over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cardio Timing

The_Boss

Registered
Hello there, I'm long time reader of this forum great info on his site and just want to say thank you everybody for sharing.
My question is why everybody is saying cardio in the morning empty stomach (I do the same thing too) but every dvd that I watch of all the pros: Cutler, Ronnie, Dexter, Branch...they are all doing training around noon time and cardio 2-3 hours after workout. What is the right thing to do?:confused:

The right thing to do is do some cardio on an empty stomach. You cannot go on or compare what the likes of Ronnie, Jay or any of the other top five pros do. It just does not compare on the scale of things, second how do you know that they really don't? We can only go by what is on those DVD's. Guess what? those DVD's are designed to sell DVD's ands make money!

The right thing is cardio on an empty stomach because so much of the energy you expend will normally come from fat and some muscle glycogen.

I totally agree with oldfella.. Cardio on an empty stomach is the best for fat loss.. I can say that from personal experience.. Throw in a nice cocktail of fat burners before you head out and your metabolism will be a fat burning furnace..

My understanding of this is pretty basic, but it is my understanding that by doing cardio on an empty stomach first thing in the morning after fasting over ight while you slept, you'll be burning more bodyfat ifor energy instead of recently ingested carbs, fats or protiens. By doing it first thing in the morning, you get extra bang for the buck. And like bugguns078 mentioned, add a good ECA stack prior to beginning and you really add to the burn.

Thanks for the replies guys but does morning cardio effects lifting power in the gym later on? I skip cardio on leg days but otherwise I do it every day of the week and I'm just wondering what everybody else are doing :)

It an individual thing.. I have trouble putting on and keeping mass on my legs.. So i try not to do alot of cardio prior to or on wieght training leg day.. But when ur cutting calories, you gotta do your cardio... But what i have found out and done recently is swimming... If your gym has a pool, swim for your cardio session on leg day/day prior or both.. Trust me... Its not easy and you will shock ur metabolism and most of the stress will go on your lats and shoulders.. After two or three laps you will be sucking wind.. Great way to mix up your cardio...

Thanks for the replies guys but does morning cardio effects lifting power in the gym later on? I skip cardio on leg days but otherwise I do it every day of the week and I'm just wondering what everybody else are doing :)

fat burners before cardio?

ok so i totally get the logic of cardio on an empty stomach... now... someone said take a nice cocktail of fat burners first... can someone suggest some? im pretty new to all the details and i wouldn't know what to get if i fell over it...

You can go with the ECA stack. Ephedra, Caffeine, Aspirin before your cardio session to get the most of your session although there is some argument to using aspirin if you are trying to keep your muscle size. The aspirin will block the clotting process which research shows can have a negative effect on building muscle.......Or you can go with any number of products that you can find at your local vitamin store, ex. Hydroxycut, Xenadrine, CLA, etc....

1st : first thing in the morning.
2nd : PWO before your nutrition.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear