advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Change to bulk from Dave Palumbos keto diet; just add carbs? or fat and pro as well?

mitochondria

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
i ask becasue in his bulk diet plan that he has in the beginng of his thread i have calculated to be 1g of fat per lb, 2g of pro per lb, 1.5g of carbs per lb. correct? But i have seen him post up for the bulk to go .75g of fat per lb , and another time he said just keep the bulk diet at .5 g of fat per lb and the pro stay at 1.5 g per lb just like his keto, but just adding carbs? so im a little confused it seems hes ranging a bit on his macro percents, i would assume it could be customed to the individual, maybe one seeking les BF gain or one seeking optimal muscle gain? so which one is it or am i reading or miscalclauting wrong?

i have studied his theories-read too much-lol

he suggests for offseason keep protein(1.5g) and fats(0.5g) consistent and cycle carbs(1.5g-Max) raise them when u see too flat and and ......lower them when you find yourself bloated, so you would gain muscle while keeping-minimal fats gains.

he suggests slowly adding carbohydrates when shifting from KETO-DIET--MUSCLE-BUILDING(offseason diet)
Post-workout
Meal 1
Pre-workout
Then other meals in a duration of several weeks at your own desired pace.(Minimal fat gains).

During MD-times 4-5 years back i guess-he in his anabolic freak coloumn wrote about his fascinating experiences mcdonals cheese burgers--
where those greasy fats made him look better, thats the time when cracked the ESSANTIAL-Fats CODE--he went from eating 600 grams of protien + carbs + minimal dietary fats (the others did)

350-400grams-Pro/100grams Fats/with far lesser carbohydrates--lost body fat-gained muscle-and-lost all the water.
Essantial Fats just changed his life---(he seems to be fond of them so much) which is obviously just correct, but the way he expresses his emotions, and the way he goes about it...used get funny.

i asked Derek Anthony once how do you guys(derek + dave) hang around with the chicks--does Dave Palumbo knows anything other than diet and "HEALTHY-FATS",--Derek anthony said yes, he does even starts throwing in his creatine products too--and the Macademia nut oil--for almost everything.
but jokes apart-Dave Palumbo is a great teacher/coach.

Last edited:
Simple,you add 25 grams of carbs to each meal.That is what dave recommends.

Simple,you add 25 grams of carbs to each meal.That is what dave recommends.

yeah...offseason dietwise he doesn`t seem to worry too much about the carbs as long as protein and "HEALTHY-FATS" are consumed. Have them to fuel workouts-Progressive heavy Lifting(Glycogen filled muscles) and post workout recovery-waxy maize.

yeah...offseason dietwise he doesn`t seem to worry too much about the carbs as long as protein and "HEALTHY-FATS" are consumed. Have them to fuel workouts-Progressive heavy Lifting(Glycogen filled muscles) and post workout recovery-waxy maize.

In Daves Q and A someone asked Dave how do you switch from keto to bulking(this exact question) and he said just to add 25 grams of carbs to each meal.

Dr. Intensity that is what Dave said,but I personally would come off slowly adding carbs at appropriate times so the carbs work for energy as intended,Starting with carbs at breakfast and preworkout to begin(ala chris aceto) and fill them in if needed more from there.

yup

Dr. Intensity that is what Dave said,but I personally would come off slowly adding carbs at appropriate times so the carbs work for energy as intended,Starting with carbs at breakfast and preworkout to begin(ala chris aceto) and fill them in if needed more from there.

offcourse, that would be something.. i would have been doing too.. and usually the carbs at these timing the one you mentioned--just gets the job done--if dietary "healthy-fats" needs are being satisfied, atleast i dont have any trouble with muscle gains.

now if we try to be extra care-ful, by eating by target body weight--then how much would be the difference in Dietary Intake Protien in grams--assuming a 200lbs guy--eats like a 225lbs guy(Maximized eating).
200lbs guy---> 300gr--->carbs/fats-->same degree increment
225lbs guy---> 338gr

overall 350-400 calorie difference in the diet.(200lbs to -225lbs)

a 225lbs guy running around for 38grams--more--to be 250--these

Calculations don`t mean much--to a Darrem Charles (225lbs) or Dorian Yates(250+) ate 450 grams of Protien/and when he tried eating 600+ did not find anything better-than being on 450-grams.

Thats all we can do off-season diet wise--what else can we maximize on?

pls-correct me where-ever i am wrong-i read Chris Aceto`s book championship bodybuilding some 3-4 years back where he mentioned,
1. Post workout (being the biggest carbohydrate meal)
2. meal 1- being the 2nd biggest carbohydrate meal

after the base line diet is set up-carbohydrate-amount increased by-35%(his optimal range being 25-50%) will make the person start-

however, the degree of the anabolic push-->carbs---> is not very severe incase of an AAS using Bodybuilder. I remeber this part because he did not explain the--overall physiological changes of an AAS using B-Builder. (He completed the statement by---overall biochemistry is changed.(Here the real-catch-22/situation-solution..;)lol)---(i remember it because i tried looking for it in the book that time-lo justl could not find it...)

