over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cardio for heart health

Very good

Kaladryn incognito and ehren can you state your resting heart rates?

High 50s to low 60s depending on how much cardio I have been doing, 64 right now and I just drank a cup of coffee. If I don't do cardio for even a short period, I jump right up into the 70s.

I wish I had time to do cardio everyday. right now I do 30-45 minutes 4-5x at varying intensities. Heart rate goes between 135-180 depending what I feel like doing. For me one of the biggest benefits is anxiety reduction. If I don't do cardio for a few days i start to go bananas, panic attacks hypochondria etc. It just makes me feel calm for the rest of the day.

I know what you guys mean about "body opening up". at the beginning its like your rusty until you hit a point where a mild euphoria kicks in and your energy levels take off. Lungs open up and it seems like your heart works more effeciently

Yeah, I would use resting heart rate as a very good indicator of heart health unless youre on meds that lower it like I am!

In general, a heart has to beat faster if it pushes out less blood with each beat (stroke volume). Its really just simple math:

cardiac output = stroke volume X heart rate.

So if your heart becomes more efficient and powerful being able to push more blood with each contraction then it wont have to beat as fast to keep up the output you need.

One of the first early signs of cardiomyopathy is high resting heart rate.

Yeah, I would use resting heart rate as a very good indicator of heart health unless youre on meds that lower it like I am!

In general, a heart has to beat faster if it pushes out less blood with each beat (stroke volume). Its really just simple math:

So if your heart becomes more efficient and powerful being able to push more blood with each contraction then it wont have to beat as fast to keep up the output you need.

Remember also that the entire vascular system works together to help the heart pump blood. There are smooth muscle cells in your entire vascular system that are assisting the heart pump more efficiently. This is a reason to avoid using ACE inhibitors if possible, and instead control you blood pressure with cardio (if possible). ACE inhibitors relax all those smooth muscle cells in the vascular system, lowering blood pressure but then not allowing the vascular system to assist the heart as much.

High 50s to low 60s depending on how much cardio I have been doing, 64 right now and I just drank a cup of coffee. If I don't do cardio for even a short period, I jump right up into the 70s.

Awesome readings

Remember also that the entire vascular system works together to help the heart pump blood. There are smooth muscle cells in your entire vascular system that are assisting the heart pump more efficiently. This is a reason to avoid using ACE inhibitors if possible, and instead control you blood pressure with cardio (if possible). ACE inhibitors relax all those smooth muscle cells in the vascular system, lowering blood pressure but then not allowing the vascular system to assist the heart as much.

Yes of course always use cardio and a healthy lifestyle ,but sometimes drugs are needed to control high bp. We have too many guys walking around with boarderline or higher bp and not controlling it. The last thing you want to do is make your heart work harder, pump blood against increased peripheral resistance.

currently doing face paced cardio on the stationary bike for 10mins 3x a week

Yes of course always use cardio and a healthy lifestyle ,but sometimes drugs are needed to control high bp. We have too many guys walking around with boarderline or higher bp and not controlling it. The last thing you want to do is make your heart work harder, pump blood against increased peripheral resistance.

Yea every-time I bring it up with a doctor, they do not seem concerned. I have a genetic disposition to high BP. Regardless of weight, on cycle, or off cycle my BP is boderline 130s / 80 usually. I am not sure whether to switch docs or self medicate.

Stair-master 5x a week 20-25min Intervals.

CoQ-10 Ubiquenone 100-200mg daily.

I typically train volume every once in awhile so that's also like a cardio lol

Very good

Kaladryn incognito and ehren can you state your resting heart rates?

Sorry for the delayed reply. I just checked my resting heart rate (sitting at my desk at work) and it was 63 beats per minute. No caffeine for past 7hours at least

Any suggestions for a good type of cardio that literately won't leave my legs so pumped i cant even move. I am recently recovering from a partial hamstring tear, so alot of cardio really irritates it(much more so than actually lifting) I have been doing the rotary bike the one that you almost recline in as its the easiest on my leg, but by about 15 mins in my legs are pumped to the point it feels like i'm doing my last set of squats. I suppose this could be because i am doing HiiT cardio to really keep my heart rate up... any suggestions.

On a side note i have never done cardio my entire life(always despised it) but after years of ADHD medication and sadly some narcotic abuse(thing of the past) My resting heart rate is very high mid to high 70's and i'm only 23 so i figure i better nip this problem in the butt right now if i want to see my 60's

what would a high resting heart rate be, above 70? mine is usually in the 50's

what would a high resting heart rate be, above 70? mine is usually in the 50's

I wouldn't be concerned unless it became much higher than what it normally is, like 20 beats more over. I would also be concerned if it were around 100 bpm ore more lying down, that is a bad sign especially if its like that when youre lying in bed during the morning after waking up.

For about $100 you can get an anaerobic threshold test or for many people the 220-age = Max Heart Rate works. It's very close for me. Close enough for my needs.

For heart health IMHO getting your HR in the 65-80% Max HR range for 20 minutes 3 times a week would be a minimum.

You can split hairs and over analyze this to death if you wish, but this is close enough for hand grenades. Or go get an AT Test. And drink enough water.

Yes I agree, cardio is very important. I get this good feeling after a cardio session too, more than a strength training session.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws