YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cardio in morning on empty stomach or not?

Ashop

FOUNDING Member / Verified Sponsor
Registered
Sponsors
Hello

There are different opinions on this. Cardio on a empty stomach in the morning or not? on a cutting cycle..

Some says that when you wake up the body is in a catabolic state already and must to drink a protein shake with low carbs before cardio and some say definit. on empty stomach.

Could we come to a conclusion ?

For me

Have done it both way, and frankly getting just as good results by doing it at end of my workout, when I am depleted of carbs anyhow. I get up, eat 8oz beef 40g of carbs (oatmeal) train, then do my cardio. Been working well. I do believe good to load up on Glutamine and BCAA before workout and before you start cardio.

i read that flex wheeler performed his AM cardio before his first meal

From my experience, it's really hard to say. I'm usually watching my diet very closly and tend to be losing BF anyways so can't really say if it's more effective or not - but I've done it first thing in AM. I'd also like to hear more on this.

xcel

just my thoughts

I believe that everybodys body is different and will respond differently to training methods. Take this into considerstion Some people may even respond differently physocologicly. Maybe morning cardio would put them in deplete mindset some may respond to it with uncontrolable hunger and screw up the diet. I think for the most part the only person that knows anything about ones body is that person. Past learning the basics it is all up to the individual. Mr.clean101

Alin I have an article that might be very interesting for you. Ill have to look it up for ya and post it soon. Its about that the metabolism turns to burning fat while sleeping and thats why you should do cardio before the breakfast.

Ill post it when I found it.

it's a problem for me aswell

when i wake up in the morning i have no drive to do anything until i get some sort of energy. i have tried to do cardio on an empty stomach and all i am successful in doing is making myself sick and sometimes incredibly fatigued. like i wanna go back to bed. i guess what i am saying is that it depends on the person and their mental strength in the morning.

I find morning cardio before food works best , have thermos etc do cardio burn fat all before you realise you awake :)

intensity and duration are the most important factors in regards to fat loss (i'm regurjatating this from my ex. phys. book)... 40-50% of max HR for an hour and half to 2 hours is the optimal fat burner work out...

it makes sense because as your HR increases toward Max HR, your body starts to use a greater amount of carbs for energy and starts to use less fat....

however, since your are burning more total calories at higher intensities, you will still be burning a greater amount of fat (even thought the % of fat vs carbs is lower)....

get it?? like 80% of 100 is less than 40% of 300.... that kind of thing...

fat is the prefered energy source throughout the day and during low intensity exercise....

so it would come down to does utilizing more carbs eat up muscle???

for me.. i loose too much size doing cardio before a meal.... but i'm an ectomorph... i lose fat less quickly but retain more mass if i have a shake first, then do cardio...

just my personal oberservations....

Cardio first thing in the morning with an empty stomach works best for me.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws