over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cardio question

topfuel

Registered
Which is better? One 30 minute cardio workout per day or two cardio workouts a day? Someone told me I would be better off doing one cardio workout that lasts 60 minutes a day. I want to get lean and stay there. What would you suggest?

Attachments

• man_thinking_fisheye_medium[1].jpg
    man_thinking_fisheye_medium[1].jpg
    98 KB · Views: 954
In my opinion short duration high intensity interval cardio works the best.

Shouldn't really matter. I'd be more concerned with diet and just hitting your totals on cardio whenever convenient. I like 30 minutes post workout 4x per week. I only do this half way through a cut to fast track it a bit as I hate dieting. If your patient cardio not needed really

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

HIIT cardio only for me. That 60 minute marathon BS is to hard on the body, breaks down muscle and causes the release of many stress hormones, just counterproductive to building muscle

That 60 minute marathon BS is to hard on the body, breaks down muscle and causes the release of many stress hormones, just counterproductive to building muscle
And is very boring :D

So that 30min on the stairmaster post workout at 110 tempo is counter productive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So that 30min on the stairmaster post workout at 110 tempo is counter productive?

I dont understand why you are asking this? Where did anyone say 30 min on the stairmaster was counter productive?

I like to do 30 mins interval post workout, and when I first start leaning and still taking in a descent amount of calories, an additional 30-60 mins right away in the morning to jump start my cut. But once in start cutting calories and carbs more once a day post workout is enough if my nutrition is on

Just switched from steady cardio to 2 interval sessions a day. Will see after a couple of days the difference, legs are in pain though so im not quite sure, i wouldn't mind doing this once a day as i feel its pretty good, but doing it after training is daunting lol

Guys here talk hiit and hit.. But when is it hit cardio for you ? Is you puls in a specik range or how do you read it ??

My hit is 7 min with in that is 4 rund at 20 sek full blast on a spinning bike at a high recestens

3 days into HIT cardio, i am doing it twice a day 20 minute intervals of elliptical trainer followed by 10 minutes on the stairmaster at a decent rate.

Heres what i found, after the first day. FUCKED, everything was aching like shit man i did not like it. 2nd day even worse from previous days pains lol. Today was the best day as pain is a bit less, i would like it as a singular session, but as a double session it pretty demanding

In terms of what isit for me? 40-45 seconds at a level 4-5 decent pace. 15-20 seconds at level 17 as hard as i can, literally breaking the machine (i'd advise make sure there are minimal personal trainers around from the Gym when doing this :D) Repeat for the 20 minutes, then stairmaster.

3 days into HIT cardio, i am doing it twice a day 20 minute intervals of elliptical trainer followed by 10 minutes on the stairmaster at a decent rate.

Heres what i found, after the first day. FUCKED, everything was aching like shit man i did not like it. 2nd day even worse from previous days pains lol. Today was the best day as pain is a bit less, i would like it as a singular session, but as a double session it pretty demanding

In terms of what isit for me? 40-45 seconds at a level 4-5 decent pace. 15-20 seconds at level 17 as hard as i can, literally breaking the machine (i'd advise make sure there are minimal personal trainers around from the Gym when doing this :D) Repeat for the 20 minutes, then stairmaster.

What do you do on the stairmaster? Manual/fat loss? What level?

What do you do on the stairmaster? Manual/fat loss? What level?

Manual at level 10. Trim off over 100cals in 10 mins, calfs and hamstrings feel jacked after lol

I am with the HIIT crew, but if you don't do that, you need to look at the total time your heart rate is elevated if you break of LISS sessions. So if it takes you 5 - 7 minutes to get your HR into the zone (for most, generally around 130-140BPM), then you'll likely have to do that twice if you break up LISS sessions.

Both forms of cardio are fine, it is matter of preference and also how you train and your diet. You'll get the best result when all pieces of the puzzle fit together.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws