Not open for further replies.

mytreefiddy

IFBB PRO / Featured Member / Verified Customer
IFBB PROS
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Hey fellas...During this whole Covid time i've been able to do cardio at work maskless.... was by myself with nobody around ..... now i have to make a switch and do it in the mornings at the gym where reallygainst doing cardio with a mask on but i kinda don't have a choice if i want to do cardio...... i use a cloth face shield when i train but to do cardio i want to use something different... anyone use a specific mask that they're comfy with??? I actually have had Covid already (had no clue i even had it) and have been confirmed negative.... just don't want to use that paper shit and i'll labor breathing in that face shield

i used whatever mask i wore to weight train to do cardio. usually was cloth that I made from old t shirts. sometimes when it was hot this summer, it was rough. as it got cooler. it wasnt as bad

Hey fellas...During this whole Covid time i've been able to do cardio at work maskless.... was by myself with nobody around ..... now i have to make a switch and do it in the mornings at the gym where reallygainst doing cardio with a mask on but i kinda don't have a choice if i want to do cardio...... i use a cloth face shield when i train but to do cardio i want to use something different... anyone use a specific mask that they're comfy with??? I actually have had Covid already (had no clue i even had it) and have been confirmed negative.... just don't want to use that paper shit and i'll labor breathing in that face shield

Can you use walking as a form cardio, walking outside the gym? You my be able to get
away without a mask if you walk in a a safe, isolated area. That is what I do (in a regional
park) but I still encounter the 'maskless' but distancing and just wearing a mask when
near others is my solution.

As a side note, My gym still allows cardio maskless but has moved it outside under countless
shelters with social distancing. I do 1/2 of cardio before working out to wake these old
bones up but failing that it is walking in many of the parks I have where I live. I am lucky
to be somewhat rural area.

I only walk for cardio, so no problem wearing a mask for me as I only do LISS cardio and breath easily.

I got this one from Amazon, it is basically a mouth and nose shield and sits far enough from my face that it doesn't impair breathing.

Plz be a troll

OP pending on your state a cloth bandana would be most comfortable and convient. Don't let them bully you like a full face shield or PPE is going to do much more than a facial cover.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda sad how you guys made this about your personal virtue signaling, even threw insults at the guy, but he wasn’t asking anything close to being something contentious.

You guys need to get over yourselves, it’s pathetic.

STICK TO THE TOPIC! IF YOU DON'T HAVE AN ANSWER FOR HIM STAY THE FUCK OUT OF THE THREAD!! I'M TIRED OF BABYSITTING ALL THIS COVID RELATED BULLSHIT!

I wore just the normal ones you see all over, generic blue, and it was not horrible, but I also do steady state. Recovery after work sets was worse than cardio in my opinion as I was more out of breath. In my state we don’t have to wear while working out I just wanted to try it. My guess is it is like most small inconveniences, the more you do it, the less annoying it becomes. Easy for me to say though right?

I have one I wear for work that’s a very thin almost spandex type material , it probably completely pointless as far as protecting anything but they make us wear it on site 24-7 , the cheap paper medical style do make it harder to breathe when exerting yourself.
If they are not nazis about it just pull it down a little when doing cardio, as long as you are not close to anyone it shouldn’t be an issue.
My gym actually prefers us NOT to wear a mask when doing cardio to weight training because it reduces oxygen

Less is more. I'm forced to wear a mask at one gym so I wear a loose neck gaiter, always have the nose out so you can breathe somewhat. Never wear an actual mask too uncomfortable.

I used to see people using oxygen deprivation masks all the time on cardio equipment, it will mildly stimulate RBC production, but only to a very limited degree, wearing a mask should be similar. I find that standard medical masks breathe pretty easily and you will need to replace them as they get clogged up over time. I would have to scale back my intense cardio a bit if I was required to wear a mask, I do wear one while lifting though and it's no problem at all, except maybe after my hardest squat set, then I have to remove it for a minute.

Cloth masks can give others a margin of protection but medical masks are better for providing yourself a level of protection. This stuff has been pretty extensively studied, not just 'experts' but actual studies using machines that are special made to detect droplets and aerosols.

Last edited:
Kinda sad how you guys made this about your personal virtue signaling, even threw insults at the guy, but he wasn’t asking anything close to being something contentious.

You guys need to get over yourselves, it’s pathetic.

Francis did I miss something..... insults?? where??? Just curious as to what fellas are using
My cardio IS walking on a treadmill... i just like a steep incline... i prefer walking outside but on asphalt i get hella shin splints... gonna try first with my current mask/cloth thing...

My gym actually prefers us NOT to wear a mask when doing cardio to weight training because it reduces oxygen
See THIS is my thought as well.... not only that but breathing back in what we exhale CAN'T be good...

They make SPECIFIC masks for training. Elite athletes used them for quite some time to improve cardiovascular conditioning. At the gym I go to in Romania it is not required and that is fine with me. I do see 1 or 2 people wearing them from time to time though.

Francis did I miss something..... insults?? where??? Just curious as to what fellas are using
My cardio IS walking on a treadmill... i just like a steep incline... i prefer walking outside but on asphalt i get hella shin splints... gonna try first with my current mask/cloth thing...

See THIS is my thought as well.... not only that but breathing back in what we exhale CAN'T be good...
Another member responded to your post in a negative manner. I think Francis was referring to that. Looks like the post was deleted, so you can't see it now.

So Francis wasn't speaking out against you but rather in your favor.

Another member responded to your post in a negative manner. I think Francis was referring to that. Looks like the post was deleted, so you can't see it now.

So Francis wasn't speaking out against you but rather in your favor.

Oh i figured Francis was.... just wanted to know what was said...... and why.... didn't see any reason for a negative response..

I only walk for cardio, so no problem wearing a mask for me as I only do LISS cardio and breath easily.

I love walkind, its the best cardio to me, but a few weeks ago a 60-year-old bodybuilder, former mister universe, told me that he recommended doing more abd sessions as cardio as you get old for not to reduce the size of the legs while dieting, what do you think about this?

I love walkind, its the best cardio to me, but a few weeks ago a 60-year-old bodybuilder, former mister universe, told me that he recommended doing more abd sessions as cardio as you get old for not to reduce the size of the legs while dieting, what do you think about this?
I train hard to not let the size of my legs reduce, not cardio. If I was 60 years old I would train legs in a higher rep range and more often. HUMANS WERE DESIGNED TO WALK.

i actually saw someone wearing a special training mask....
i was a little thrown back like it was halloween or something cus another day the same guy was using cloth and no mask. but....
lol
it was like a combination of like evil supervillan and really weird bondage sex shit!
it was giant and black and had like two rino hors and a double head stap! lol
dude was fat and bald and doing these like disco cable raises, at first i really thought he had a ball gag in and was like wtf am i seeing...
then i put the whole situation togehter...lol
either way it looked pretty ridiculous.
not sure you wana go there.

I can’t do it with a mask on. I also have been doing low slow durations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear