over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cardio

bapperfan

Registered
Hey guys,

I was thinking about incorporating some cardio into my weights regiem (lifting 3x/wk, cardio on the other 3 days, rest on Sunday). Not looking to cut or anything, just to optimise CV fitness to help recovery after lifting and to keep bodyfat to a reasonable level.

I know that cardio before breakfast is good for cutting, but would you guys do it then in the off season aswell?

So, basically, question is:

1) do you do cardio off season?, and
2) when do you do it?

Thanks guys, and once again - love this forum ;)

Yes I do cardio in off-season and I do mine in the morning before breakfast and evening as well. I like to stay lean all year round. Cardio is good for the health. It depends on individuals and goals.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply BigChef - I know the info out there pretty much suggests what you have said, but just wanted some first hand feedback too. Cheers buddy!!!!!

Imo everyone should always do cardio...why work your biceps, triceps, chest, etc...but not work the muscle that keeps you alive ;p

I do 40 minutes very moderate pace post workout 4x a week

I do cardio every day. Always fasting too. 45 minutes. Dieting/training down to become smaller but leaner person for the long haul. I'm 46.
Went from 6'1" 307 pounds....now at 228 and starting to actually look decent. It's taken me a solid 8 months to accomplish so far. Shooting for 10% BF...now around 18% .

My knees are fucked up right now so i cant cardio really just slow walking, but when I did and when I can again it will be morning time fasted and yea in the offseason as well.

Just fit in cardio into your schedule. I do mine after weight training. I am really liking the Pre-cor elliptical machine....easy on joints. You want to keep the heart strong.

gentle incline walking, like 2.0-2.5 mph @10% incline is great for recovery. The incline makes you take a longer stride, stretch a bit, and is easier on the joints,

keep a slow pace for off-season so it aids in recovery by flushing blood without being taxing enough to act as another stressor

I do 20 min of cardio 4 days per week, post workout, not too intense but just enough to keep my heartrate around 130 to minimize muscle burning.

I do cardio all year. I like low intensity fasted cardio in the mornings, and 20-30 mins HIIT in the evenings. The only thing I change is how many days a week Im doing it, ranges from 2-5x a week depending on goals.

I do cardio all year. I like low intensity fasted cardio in the mornings, and 20-30 mins HIIT in the evenings. The only thing I change is how many days a week Im doing it, ranges from 2-5x a week depending on goals.

I do cardio year round usually in the morning or after workout I think HIIT is great when trying to cut

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws