over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cellulitis

Dave Perez

Registered
Sunday I pinned my left glute...smooth and no problems...by Monday evening my hip was swollen , hot, and very painful....I can barely walk...I went to my doctor today and got an antibiotic as cellulitis is a bacterial infection...anyone ever had this happen?

I'm sure just about every veteran here has developed an infection after an injection. Despite the reason for the infection (bad inj tech, poorly made product), make sure you take the prescribed antibiotic as directed by the doc. Every last pill. Throw away the gear in question, why take chances with another infection. The area will likely continue to swell for a few more days. A heating pad will help with the pain. The affected area will eventually decrease in size. The skin over the infected area will peel and it may develop a pustule and then drain. Keep it dry & clean as it heals.

Another thing to consider is to outline the infections border with a sharpie. If the reddened area continues to grow well outside that border and/or you develop a fever greater that 101.5, let your PCP know and go to the ER. These infections can be tricky sometimes and may require IV antibiotics.

has prob happened to every vet as Reload said.
usually only happened when i did spot injects.
never happened in glutes.
wreckless maybe but i have seen it pass w out antibiotic
but no reason not to take one.
hell i always kept em on hand when doing lots injects
-F

When ever someone makes these posts they are hesitant to go to the doctor until their leg is about to fall off. Good for you for being smart and making a non-issue out of it. We all get infections from injections here and there. In hind sight I wish I had access to antibiotics to keep on hand when I used to pin.

I had a similar experience, but I didn't go in right away. After 6 weeks of trying different antibiotics, it never healed up. I had to go in for surgery, and the doctor had to take a chunk out of my ass.

Keep a very close eye on it. I developed a fever. Some bacteria may not respond to your antibiotic. Hopefully the doctor took a sample of it and will culture some, see what type of bacteria it is.

i have had but not from a needle stick, did they just give you po meds or did they also give im antibiotics? i got both and after the im it started getting better really quick but you still need to run the full course of your po meds, i think mine was 10 days.

Any break in the skin, even a scratch can lead to cellulitis due to bacteria from the skin getting in. Can take up to 2 weeks to clear but if it continues to spread with no sign of improvement soon, you may need IV antibiotics as others have said and then finish it off with oral AB’s.

Last thing you want is getting mrsa which can lead to sepsis.If goes into the bloodstream it can kill you.Best thing to do is see your md pronto.

I have something that is unrelated. I got bit on my elbow from a Brown recluse spider. The next day my arm was twice the size. They had to surgically cut the poison out, then I was given antibiotics after that. The Doctor told me another day or so, they might had to cut my arm off. The moral of the story, go to the Doctor.

I have something that is unrelated. I got bit on my elbow from a Brown recluse spider. The next day my arm was twice the size. They had to surgically cut the poison out, then I was given antibiotics after that. The Doctor told me another day or so, they might had to cut my arm off. The moral of the story, go to the Doctor.
Was that in PA? I sat on one and it stung me just above the back of the knee Felt sick right away. Nauseated and short of breath. Took the crushed spider AND my leg to the ER right away. Had to get a tetanus shot and sit there for hours until they let me go. Said I'd be fine. But my knee did swell up. Just a tiny little thing but packed a wallop.

Was that in PA? I sat on one and it stung me just above the back of the knee Felt sick right away. Nauseated and short of breath. Took the crushed spider AND my leg to the ER right away. Had to get a tetanus shot and sit there for hours until they let me go. Said I'd be fine. But my knee did swell up. Just a tiny little thing but packed a wallop.

No that was California. I was doing an inspection under a house and felt a pin prick. The poison literally can eat your flesh away. Painful and nasty.

No that was California. I was doing an inspection under a house and felt a pin prick. The poison literally can eat your flesh away. Painful and nasty.
Yeah, I think there are protease enzymes in there that break down protein.

I don't understand how a shot right in the middle of my glute could cause pain and swelling between my hip and knee...and it never fails I am 5 weeks out from a bench meet where a record was assured!...

I don't understand how a shot right in the middle of my glute could cause pain and swelling between my hip and knee...and it never fails I am 5 weeks out from a bench meet where a record was assured!...
Could be swelling against the sciatic nerve or a branch.

Didn’t you have this last year to ? I just saw your similar thread

If you injected into a nerve yes sir it can

I've had my pain management doctor inject my shoulder. And he uses that machine I forgot the name. The one they use for sonogram to make sure he doesn't inject into a nerve

I've had my pain management doctor inject my shoulder. And he uses that machine I forgot the name. The one they use for sonogram to make sure he doesn't inject into a nerve
I think you would know if you hit a nerve while injecting, because the pain is severe. I did it once, think it was my leg but can't remember. I remember the pain though, you get that electric feeling almost as if you just got shocked. The muscle contracts and it feels similar to when you hit your "funny bone", but hurts much more.

I think what happens, the injection is close to a nerve and then there is swelling later on and that puts pressure on the nerve.

Fluoroscopy machine probably.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar