over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

CELL PHONES IN THE GYM!!!

MikeS

Moderator / FOUNDING Member
Staff member
Registered
Saturday must have been idiot celebration day at the gym!

First one guy is on the smith maching, lying prone on a bench with his LEGS on the bar doing vertical leg presses! Not that thats bad, but he was talking on the cell phone which doing the set!!!! I wish the bar would have come crashing down on him-Id lave laughed.

Later, a woman was on the lat pull machine-the one where you sit down in a seat straight up, with a pad against your chest, reach to the 2 handles and pull the weight stack toward you in rowing fashion. This lady had her cell phone tucked on her shoulder and she was holding it by bending her head and neck to the extreme WHILE DOING THE SET!!!!! So her spine was all whacked out of line and she is blabbing away! I loudly made a comment to my partner describing what she was doing. I turned and she had heard me (as I hoped her dumb ass would). She said sarcastically "I didnt mean to offend you or anything". So I said "Oh you didnt offend me at all but Ive never seen anyone do anything so silly in the gym like that in my life!". She stammered and said "you gotta do what you gotta do". Next time-just stay the fuck home with you and your damn phone that you cant do 30 seconds without!

Ok, I fell better now. :D

cell phones!

I know what you mean bro. Everytime I go to the gym there is some girl talking on the cell. I overhear them talking"gee I wonder why I can't seem to get in shape."Yeah no shit there talking on the phone for an hour. People just don't get it. I usually go there and try and get done in 45minutes sometimes 60 min's. Thats it. Get in and get out. Weather is changing over here in the eastern states so I rather be home working around the house or recoperating. Usually the latter of the two.

lata

i absolutely hate what cell phones have done to this country, there everywhere like a freakin disease. believe me Mikes I feel ur pain, i hate them so much the way our sciety uses them, fuck, i mean i know people who actually leave their house to talk on their cell phone, dead fuckin serious

You know what I think is really fucked up? I leave for the gym about 430am (yeah, that's fucked up too) and while driving there, I see people driving and talking on the cell phone, at this hour! Who the fuck are they talking to at this time? I'm with Magoo, I don't like what cell phones have done! I guess its just a personal problem.

-slide

Last edited:
I got off work early the other day, so I figured that I would hit the gym around noon. (I usually hit the gym around 8-9 pm) What a fucking different place during the day!! It's a damn social club!! One time while I was resting between sets and there must have been 12 pairs of people just hanging on the machines, shooting the shit!!

I know what you mean about cell phones....one time I saw this dude doing leg extensions and talking on the phone!! I couldn't believe it!! I dunno about you fellas, but when I'm under the iron, the only noise that comes out of my vocal chords are grunts and groans....and maybe a "one more rep" to my spotter!!

god this must be more common then I thought I posted about this over on ripped mass, about a week ago and said

"that aint shit, i seen this guy the other day at Golds doing leg lifts holding his phone with his Shoulder..."

Cell phones sicken me. It's not just the dipshits at the gym either. It's the cocksuckers who talk while driving and damn near hit me, it's the dipshits at restaraunt who would rather sit there and talk on the phone than pay attention to their spouse, it's the buttfuckers who stand in line at the grocery store blabbing away instead of checking out.

I think those stupid pieces of shit should be illegal. In my opinion, if they are allowed to exist they should only be able to dial 911. That way they would be limited to emergency use. All these self important anus's really piss me off. Nobody's that damn special. GET OFF THE PHONE!!!

Ok, I'm all done now.:D

mikesif you are ever out in cali let me know ill show u some unbelievable stuff. Ive seen so many variations of all kinds of wierd concocted exercises.
cellphones, I hate them but iam forced to have one
They are simply a damned self imposed leash. If people realy need to get ahold of me they know where iam. I jsut hate when i get all those annoying ass phone calls from people wanting to talk about nothing. The best advice i can give any one is have a female do your voice mail message that will cut down on alot of stupid people wasting your time

In my mind they stop pepole thinking.

I do tech service for my company, all the time contractors find it easier to call the tech line than look in the damm manuals.

Add to that the fact mine starts ringing at 6 AM most days, then I watch everybody wandering around the gym looking self important it just pisses me off.

There is a time and place people

Boing "the English_Bulldog"

mine stays in the car unless i have to take a call... like the other day when they were calling about my car veing ready and crap like that.

i don't mind when i see girl on the bikes on the phone because cardio is boring... but if i had seen a guy doing some sort of leg presses on a smith machine it might have been enough for me to say something... and if he was on his cell phone doing them... i would have had a hard time restraining myself.

Unfortunately some of us need those cel phones to pay our rent and gym dues. I'm a freelancer inthe Ent. Biz in LA and I have to take it with me everywhere or I miss work. In the past two years I have recieved over 20 calls at the gym to check my availability for work.

HOWEVER, I always keep my cel phone on "pleasure" mode, I never answer it during a work out, I just call them back in like 5 minutes and I don't make any calls unless I'm doing cardio. I try my best not to blab away so that the people around me can hear me and when I'm in my car I use a hands free device and my phone has voice dial activation so I don't have to take my eyes off the road to dial.

I just wish everybody else here in LA was like me, but then it's hard being perfect..... :)

My cell phone will not enter the gym unless Im expecting an emergency family call, which is like, never. I know what you mean about some jackasses sitting at dinner with someone - ignoring them but blabbing away on the phone. Or the morons in the check out line who cant hang up for 1minute to pay for their items.:mad: Yup, its a sickness!

I was just about to cancel my cell plan. After just finding out that I'm going to be a dad though, I think I better keep it around just in case of emergency. I leave mine in my locker at the gym. Id never hear it go off anyway, I always wear headphones.

BigMeaty

its one thing to bring a cell to the gym if you are on call to work-you have to! but, to bring it to wait for a piece of ass to call you is rediculous!:rolleyes: and driving while talking! that shit needs to be banned by the law!!!!!:mad: if have seen time and time again people nearly hitting others b/c they are on their phones or hold up traffic by not paying attention to the stop light!

TH

Cell Phones

I thought I was the only one that wondered why the fuck these dumb asses even bother coming to the gym if they can't go an hour without talking on the phone. The damn things also interfere with my headphones, which pisses me off even more. I feel better too!!!

Tren

MIKE....I CAN RELATE.

THAT'S ONE GOOD THINK ABOUT TRAINING IN MY LIVING ROOM......I SHUT OFF THE RINGER AND CRANK THE METALLIC!

IN THE SUMMERS I SEE THAT BEHAVIOR AT GOLD'S GYM THOUGH. YOU OUGHT TO SEE THE NEW PUSSY OWNER OF GOLDS OUT HERE......MAKES YOU SICK.....TURNING INTO A POWDER PUFF JOINT.

Hey Jethro!

I wish I could turn my living room into a gym-I dont think the wife would appreciate the 'decor'! :D

MIKE.....

YOU PROBABLY HAVE FURNITURE! HAHAHA.....ALL I HAVE IS A FUTON MATTRESS AND A BIG TV!

MY GIRL WILL NO DOUBT SOME DAY REALIZE THAT ALL THE STUFF I TOLD HER IS THE WAY THINGS OUGHT TO BE DONE IS REALLY ABNORMAL! RIGHT NOW SHE IS INSISTING THAT I DO GH! THE NERVE.....WHERE ARE HER PRIORITIES??:)

Re: MIKE.....

JETHRO TULL said:
YOU PROBABLY HAVE FURNITURE! HAHAHA.....ALL I HAVE IS A FUTON MATTRESS AND A BIG TV!

MY GIRL WILL NO DOUBT SOME DAY REALIZE THAT ALL THE STUFF I TOLD HER IS THE WAY THINGS OUGHT TO BE DONE IS REALLY ABNORMAL! RIGHT NOW SHE IS INSISTING THAT I DO GH! THE NERVE.....WHERE ARE HER PRIORITIES??:)

She wants you to do gh? Have her buy you some for your Birthday or Xmas, whichever comes first! Could you imagine unwrapping a kit in front of all the relatives? :D :D

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131