over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

cardio morning or after workout

mexikaz

Registered
i started at 5ft 8in 275lbs now im at 253lbs.i havent done any cardio at all.i cut out bread pasta and tortillas for the most part.my diet is basically steak chicken brown rice and fruits and veggies.if i do cheat its on tuesdays and i eat hot wings.now im stuck at 253 lbs and want to add cardio,i have listened to some say morning sessions are superior and after training is better.what should i start doing i just want get to single digit bodyfat maybe 8-9%.im going to start my pro wrestling journey and want to look great not comp ready by the way. any help would be great

My advice is first thing in the AM on an empty stomach. That works best for me. I drink a cup of black coffee, a bottle of water and I am ready to rock and roll. You can add an eca mix in there too if you want.

i started at 5ft 8in 275lbs now im at 253lbs.i havent done any cardio at all.i cut out bread pasta and tortillas for the most part.my diet is basically steak chicken brown rice and fruits and veggies.if i do cheat its on tuesdays and i eat hot wings.now im stuck at 253 lbs and want to add cardio,i have listened to some say morning sessions are superior and after training is better.what should i start doing i just want get to single digit bodyfat maybe 8-9%.im going to start my pro wrestling journey and want to look great not comp ready by the way. any help would be great

try cardio 1st thing AM on empty stomach on days NON weight training.

Anyone who checks their blood sugar in the morning knows that it is elevated. What wakes us up in the morning is "Dawn syndrome", which is when the liver creates sugar to provide more energy to help us want to get up and move around. A diabetic is a good person to talk to about this. I can see how on a very small scale it might help, buy it has very minimal effect. Any time of the day is pretty much going to do the same thing. There are many other things to consider than getting up early to burn fat. We really cant micro manage this. You would have to basically not eat many carbs after this morning workout because the body will in turn just store more carbs than normal after the exercise. Calories in and calories out, stick to that. Always lift heavy weights first, then if you can stand it, do some cardio. This is what you do if you want to be huge and lean. If you just want to be lean, do cardio early in the morning.

This was from a while back...
http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6225&highlight=lean

i say to do cardio in the manner that best suits u, sounds a little obvious but if u are someone who hates the idea of cardio after a lift as I do unless its only for 20 min or so then do it then, the idea of anything over that after a hard workout is enough to make me do none at all

plus i have also found that morning cardio for me just makes me feel good the rest of the day, and 45 min to an hour in the morning is easier for me mentally then doin it after a hard lift

I like it better post session. I feel like I can get the most out of it because of my already elevated heart rate from the intense weight session then just fly into 20 mins or so of cardio. Its doing wonders for me. (along with a tight diet of course.)

I train 5 days a week in the a.m. My cardio is 4 days a week and I go back in the afternoons 5-6 hours after lifting and once in the a.m. empty stomach on weekends. In the a.m. i would take 5g glutamine before and after too. I tend to do higher intensity cardio though....150-170 hbm for 20-30 min.

I have done all a.m. empty stomach for lower intensity (130-135) for 45 minutes and that worked too.

If you do it after lifting, I would make sure you don't lift longer than 40 minutes....then you might be okay adding 20 minutes of cardio but imo you need your glycogen brought back up asap after lifting and it seems better to me to not risk losing muscle.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws