over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Changes in the Bodybuilding Culture since the 80s

Another favorite of mine from the 80s, Mohamed Makkawy.
People with no respect for that era would look at someone like him and call him "small", but I loved his physique. Balanced, flowing, symmetrical...powerful, yet elegant

Makkawy was awesome. I can appreciate a physique of any dimensions. If someone consistently trains, tracks their progress, suffers through the dieting process etc then they are living the lifestyle. It doesn't matter to me if they have 22 inch arms or 15 inch arms. There's a kid named AJ Morris who I think is part of Jordan Peters' circle as he's coached by Kuba Cielien (I think). He's not big by any means, but he puts in the work and he gets into some solid condition.

Mohammed Benaziza was another smaller bodybuilder who had a great physique and I still think lays claim to the best back ever. Here's his routine from the '89 Swedish Grand Prix to a very synth-infused track.

Good video of 80's bodybuilders...

**broken link removed**

Thanks for that; I'm still in love with Tonya Knight. She had so much potential as a bodybuilder. And she was so simultaneously cute and hot and sexy. I can't decide if I want to give her a hug and a cookie, or cum all over her face. Maybe a little of both? Maybe a lot of both.

That may be the Test and Proviron talking, but just seeing Tonya Knight reminds me I still have a libido. Loved that girl and hope she is doing well.

Thanks for that; I'm still in love with Tonya Knight. She had so much potential as a bodybuilder. And she was so simultaneously cute and hot and sexy. I can't decide if I want to give her a hug and a cookie, or cum all over her face. Maybe a little of both? Maybe a lot of both.

That may be the Test and Proviron talking, but just seeing Tonya Knight reminds me I still have a libido. Loved that girl and hope she is doing well.
She seems well, has a son.

I had the life size poster of her sucking that saxophone in my room throughout my late teen years.

I had the life size poster of her sucking that saxophone in my room throughout my late teen years.
I always liked that photo :love:
cd897374ae204538884a97ba756c8765-small.jpg

Courtesy for other gym members.

I really enjoyed reading this topic, especially the gym stories from 'the old days'. I'm in my twenties and live in a small country where bodybuilding isn't really big ( although we did have Berry de Mey ) and virtually zero real hardcore gyms or even serious gyms unfortunately. Maybe it's time to move.

I really enjoyed reading this topic, especially the gym stories from 'the old days'. I'm in my twenties and live in a small country where bodybuilding isn't really big ( although we did have Berry de Mey ) and virtually zero real hardcore gyms or even serious gyms unfortunately. Maybe it's time to move.

Berry de Mey had a great physique; he was one of my idols when I first started bodybuilding. Actually he was on the cover of the first Muscle and Fitness magazine that I ever bought back in 1988. Fond memories, and I wish he hadn't had the pec tear that pretty much ended his bodybuilding career. But I see that he is still looking good and has done well for himself.

I assume you are from the Netherlands. Wonderful country, and I have been there many times, as my mother was from Holland and half of my family still lives there. The Dutch people are much more fit and healthy than the typical fat lazy American, but mostly because of walking and riding bicycles, not bodybuilding. As you say, when I have visited I have not found most Dutch people to be very interested in lifting weights or bodybuilding. But they are a welcoming and warm and friendly people, and they enjoy a more relaxed way of life and a much higher standard of living than we do here in America. Bodybuilding may not be popular there, but on balance I would much rather live in the Netherlands than in America, or almost any other country on Earth.

Berry de Mey had a great physique; he was one of my idols when I first started bodybuilding. Actually he was on the cover of the first Muscle and Fitness magazine that I ever bought back in 1988. Fond memories, and I wish he hadn't had the pec tear that pretty much ended his bodybuilding career. But I see that he is still looking good and has done well for himself.

I assume you are from the Netherlands. Wonderful country, and I have been there many times, as my mother was from Holland and half of my family still lives there. The Dutch people are much more fit and healthy than the typical fat lazy American, but mostly because of walking and riding bicycles, not bodybuilding. As you say, when I have visited I have not found most Dutch people to be very interested in lifting weights or bodybuilding. But they are a welcoming and warm and friendly people, and they enjoy a more relaxed way of life and a much higher standard of living than we do here in America. Bodybuilding may not be popular there, but on balance I would much rather live in the Netherlands than in America, or almost any other country on Earth.
If you hate Americans and America so much why are you here?

THE LARGEST VINTAGE EQUIPMENT GYM IN THE SOUTH

I can’t put into words how happy I am for Mark the owner. Every square inch of Madhouse is built with love. Plus he’s the nicest most genuine guy. If you find a unique, good piece of equipment that he doesn’t have he will definitely try to get it. I did learn the hard way though that 100lb plates look deceptively like 45s. I also learned that they make 90lb bars lol luckily not on the same day

Leotards with tights, poofy hair, questionable moustaches, short shorts and Gladys Portugues flexing, such was life at Better Bodies in 1983

**broken link removed**

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner