over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

CAREER IN THE GYM

I have a question. I have an interview with Ballys for a Personal Trainer position. What is the company like.
I read Ideal candidates are required to meet monthly personal training sales quotas. What does this mean and what happens if you don't meet it?
what is the salary like?
what is the career advancement like for Ballys?

Thanks for the advice Vitor and Wedge.
vitor, Im sending you a PM check it out please.

Bally's

anabolicdragon said:
I have a question. I have an interview with Ballys for a Personal Trainer position. What is the company like.
I read Ideal candidates are required to meet monthly personal training sales quotas. What does this mean and what happens if you don't meet it?
what is the salary like?
what is the career advancement like for Ballys?

The co. is VERY "corporate." You will be placed in a hierarchy of pers. trainers that will determine your salary based on experience, certifications, educ., etc. Your pay will depend upon the package that the member has paid for. The money can be good, but from what I have seen, the co. does not really give a shit about employees.

If you don't make you sales quota, you can be fired.

Salary is OK - like $15-30.00 / hr, depending upon what level trainer you are. This of couse, is much less that what yo can demand as a private contractor...

Career advancement is actually not bad. From what I've seen there is fast turnover, so if you stay in the game, you can fill empty positions and move up quickly.

Ballys, IMHO is all about that dark side of the fitness industry (no intention to actually try to improve health or help people, unless it is a matter of them dishing out more $), BUT it is a good place to get some experience, get you feet wet, develop a client base and rep., etc...

-Randy

Re: Bally's

homonunculus said:

The co. is VERY "corporate." You will be placed in a hierarchy of pers. trainers that will determine your salary based on experience, certifications, educ., etc. Your pay will depend upon the package that the member has paid for. The money can be good, but from what I have seen, the co. does not really give a shit about employees.

If you don't make you sales quota, you can be fired.

Salary is OK - like $15-30.00 / hr, depending upon what level trainer you are. This of couse, is much less that what yo can demand as a private contractor...

Career advancement is actually not bad. From what I've seen there is fast turnover, so if you stay in the game, you can fill empty positions and move up quickly.

Ballys, IMHO is all about that dark side of the fitness industry (no intention to actually try to improve health or help people, unless it is a matter of them dishing out more $), BUT it is a good place to get some experience, get you feet wet, develop a client base and rep., etc...

-Randy

Thanks ALOT. I was looking to start at like a Ballys or NTSC. I want to be somewhere were I could advance if I wanted to stay that long. I have a family so that is important to get something steady and stable. Pay right now is secondary.
In the long run I'd like to start my own personal training biz, even like some of the guys do here online or I would LOVE to work as a strength coach or trainer for the NY Giants. Or even work or own one of those performance courses that guys go to to get stronger and faster in the offseason like a speed camp or something. That is long term after I have many certs and experience.

Hmm

Ballys can be a good start for you but in the end they will always take too much of your money for working with a client. THe biggest problem I have with personal training is, they can revoke, or suspend your license for precise nutrition diet info. NSPA a maryland licenseing company they are all over the us, but they took my boys license for getting someone on a low carb plan. One trainer overheard it, got jealous called the board and bam, he was out. He is now with ISSA as his cert but jeez us christ, I can work someone to death but if they eat mc D's all the time it aint gonna work.

My advice find an upscale club with wealthy older men and women who would be happy with losing 5lbs in a month and would love you for life, They will pay you more and wont complain like some cheap ass young buck,.

best of Luck guys

Another tip about pictures, take pics of the client every week, so they can actully see the progess and it looks good for you to have a portfolio, track all the info, so you can present it to the client and future clients, be orgainized, see yourself as self employeed just contracting for these companys.

Re: Hmm

vitor said:
Ballys can be a good start for you but in the end they will always take too much of your money for working with a client. THe biggest problem I have with personal training is, they can revoke, or suspend your license for precise nutrition diet info. NSPA a maryland licenseing company they are all over the us, but they took my boys license for getting someone on a low carb plan. One trainer overheard it, got jealous called the board and bam, he was out. He is now with ISSA as his cert but jeez us christ, I can work someone to death but if they eat mc D's all the time it aint gonna work.

My advice find an upscale club with wealthy older men and women who would be happy with losing 5lbs in a month and would love you for life, They will pay you more and wont complain like some cheap ass young buck,.

best of Luck guys

Another tip about pictures, take pics of the client every week, so they can actully see the progess and it looks good for you to have a portfolio, track all the info, so you can present it to the client and future clients, be orgainized, see yourself as self employeed just contracting for these companys.

Thanks alot Vitor, I am hyped to get started. I have a set path in mind that I want to take certain golas I'd liek to get to. Again thanks for the info.

Im

Im excited for you guys, it is fun putting your passion into your career. One more tip is dont expect these clients to have your drive or intensity, we are warriors, and love to train, some of these people are paying you just to make them come, i signed up paid this money so I better go, make it fun and enjoyable, they will return, when My brother and I did personal training we just hung out at the gym all the time when someone signed up I introduced myself, I would walk the floor and if someone was doing something wrong I would help them, if they were talking to someone about supplements, or something i would listen and if it was BS i would tell them, if there was a fat guy doing cardio lifting and not losing I would talk to him, and it always leads to a sale, at some point. My final tip is Remember peoples names, if you introduce yourself to betty one day and she is thinking of working with u, she will feel good when u walk up to her 2 days later and say hey betty, how are you what are you training today, then you lean that into her goals, and how she plans to achieve them, then explain how you can get her there faster and make it enjoyable and close the deal, sign her up, offer a cheap 1 session package, make it fun and challenging and then sign them up for more. Alot of my older guys love the Fitness ball, doing exercise on them is a challange and healthy compared to flat bench.

A huge and I mean huge untapped market is GOLf training, old rich guys who want to get better at their game, the stabilty exercies, and core training. They offer classes for that, and you are out pricing cheap asses. If someone can afford to play golf, and afford to hire a trainer then they will be with you for a while. My uncle run golf clinics at a gym where they meet 12 times twice a week, for 1 hour, the first 30mins is exericses for golf, and golf muscles, the 2nd half hour he brings his golf pro buddy in and he works on the guys swings, this is a 3 to 20 person class, and you can charge alot for it.

High school football training, work out 3 young guys together charge them each 25 dollars and train 3 guys at once.

Group older women together they will workout together become friend and wont be as intimidated.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
HughJass
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131