over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Casein

1bigmofo

Registered
How many of u guys drink a casein shake before u go to sleep when ur bulking up?

I mix one scoop on casein with one scoop team skip , add just enough water to make it about as thick as cake batter and add a scoop of peanutbutter , ends up about as thick as warm fudge.
If i drink a shake and laydown withing an hr i'll puke , this little combo is much less volume and stay done easly

I mix one scoop on casein with one scoop team skip , add just enough water to make it about as thick as cake batter and add a scoop of peanutbutter , ends up about as thick as warm fudge.
If i drink a shake and laydown withing an hr i'll puke , this little combo is much less volume and stay done easly

I'm assuming these shakes are being mixed in the blender?

I'm assuming these shakes are being mixed in the blender?

nope , in a small bowl with a spoon , way to thick for a blender. I want it to end up very thick to where i have to chew it a little

I use casein all the time regardless of cut/ bulk. Plus I think casein tastes really good. I look forward to my bedtime "treat".

question...

How many of u guys drink a casein shake before u go to sleep when ur bulking up?
i dont mean to jack your thread but maybe you can teach me somethin. isnt casein a milk protein? and whats the benefits of using it instead of say whey? thanks in advance.

I have just started drinking casein right before bed about a month ago. It holds me over until morning fairly well. It is hard to tell if I'm making gains from it so far, but I feel better when I wake up.

i dont mean to jack your thread but maybe you can teach me somethin. isnt casein a milk protein? and whats the benefits of using it instead of say whey? thanks in advance.

To address your question Gymratn, yes, casein makes up about 80% and whey is the remaining 20% of milk. They both digest differently. Casein digests slowly, so it is ideal to drink when you will not be able to eat for long periods of time (i.e. before you go to sleep). Casein can help prevent your body from going into a catabolic state. Whey digests very quickly, so it is often taken after workouts. Whey taken after workouts can help increase mass and aid the recovery process. There's more to it, but that's the shorter response. If you use the search function, I'm sure you will get a more informative answer :).

I have cottage cheese before bed.

I have just started drinking casein right before bed about a month ago. It holds me over until morning fairly well. It is hard to tell if I'm making gains from it so far, but I feel better when I wake up.

To address your question Gymratn, yes, casein makes up about 80% and whey is the remaining 20% of milk. They both digest differently. Casein digests slowly, so it is ideal to drink when you will not be able to eat for long periods of time (i.e. before you go to sleep). Casein can help prevent your body from going into a catabolic state. Whey digests very quickly, so it is often taken after workouts. Whey taken after workouts can help increase mass and aid the recovery process. There's more to it, but that's the shorter response. If you use the search function, I'm sure you will get a more informative answer :).
thanks for the response. i try and use the search before i ask questions but i didnt really have time earlier to look through a hundred threads. thanks again bud

Damn I don't know how you guys stomach casein, its so chalky and thick, I just go with some isolate with mac nut oil. The mac nut oil tastes like butter, its awesome.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131