Last edited:
i have studied his theories-read too much-lol

he suggests for offseason keep protein(1.5g) and fats(0.5g) consistent and cycle carbs(1.5g-Max) raise them when u see too flat and and ......lower them when you find yourself bloated, so you would gain muscle while keeping-minimal fats gains.

he suggests slowly adding carbohydrates when shifting from KETO-DIET--MUSCLE-BUILDING(offseason diet)
Post-workout
Meal 1
Pre-workout
Then other meals in a duration of several weeks at your own desired pace.(Minimal fat gains).

During MD-times 4-5 years back i guess-he in his anabolic freak coloumn wrote about his fascinating experiences mcdonals cheese burgers--
where those greasy fats made him look better, thats the time when cracked the ESSANTIAL-Fats CODE--he went from eating 600 grams of protien + carbs + minimal dietary fats (the others did)

350-400grams-Pro/100grams Fats/with far lesser carbohydrates--lost body fat-gained muscle-and-lost all the water.
Essantial Fats just changed his life---(he seems to be fond of them so much) which is obviously just correct, but the way he expresses his emotions, and the way he goes about it...used get funny.

i asked Derek Anthony once how do you guys(derek + dave) hang around with the chicks--does Dave Palumbo knows anything other than diet and "HEALTHY-FATS",--Derek anthony said yes, he does even starts throwing in his creatine products too--and the Macademia nut oil--for almost everything.
but jokes apart-Dave Palumbo is a great teacher/coach.

thanks for clearing that up

In Daves Q and A someone asked Dave how do you switch from keto to bulking(this exact question) and he said just to add 25 grams of carbs to each meal.

That is correct. I believe though, he says to start with 25 grams of carbs and make adjustments thereafter. Usually carbs in all meals set up like below for example. Of course all is based off of current size/weight/goals etc.

Meal 1: 50g Protein/15g Fat/ 25 grams carbs
Meal 2: 50g Protein/15g Fat/ 25 grams carbs
Meal 3: 50g Protein/15g Fat/ 25 grams carbs

Before Workout meal:
50g Protein/ 25 grams carbs

After workout meal:
50g Protein/25 grams carbs

Meal 6: 50g Protein/15g Fat

Of course all is based off of current size/weight/goals etc.

Here is another example of an off season diet: Evan Centopani's when he was working with Dave.

Meal 1: 6 whole eggs
4 slices of Ezekiel bread
8 oz of OJ and a small piece of fruit

Meal 2: 75g shake
1 cup of oats
2 tbsp of Macadamia oil

Meal 3: Workout.....half way thru workout:
Drink Torrent by Universal
60 grams of carbs and amino acids

Meal 4: 10 oz or Chicken
10 oz of potatoes
2 cups of greens
1 tbsp of Mac oil

Meal 5: same as above

Meal 6: 16 oz New York Strip Steak
Large sweet potato
Green salad with evoo

Meal 7: same as Meal 2

Of course the above would change and of course other foods would be in the mix when he felt the need.

Last edited:
clearing things up still

well i still ask thoe as i doubled checked the diet posted in the begining of the thread that is 1 g of fat per lb, 2g of pro per lb, 1.5 g of fcarb per lb, which is a big cal differennce than just adding carbs to the keto. so is the diet in the beging of his thread the way to put on max amount of muscle, or would you just be putting on more body fat and no more muscle gain than you would by justt adding carbs to the keto diet, thats the part im confused on. I mean it would be obvious if one were bulking for a show coming soon, the just adding carbs approach would be the way for less body fat.

on another note does adding more fat or protien or vice versa have any scientific reasoning as one would increase with other to help muscle growth, cuz i was think of just making the carb and protien adjustment, leave the fats the same?

The way that I posted it; the initial posting is the correct way. It can vary due to size, goals etc...that is why I posted Evans diet. Remember that is the "base" formula.

The way that I posted it; the initial posting is the correct way. It can vary due to size, goals etc...that is why I posted Evans diet. Remember that is the "base" formula.

ok i feel you, im just confused how hes going from .5g on fats = 900 cals,
1.5g of pro = 1200 cals on keto then tranfer to 1g of fats, 2g of pro for bulking, becasue now in the bulking diet, the calories from fats are 1800 and more than the 1600 from pro. so does more fat cals than pro create a better anoboilc envirmonet. it would make more sense to have the fats no more than .75 g of fat per pound giving you 1350 cals which would be the wright adjustment to the protien adjustment cals at 1600 cals, you know what im saying? but i guess ill say it is what it is then.

Staff online

• MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear