over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cardio or HIIT for fat loss

Comegetsome

Registered
Just curious if anyone has opted to go the hiit route instead of cardio to lose the winter weight. I started about 3 weeks ago and I'm down 3 lbs of what I assume is fat and water. The idea is supposed to build endurance and prep your muscle for serious growth. Also, saves time if you can't get in for a cardio session. Just curious if anyone has any thoughts or an opinion.

Man, you'll get a lot of opinions on this one. Mine, from experience, is a few things;

Any cardio works, but how well depends on where you're starting. Meaning, if you're sedentary, even walking works. If you already walk a lot, an hour of walking won't really do anything.

HIIT works for a while, but eventually, more cals have to be removed from somewhere to keep losing fat. Either "removed" by increasing gear dose to burn more cals, longer or more frequent HIIT (or whatever type) sessions, or less food.

Running is still the best, IMO. Not for my knees, but for burning fat. Or a stepper without holding on to anything. Balancing your body during cardio seems way better for slimming a waistline than leaning over on stationary bike handles. But both burn cals.

HIIT has some great advantages. However, keep in mind it will effect recovery much more than steady state.

I can't stand LISS 60min.!!!! However now Sleds/Prowler 12-13x sprints is killer!!

I've been doing HIIT again lately because it's better for fat loss and more muscle sparing. You also spend much less time doing it. I like using the stair mill or a stationary bike for it.

I prefer LISS; although it's boring; I recover quicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A combination of both is highly effective depending on how you training is structured. LISS and HIIT are both going to yield results, the advantage of HIIT is the EPOC effect in that it will burn kcals for approx. 24 hours after exercise depending on the intensity and duration.

For some, HIIT before leg training (like the evening before training legs or the morning before training legs at night) can compromise the productivity of the actual workout, so LISS would be preferable at those times.

Find out when works best with you training program that will not compromise you workouts and hinder recovery.

I don't see very many big guys or high level guys doing HIIT.

hiit is fun to do occasionally to break things up but I don't do it on a regular basis since it messes with my recovery

I prefer fasted steadystate in the morning, seems easier to do on an empty stomach than HIIT...

Then HIIT at night... I dont have as much time at night so I feel like I can get more for less doing HITT and I like the idea that I'm burning calories well into my nights sleep

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVXLEUDpFtc]Ben Pakulski - EXTREME Fat Loss Workout With Wingate Sprints - YouTube[/ame]

how many times does he do that ? just once ?

According to someone else who spoke with Ben, including his warm-ups, no cardio session lasts longer than a half hour and he repeats the wingate tests multiple times per session according to his goals.

HIT works better for fat loss especially in the beginning of your contest prep.

As u get closer (3-4 weeks out), I do slow pace cardio because of the lack energy and it takes a toll on my recover.

HIT works better for fat loss especially in the beginning of your contest prep.

As u get closer (3-4 weeks out), I do slow pace cardio because of the lack energy and it takes a toll on my recover.

I think any kind of cardio works to burn fat... the question is how taxing is certain kind of cardio on your lean muscle.

HIIT works and it works fast, is not as taxing as running for 45 min, but still taxing on your muscle and recovery capabilities. I think... I get better results with long slow steady cardio and I recovery better from my weight sessions as well for some reason

I like HIIT outdoor, no machines to get best results IMO

I do steady cardio first thing in the a.m. on an empty stomach and another session right before bed and switch from outdoor walks to indoor equipment like bike to trendm to elliptic depending on how I feel. I have cardio equipment in my building so that makes my life a lot easier when I need 2 sessions a day

My current workout doesn't include any cardio, its as follows....
Monday heavy chest day with a light bi and finish with abs. Tues. Light legs. 2 sets squats 105lbs 15 reps, 10×10 @ 135 lbs, then light leg press 4-5 sets 15rep led extensions same,leg curls same,calf's same. Wednesday heavy back. Start with 3×10-12 unassisted pull ups, then 7×10 assisted sets, bent over babrbell rows,dead lift,low row, finished with reverse grip pull ups 3×failer 1-2 tri exersices pretty light. Abs. Thurs, light chest 10×10 flat bench @ 135-140lbs then incline dumbbell 4×12 then a few cable flies. Fri shoulders heavy and arms heavy, abs.. Sat heavy legs. Every week we alternate what chest exersise to do 10×10 or heavy usually either flat or incline. Always squat 10×10 . Its a lot of fun, and tough. Your thoughts?

Well this isn't very surprising. At their weight (and the anabolics), they have very little stamina/endurance. Basically any cardio they do is HIIT (lol). Also, who the hell enjoys doing HIIT? If they can get into condition without it, then why bother?

Well this isn't very surprising. At their weight (and the anabolics), they have very little stamina/endurance. Basically any cardio they do is HIIT (lol). Also, who the hell enjoys doing HIIT? If they can get into condition without it, then why bother?
Absolutely, I stick to steady state as it gets the job done for me and I can chat and laugh with my mates while doing it. Ironicy by the time im lean enough that hiit might be needed im too fucked to walk upstairs for a piss never mind do hiit lol.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

I like HIIT due to long distance boredom. I feel more motivated when doing HIIT and the results are in my opinion superior.

I like HIIT due to long distance boredom. I feel more motivated when doing HIIT and the results are in my opinion superior.

Same here. Even half assed hiit is effective IMO. When I say half assed, I mean only like 3-4 times of going all out, with the rest moderate pace. Those 3-4 times get the heart rate up, which is the whole point.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member