over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

casein protein

jimmy jams

Registered
Is casein protein the greater protein? since your body absorbs it slower?

"greater" as in how??

I don't believe that casine has as much "bioavailability" as some others , if memory serves egg protein has the highest "PER" protein effecientcy rating.

when I order my protein from Trueprotein I get an eggwhite/casine blend , for me it's easier on my gut

I always use Casein before bed but that's the only time I like to take it.

I love it before bed, but it mixes like shit

Just is a longer lasting protein

Whey actually has the greatest bioavailability (rated higher than egg protein which is the 100% standard) but is digested within an hour or so....casein lasts like 4-6hrs

since i started drinking a gallon of whole milk a day again,half in the afternoon and half after workout and before bed,i find it keeps my mucles fuller looking.i'm only assuming it's due to the casein in the milk.i do use whey in the morning and post workout with my waxymaize.i really should start going thru trueprotein.i can problly get the perfect whey/casein blend made up right from them...

casein used to be the crap thrown away by manufacturers in the whey process. I think it was MHP who first decided to market this as a slow-absorbing protein.

Eat cottage cheese before bed instead. MUCH cheaper.

Just is a longer lasting protein

Whey actually has the greatest bioavailability (rated higher than egg protein which is the 100% standard) but is digested within an hour or so....casein lasts like 4-6hrs

Hey bro, do you have any thing to back up what you shared with WPI having a higher bio than egg whites?

since i started drinking a gallon of whole milk a day again,half in the afternoon and half after workout and before bed,i find it keeps my mucles fuller looking.i'm only assuming it's due to the casein in the milk.i do use whey in the morning and post workout with my waxymaize.i really should start going thru trueprotein.i can problly get the perfect whey/casein blend made up right from them...

you dont think it has anything to do with all the carbs your putting down your gullet with that gallon of milk?

**broken link removed**

Interesting, and thanks for providing the info. Our resident "guru" BigNShredded would state that egg is far better than Whey as a protein source...hence why I asked for the data.

**broken link removed**

I don't see a research reference for where that BV chart came from.

All I could see what that chart is from vitalady.com who happens to sell protein powder.

The exact same brands and type that she says is better for you.

Not saying it is or it isn't just pointing out the person who made that chart has a vested interest in saying protein powder, bars etc is better for you than real food.

Last edited:
I don't see a research reference for where that BV chart came from.

All I could see what that chart is from vitalady.com who happens to sell protein powder.

The exact same brands and type that she says is better for you.

Not saying it is or it isn't just pointing out the person who made that chart has a vested interest in saying protein powder, bars etc is better for you than real food.

Sorry, I just threw that up quick because it had the actual chart in it. This is the formula they use to derive BV: Biological Value (BV)

A better approach than the first article I posted: http://www.jssm.org/vol3/n3/2/v3n3-2pdf.pdf

casein used to be the crap thrown away by manufacturers in the whey process. I think it was MHP who first decided to market this as a slow-absorbing protein.

Eat cottage cheese before bed instead. MUCH cheaper.

No, whey was the "useless" throwaway byproduct of cheese manufacturing...

Surprised you said casein was the garbage, then followed that up by recommending consumption of the product you just said they threw away!

I eat 5 egg whites and cottage cheese before bed and it save you a lot of money down the road then buying casein.

I eat 5 egg whites and cottage cheese before bed and it save you a lot of money down the road then buying casein.

Ive always said ill try cottage cheese but can't bring myself too, looks disgusting. Is it a strong taste?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Listen to this guy!

I eat 8 egg whites with a small serving of chicken breast or top sirloin. Otherwise I'll do 12 egg whites, 3 whole eggs for the fats.

No need for protein or casein Bullshit. save your money guys!!!!

this is interesting

I take casein before bed and its getting a little boring.

How much cottage cheese do you have with your egg whites?

I like a little milk and some casein chocolate protein bf bed like a chocolate treat :D

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity