over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cellulitis?

JBMuscle

Registered
Just curious.. anyone ever gotten cellulitis? I got it in my leg and am taking antibiotics and it is getting better. A few more days of the antibiotics and it will be back to normal. Training has to stay at a minimum or none at all for a few days. I have always been very careful when pinning, washed hands, alcohol swabs, etc... I only ever use Good gear. Definitely was not the oil that caused this - think bacteria already on my quad must of gotten into a small wound after pinning. Luckily, it’s getting better and I’ve learned from this. With that being said, I’m taking even further precautions when it comes to my IM objects, such as wearing sterile gloves that I ordered. Anyone else have an experience like this?

Sometimes it can be pretty random, especially as we get older and immune systems get weaker. Subcutaneous fluid can be a cause of irritation of the skin and make it more susceptible to infection.

I got it around an incision following surgery once. Just had to keep it elevated more, wear compression stockings over it, take the antibiotics and that took care of it.

Was it around an injection site or lower on your leg?

Cellulitis is a bacterial infection but what do you
call redness from irritating gear? I shot some of the notoriously painful primo ace, one ml in each delt and got redness that travelled down towards the brachialis. A week later now it's all good and gone. This has happened with irritating gear before. Wouldn't this look like cellulitis to a doc? What gear did you shoot JBmuscle?

Regarding hygiene, the nurses manuals I read say disinfecting injection sites is basically useless.

i have had cellulitis prob around 5-8 times over the course of my bbing over 20 years of gear use.
My duaghter was 4 yr old i think... got cellulitis on her quad from an injection doc gave her.
it happens.
i think gloves are overkill.
-F2S

Sometimes it can be pretty random, especially as we get older and immune systems get weaker. Subcutaneous fluid can be a cause of irritation of the skin and make it more susceptible to infection.

I got it around an incision following surgery once. Just had to keep it elevated more, wear compression stockings over it, take the antibiotics and that took care of it.

Was it around an injection site or lower on your leg?

Yes, it was around my quad pretty near the injection site. I’m assuming it was from this.

Ready for it to go away though.

i have had cellulitis prob around 5-8 times over the course of my bbing over 20 years of gear use.

My duaghter was 4 yr old i think... got cellulitis on her quad from an injection doc gave her.

it happens.

i think gloves are overkill.

-F2S

5-8 times? Sheesh! Hahaha. I tell you what, my mother and my wife are always overprotective of me - they are treating me as if I’m dying with this cellulitis haha, they are so worried.

Meanwhile, I’ve decided I’m gonna go train upper body with an emphasis on chest today. As long as I avoid legs, I should be fine?

5-8 times? Sheesh! Hahaha. I tell you what, my mother and my wife are always overprotective of me - they are treating me as if I’m dying with this cellulitis haha, they are so worried.

Meanwhile, I’ve decided I’m gonna go train upper body with an emphasis on chest today. As long as I avoid legs, I should be fine?

some contest preps i was taking 2-3 injects a day for weeks so 5-8 times over course of near 20 years is pretty dang good odds lol

you will be FINE. i only took antibiotics 1x for cellulitis. Other times i just waited it out (not advising that) but just sayin you will be FINE.
-F2S

some contest preps i was taking 2-3 injects a day for weeks so 5-8 times over course of near 20 years is pretty dang good odds lol

you will be FINE. i only took antibiotics 1x for cellulitis. Other times i just waited it out (not advising that) but just sayin you will be FINE.

-F2S

Thanks for the input brother. This is my first ever gear related set back. Makes sense since I was pinning superdrol twice a day for 30 days.

I had it once really bad in my glute where I did an injection. Ended up getting a very bad abscess there too that I had to have actual surgery on. Nothing to fool around with. Did you have a fever?

No fever, and no abscess. I think I caught it just in time.

The moment something is wrong, I get it looked at. A lot of guys wait forever and then have to heal even longer; I would rather have any inconvenience take care of.

Thank you so much for the feedback everyone and the reassurance.

No fever, and no abscess. I think I caught it just in time.

Yeah, sounds like it! Glad that you were proactive. Most guys let stuff go too long. It may have formed an abscess like mine if you hadn't gone for help early. I waited and ended up with a fever after about 1 week. 1 month later I was in the OR getting a chunk carved out of my ass.

I have had it on my leg, hurt like hell! 1 week on anti biotics and it was gone. Youll be good.

Had it in my left thigh, horribly painful.
Painkillers and antibiotics did the trick

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I got cellulitis x2. Once was my last cycle in which I had very sterile practice. Never got it during the years of pinning in my youth. The second time I got it just from wearing a sweaty shirt in the gym for an hour just like any other workout. Both times seemed very random. Both times I was given cephelexin 500mg to take for a week...I think...I have the bottle in my house still if you need me to check.

I think its worth it to keep the stuff on hand if you are pinning a lot like a lot of the guys here. Its worth it to have 7-10 days worth for like $10.

At work the docs are injecting like crazy. I never wipe bottles with alcohol nor do may of the docs. I have probably loaded 1000's of syringes and have seen 1000's get loaded without wiping tops and never ever heard of any patient getting an infection. This further makes me think its just a random occurrence. But sterile technique is worthwhile non the less.

Thanks for the input brother. This is my first ever gear related set back. Makes sense since I was pinning superdrol twice a day for 30 days.

My hunch is this wasn't due to bacteria. You used Superdrol which is a solution of base hormone which probably requires certain potentially irritating solvents, maybe the base hormone is irritating as well, I don't know. I do know that certain gear, such as high dosed gear and stuff like the Primo ace I use can cause redness. Maybe it can be misdiagnosed as bacterial cellulitis? Anyone here have a qualified opinion?

If you search this forum you will find people saying ethyl oleate causes them redness and pain at the injection site. I saw the Viking SD thread where they say they have to use EO in theirs.

Last edited:
I've had it once. Took about 4-5 days to notice that it was a lot more than just a bad pin or inflamamtion and went to an urgent care for antibiotics. That didn't do it so I ended up taking a trip to the ER for IV antibiotics at which point I was already on crutches about 2-3 days after the urgent care clinic. Ended up having an ultrasound guided procedure to aspirate and drain the fluid in my legs after the antibiotic courses

I got it once after injecting sustanon everyday into the same cheek for weeks. it went away in a week on its own. looked and felt gross though

Word of warning...

I got cellulitis in both shins from deadlkdting and scraping them

My ankles and feet swelled wayyyyyyyy up and I thought it was from hitting the Thai bag. I let it go wayyyyy to long and ended up with a 105.3 fever, pouring sweat even though it's cold and raining outside. Went to urgent care first and the doc lady says what the fuck is wrong with you?! If she (my 3rd yr med student fiance st the time...who you'd THINK would notice csllulitis) wasnt here is be calling an ambulance for you to the Dr. She she took me to then E R at Loma Linda and my temp had risen to nearly 106 or over 106 I forget...and the give me s single 325 mg Tylenol and we waited for 8 hrs where I'm pouring sweat in a pool while everybody was wearing big thick heated blankets.

Inlet. The cellulitis go to long it turned into sepsis and from that got endocarditis (bacteria on heart valve b) 5 day hospital stay wwith a cocktail of iv antibiotics.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131