much, or just need to look awesome faster...I’ll just superset 40 second all out burst on the assault bike in between sets of whatever I’m working out that day

I have noticed no difference when doing cardio AM/PM or Fasted/Not fasted.

Most of us dont sleep enough. Waking up 1 - 2 hours early to do cardio "fasted" then going to the gym in the evening isnt a good use of time for me and I never noticed a benefit. So I do cardio after I lift when I'm all ready there. Usually LISS. But as I get leaner going into spring I may add intervals 1 day a week. Plus no waking up early to do something I find works better in the evening.

I also do not like lifting until I have eaten a few times.

I do 20 minutes LISS on the assault bike before I lift everyday...I wake up at 2:30 in the morning and I’m on it by 2:40...so, it’s more of a wake up type deal. If I don’t have to go to work that day I might do another 30-60 minutes post workout.

and sometimes when I’ve been diet cheating too much, or just need to look awesome faster...I’ll just superset 40 second all out burst on the assault bike in between sets of whatever I’m working out that day
how do you like the assault bike ? do you also see any difference in your arms or legs ?
i'm thinking of getting one for the garage.
i've been working out in the garage and running outside for about a year now.
went to the gym yesterday to get on the stair climber, felt as if i couldn't breathe.. i'm so used to breathing in cool fresh air.
so i left and ran a few miles out in the rain.

how do you like the assault bike ? do you also see any difference in your arms or legs ?
went to the gym yesterday to get on the stair climber, felt as if i couldn't breathe.. i'm so used to breathing in cool fresh air.
Interested in the assault bike as well.
But from my personal experience, unless you are doing some HIIT intervals, ANY stationary bike works.
The assault bike WAS made for HIIT type stuff. I've tried LISS on them and its uncomfortable (seat wise) and with speed being the only way to increase resistance (the fan), it doesn't seem practical for just "riding" for 40 mins.

Definitely fell it in my arms, shoulders, back doing LISS.

I usually do 2 minutes legs/arms, then just legs, then just arms...and repeat until my time goal is reached...but when I do hit on it a go arms and legs only.

I love it though...probably the only piece of cardio equipment I’d ever buy

LISS, post workout, walking on an incline at a moderate pace , but also trying to progress each week.
And I go for a long period of time .

I hit the heavy bag for 10 mins 3-4x a week and then will do 15 minutes on the cobra bag or double end bag.
It also builds muscle and shreds you up.... go look at how lean and cut the pro boxers are, they have the craziest serratus just from the punching movements.

I prefer 2-3 mile daily brisk walks. Not sure how effective it is for "cardio" but I do feel there is some fat burning benefits.
This is actually very effective. My old job used to require me to walk between 2-4 miles a day carrying about 40lbs of tools. Was in the best shape of my life.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws