over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Certified Personal Trainer programs

plowboy

Registered
I am looking to get certified and currently leaning hard towards ISSA . Is there any other programs out there that are reasonable priced, quick to certified or more respected that ISSA. If there are some is ISSA exceptable to most gyms. I am looking to supplement my income and use this to keep me personally motivated in the Gym. I currently train and coach at next level mma and want to take over our strength and conditioning programs. Any opinions are greatly aprreciated

are you planning to do your own thing or work at commercial gym or stay where you are?

I know 24 hour fitness requires NASM

so you might want to check out where you'll be applying and see if there are any required certs or if your staying at that place ISSA should give you a wealth of knowledge

ACE is very highly looked at in a good way

Thats what I always heard. I know a gym owner that has been in the business for a long time, he told me that the failure rate on the ACE test is the higest out there. To me a high failure rate tells you something positive about the certification.

ACSM

If you are a new trainer, the ISSA certificaton will get you on the right track. As you progress and learn with time you could be studying for an advanced certification. The absolute best certification out there is the ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine). NASM is a close second, ACE used to be the standard years ago but is a few levels below ASCM and NASM. Speaking as an Exercise Physiologist with years of clinical lab and advanced level coursework...... the ACSM is still a really tough test to pass and will require months of study for most.

If you are a new trainer, the ISSA certificaton will get you on the right track. As you progress and learn with time you could be studying for an advanced certification. The absolute best certification out there is the ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine). NASM is a close second, ACE used to be the standard years ago but is a few levels below ASCM and NASM. Speaking as an Exercise Physiologist with years of clinical lab and advanced level coursework...... the ACSM is still a really tough test to pass and will require months of study for most.

Even the ACE test seemed a litle bit challanging to me. I bought the books for it and was going to take it but then I had my heart attack and I put all of my plans on hold. I have a bachelors in biology and did some classwork toward a masters in exercise physiology and found that I could probably pass it without studying too much, but I can see where if you didnt have the background it might be damn tough. One thing that makes passing such a test a challenge is if you havent been to college in nearly 20 years. I think young guys would have the greatest success here since they probably have had their coursework more recently.

thanks bro, I just think i will do the issa to get going and move up later

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner