advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cardio timing and training split for fatloss?

Braven

Registered
Hey guys I’ve decided I want to drop some fat and get into single digits so when I bulk I will be able to stay lean and healthy and also 'cos my wife is getting a bit self conscious and a bit down about her weight. So thought if we both are aiming for the same thing we can help each other along and stay motivated.

Now I was thinking about weight training 3 day's per week with the split outlined in BigA's beginner thread and a 30- 60 min walk each morning. But I was just wondering on people's thoughts to cardio after weight training. I believe I read somewhere that your body would be primed for fat loss afterwards but just want to make sure that it won’t be catabolic and cause muscle loss.

Not a fan of cardio so want to make sure if im doing it im getting the most in return.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

I have never been much of a fan for cardio after workout. I do a pwo shake and carbs right after I work out and don't like the way it feels doing cardio after that. I like cardio in the morning and workout in the afternoon.

when i started at 250# and prolly 25% I would do a 2x a day split

noon - one major bodypart
after work - one minor followed by 30 min cardio

I also changed my diet (diet as in the noun) following principals that I learned from this board.. namely cut out all shit carbs for 6 days with ONE cheat meal (i was motivated and would limit my cheat meal to ... say.. actually having a wheat bun on a single hamburger)

I forced myself to eat breakfast for the first time in 5 years. moderate carbs and a shit ton of protein ...

now the mistake I made was cutting my calories down too low .. knowing what I do now.. I would eat more carbs (oatmeal with protein powder and NatPeanutbutter) for bfast then little or no carbs for the rest of my 5-6 meals

zero carbs after 6pm

I respond well to keto based diets tho.. so YMMV

I dropped from 250 down to 195 in about 12 weeks 5'9"

as to your question about cardio in the afternoon... honestly.. I wouldn't worry about it... ANY cardio is better than none

but im not exactly an expert so..

Ok what's been working for me recently is pre breakfast, 15 rowing or spinning bike High intesity (after 5 min warm up and stretch) then 45 mins walking on the treadmill watchin moring tv around 125bpm. Then eat just raises my metabolism I think to burn the day through. Workout at night or evening

cardio

these guys are right in my opinion. I'm also doing the same thing you're doing except I'm doing two a day's plus morning cardio. I eat like a cannibal rabbit. Salad and bland meat with lemon. 3 real meals a day. About ten 40gram protein shakes in between. I do my cardio pre-breakfast on machine of choice with only a liter of water and a 20-40gram non-fat non-carb protein shake for fuel. The protein and your stored fats combine to fuel your workout. When your done, eat low glycemic carbs. No bread and b.s. Ensure you're force feeding yourself protein all day to keep the metabolism high. Protein before workouts. Real food after. As to not become catabolic. I've always done well on this diet. Just my $.02. Good luck.

I've been doing cardo in the evenings after my workout. When I'm sticking to my diet and doing cardo in the evening, I've manage to get the fat off. However, I see much better results quicker when I do cardo first thing in the morning. I'm just not a morning person, so I can't seem to get up early enough to do it.

Be sure and keep your diet clean... it's the other key to losing weight.

cardio post work-out

always do a 6-10 elliptical warm-up before weights.
always do cardio after work-out.
been doing HIT cardio recently for 20 minutes alternately every 30seconds from low intensity to maximum HR for another 30seconds. this has really been burning the fat while maintaining muscle. diet is also key of course. eat every 3 hours protein, complex carb and good fat. lots of protein. 2grams to every lb of bodyweight seems to be about right. lots of protein. chase protein like a crack addict chases rock.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131