over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cardio Question

dancinfool

Registered
Hey all, I have recently started hitting cardio every morning on an empty stomach. I need to drop my BF% in a big way. I am doing a form of interval training on the treadmill mixing up brisk walking, running, sprinting, and varying degrees of incline. The problem is, after the first 10 minutes or so, I get the most RIDICULOUS pump in my calves to the point where I basically can't feel my feet. I've tried stretching before the run, after the run and some other stuff but nothing is working. Any ideas? I may need to switch the method of cardio, but it doesn't make sense to me that i can't run without my calves blowing up on me like this. Any help is greatly appreciated!

try the bike

or elipticle

try the bike

or elipticle

Yeah, I used the bike when I had those issues. It doesnt have to be every time, just go by what happens that day. I also think that if you dont use as high an incline on the treadmill that you may be able to tolerate it. What angle do you usually use? Try bringing it down a couple of degrees each interval and have some intervals where its flat to give the calves a rest. I used to have your problem too where they would get so pumped up that the pain was almost unberable.

You on anything? When I'm on certain doses of Clen, cardio just isn't going to happen. Calves get pumped up in 5 mins and make it really uncomfortable.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I tried the eliptical this morning...I've used it before but never really enjoyed it. However, my calves felt great on it and I was able to stay within my target HR. I guess I'll suck it up and get it done that way. THanks again!

The elliptical is a great machine. When you crank up that resistance to max you can make your heart fly! Perfect machine for interval cardio training.

When I am doing cardio for longer durations to lose fat, I like to spend 10 minutes on each machine. It makes the time fly and you don't get overuse injuries this way.

Get on the treadmill till you get that pump, then switch it up. That might help your calves adapt to this new workload and over time you may be able to go longer and longer.

I get "Anterior Compartment Syndrome" This happens when the big muscle on the outside of the shin is called the tibialis anterior and is surrounded by a sheath (the fascia). That muscle becomes too big for the sheath that surrounds it causing pain.

There is a ton of fascia in the calves and they get adhesions (scar tissue or calcium deposits) due to overuse or old injuries. You can work out a lot of these with a massage stick, self massage or a foam roller and you won't get quite the pain in the future.

I get "Anterior Compartment Syndrome" This happens when the big muscle on the outside of the shin is called the tibialis anterior and is surrounded by a sheath (the fascia). That muscle becomes too big for the sheath that surrounds it causing pain.

Guess my muscle is to big for the sheath! :p

seriously though, thanks for the tip AD

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear