over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cell phones

"Get that selfie, Boo".- Craig Golias

Most of my problem is with the "fairer" sex. They tend to sit on a leg press for half an hour looking at their phone for 5 full minutes between what they maybe could call sets. This then moves over to the Smith Machine for a series of butt targeting exercises that include lots of chit chat, selfies, and checking of the Instagram feed. I guess they pay their membership fee just like I do.

I look at my phone in between sets while I’m resting a minute and a half to 2 mins someone’s got a problem with they can fuck off.

maybe some people should stop looking around the gym and concentrate on their own work out instead of worrying about what other people are doing

I'm also guilty of this sometimes. I'm usually changing the song and then see I'm getting texts or emails so it's hard not to check them in that moment. I tell myself to stop but sometimes I can't help it. It's more interesting than staring at the mirror sometimes.

NH we’re the same age, don’t think you kids now are such loooooosers??

When I was a teenager I was about gettin money, gettin pussy, lookin good, playing sports, partying and trying to be the baddest mother fucker I can be. If you told me to put on my headphones and put my head down into a screen I would fight you not to.

I’ve been kinda forced into interaction with a lot of teenage and early 20’s kids lately and they’re all such incredible losers. They either purposely act super hood for no reason to the point that you laugh at them or they have their headphones on and they are completely shut out from the real world, no in between no social skills whatsoever and they completely fall apart at the slightest adversity. They look like shit, their hair is always nasty, they dress like shit, they have no style or personality whatsoever they just want to be whatever the new trend is just like everyone else their age and they just look like they smell. All broke as shit, still cry to their moms for everything and anything and have nothing going for them other than their new gadget, their role models are clowns on social media. I almost feel bad for them but it’s not like they listen when I tell them to stop being such pussys, I want to strangle them to wake up.

I know I’ve been all over this but it’s been in my face lately and it’s soooooo bad.

haha I still do some of those things except I don't get drunk and stay out late anymore except in rare instances. I also do not walk around acting like a badass anymore either. I totally agree it looks ridiculous seeing younger guys act like they're the shit these days. So many of my friends are married now so I'm used to being the single one depending on who I'm with.

I still try to earn money and get pussy though :D

I look at my phone in between sets while I’m resting a minute and a half to 2 mins someone’s got a problem with they can fuck off.

maybe some people should stop looking around the gym and concentrate on their own work out instead of worrying about what other people are doing

Looking around at all the self absorbed people and the dumb crap they are doing is way to entertaining. And better then any insta tweet.

haha I still do some of those things except I don't get drunk and stay out late anymore except in rare instances. I also do not walk around acting like a badass anymore either. I totally agree it looks ridiculous seeing younger guys act like they're the shit these days. So many of my friends are married now so I'm used to being the single one depending on who I'm with.

I still try to earn money and get pussy though :D

Oh I didn’t say I don’t still do those things either, I’m just good at it now from all
the practice when I was younger...:D

When people are sitting on equipment with a weight stack looking at phone and it has been quite some time, I just walk over and say "hey I`m ready". They get kinda confused then catch on. Always happens on the crunch machine

Usually the kids move when they see you are training hard and are more jacked than them... Though the Instagram model type will give you attitude.

In my area we always have these skinny but super serious Asian powerlifter dudes who try to videotape every lift. I respect their methodical planning, but some of them go apeshit if you walk through their camera setup, lol.

There's a guy at my gym that does almost every exercise unilaterally while using his phone with his free hand. I kid you not. I hope to see him get injured by doing so but unfortunately this only can be done using ultra light weights so it's not going to happen :(

until you have to interact with them:rolleyes:

A long time ago I figured out that disappointment and dissatisfaction is directly related to expectations. So I keep my expectations low when dealing with other people. And I found that going to a different piece of equipment or exercise then I wanted does not hurt my workouts at all. And doing what I don't want to do may be what is good for me.

Usually the kids move when they see you are training hard and are more jacked than them... Though the Instagram model type will give you attitude.

In my area we always have these skinny but super serious Asian powerlifter dudes who try to videotape every lift. I respect their methodical planning, but some of them go apeshit if you walk through their camera setup, lol.

LMFAO!

And I found that going to a different piece of equipment or exercise then I wanted does not hurt my workouts at all. And doing what I don't want to do may be what is good for me.

Agree but we finish with heavy leg presses typically, when the legs are already pumped and the knees feel good.
A 25min break while waiting for 2 different females on 2 different leg press machines to finish their texting, scrolling etc. while half assing through their w/o?!
I got shit to do so our training sessions tend to be well planned. Get in, get out...eat! Sorry for bringing this subject up. I needed to vent. Rant over.

100% agreed, I don’t take my phone anywhere unless I absolutely have to, it either stays in the car or stays at the hotel room. I don’t go places and do things to show off to others what I’m doing, I go places to be there and enjoy it.

i dont really say too much about this in real life but i find it soooooo disrespectful when ppl look at there phones in the middle of conversation or doing other stuff.

like you how are you talking to someone then right in the middle stick your nose in this other shit????
:eek:
no attention span, spine or balls....
and all the fuckers dress funny! lol
:star-w:rs

I still use an iPod for this very reason. Having emails and texts and social media can be distracting, and there is a hidden cost to task switching that can leave us feeling more tired at the end of the day.

^this. idgaf what other ppl do in the gym, if they wanna talk and/or fuck around on their phone for 10 min between sets and completely waste their time and not make any progress ever, thats their problem. like others in this thread mentioned, i go to the gym to put in work and leave, i dont talk to anybody, i will respond to txts in between sets if need be but i dont sit there and browse facebook or something. and for ppl taking up too much time on equipment, ive never been one to be scared to ask them to work in, and if they get bitchy about it, i get bitchy back lol. its not THEIR euqipment, they dont own it and they dont have the right to monopolize it.

the very best thing anyone can do is

1. wireless head/ear phones (phone stays in the gym bag).

2. remove all social media platforms from your phone and use them only on home computers.

3. and thee very best thing you can do for ALL aspects of your life delete social media entirely.

You can apply cell phone zombies to any situation today. Work, restaurants, school, even driving a vehicle and it’s not just young people. Fucking grandparents getting glossy eyed playing Candy Crush while little Billy wanders into traffic because dad had to stay at work late to get his Fantasy Football team together.

100% agreed, I don’t take my phone anywhere unless I absolutely have to, it either stays in the car or stays at the hotel room. I don’t go places and do things to show off to others what I’m doing, I go places to be there and enjoy it.

One of the funniest things I see is when I go to rock concerts. I see many people that basically watch the show through the screen of their phone because they insist on videoing much of the performance! Im there to enjoy the show and not watch it through an 8 inch screen!

One of the funniest things I see is when I go to rock concerts. I see many people that basically watch the show through the screen of their phone because they insist on videoing much of the performance! Im there to enjoy the show and not watch it through an 8 inch screen!

Oh my god don't get me started, I'm there to party have a good time and enjoy myself.....it seems like everyone else came just to show other people they are there!

I know a guy, friend of a friend, anytime he goes anywhere I pretty much feel like I was there with him just from all the shit he posts. Non stop one after another, mother fucker they might as well just hire you as the cameraman at this point! I know every meal he eats, I know every time he's at the gym, I know when he's in his car....pretty much his entire life is on display constantly down to the dumbest minute thing.

Shit makes no sense to me, this is a grown man mind you same age as me!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear