advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Carpel Tunnel/tendon problem in my hand.

Pusher

Registered
I've got a problem in my left hand that I first experienced last a week ago (thursday). I was warming up in benching, on my 2nd rep of 225 when I had a sharp pain in the middle of my wrist on the palm side. I couldn't finnish the rep -- or any reps after that -- so I did a few sets in the Pec Dec (I know...I'm so ashamed:p ) and called it a day. Then, over the weekend I noticed a problem with my middle finger -- it feels as though I need to crack the knuckle, but I don't, and the finger feels a bit weak and "unstable". When I straighten it out it feels like it's getting pulled to the side. I asked a doctor friend of mine, he said it may be carple tunnel.....

Any thoughts? I've got some cortisone and prednisone here, do I try an inter-joint injection? Or just let it be and not train for a couple weeks (....like that'll happen.:D )???

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.

My friend just had the sugery. He works on computers all day...he would say that his hands would just fall asleep. He had surgery and it just getting back into lifting.

If you want his addy I can give it to you.....

gh will give you that. the last cycle of gh that I was on my hands started to hurt.

Sounds like carpal tunnel to me. Here's some good info.

What is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
Carpal tunnel syndrome occurs when tendons or ligaments in the wrist become enlarged, often from inflammation, after being aggravated. The narrowed tunnel of bones and ligaments in the wrist pinches the nerves that reach the fingers and the muscles at the base of the thumb. The first symptoms usually appear at night. Symptoms range from a burning, tingling numbness in the fingers, especially the thumb and the index and middle fingers, to difficulty gripping or making a fist, to dropping things. Some cases of carpal tunnel syndrome are due to work-related cumulative trauma of the wrist. Diseases or conditions that predispose to the development of carpal tunnel syndrome include pregnancy, diabetes, and obesity.

Is there any treatment?
Carpal tunnel syndrome is treated by immobilizing the wrist in a splint to minimize or prevent pressure on the nerves. If that fails, patients are sometimes given anti-inflammatory drugs or injections of cortisone in the wrist to reduce the swelling. There is also a surgical procedure in which doctors can open the wrist and cut the ligament at the bottom of the wrist to relieve the pressure. However, only a small percentage of patients require surgery.

What is the prognosis?
Approximately 1 percent of individuals with carpal tunnel syndrome develop permanent injury. The majority recover completely and can avoid reinjury by changing the way they do repetitive movements, the frequency with which they do the movements, and the amount of time they rest between periods when they perform the movements.

Thanks for that info....

Got back from the gym tonight and i had tingling in the middle finger and ring finger from the middle joint to the tip, and when I make a fist, it feels like my middle knuckle dislocates or *wants* to pop out of the joint.

This is a pain in the ass. :mad:

When I got Carpel from gh, the problem cleared up within about 4wks after dosing stopped.

Had it.

Had carpal a few years back and went to a sports doc and he shot some cortisone in there and no problems since. I do have some tendonitis in my wrist now. Bought a wrist wrap that one might use for carpal and it seems to be working.

I just get a dull ache in my wrists, so I am not sure if that is the same thing but I think that all the years of computer work etc, have made my wrists very sore, so I just tend to use wrist wraps and straps a lot to compensate for the lack of support.

That seems to work OK, so I don't bother going to get it checked out

Boing "the English_Bulldog"

I don't hink it sounds like CP

I had carpal tunnel surgery about ten years ago. It wasn't the most pleasant thing then. Now they got the surgery down so that most people can be back to work in a few weeks.
It really doesn't sound like true carpal tunnel syndrome to me. It may just be some localized numbness caused by the swelling of your fingers and hands while being on gh. If that is the case, then even getting a cortizone shot in the area won't really make it go away, only mask it. Just wait until you go off the gh and see if it goes away. Or you could reduce your dosage for a week or so and see if that helps.
My symptoms were a numbing sensation that would run from the tip of my middle, ring and pinky finger along the underside of my lower arm clear up to my elbow. It would wake me up at night all the time and could get very uncomfortable even when my arm was immoble for just 10-20 minutes. A major loss in grip strength too, but that went away after the surgery. Now everything is relatively normal.
Hope it gets better for you.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
RES15NMV
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner