over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Changes in the Bodybuilding Culture since the 80s

Bob Kennedy, Marjo Selin and Greg Zulak, I remember the excitement of going to the kiosk to buy the latest edition of Musclemag International, Flex or Ironman and devour all the information within them.

**broken link removed**

Vic Richards! I searched for his brother, because he is big too, but couldn't find a picture. I remember seeing them both standing side by side.

R373ea510484aa0cb0ca17a6adea57349.jpeg

Vic Richards! I searched for his brother, because he is big too, but couldn't find a picture. I remember seeing them both standing side by side.

View attachment 125360
Vic Richards was the biggest guy I ever met in person, at a seminar and guest-posing at Vinny Greco's Powerhouse Gym in Watertown, Massachusetts . Just literally awe-inspiring. His arms and legs were so big and round they were like globes of muscle hanging off his body. An absolute freak, at least for the 1980's.

I remember listening to him speak and wanting to ask him so many questions, about his eating and training and gear use. But when I went up to him after the seminar, I was so shy and awe-struck that I only asked him for an autographed picture, and didn't ask him any of the questions I really wanted to know. After all, I was a big kid who was strong compared to others at my gym, could bench 300/squat 400/deadlift 500, but I had never even competed yet, or used steroids, and I knew I was nothing compared to this freak from outer space, this living monster.

He just looked at me, bemused that I was so obviously star-struck, smiled and signed his autograph on his picture, gave it to me, and I disappeared back into the anonymous throng.

Like so many times in life, I would always regret the things I didn't do, more than the things I did do.

Vic Richards was the biggest guy I ever met in person, at a seminar and guest-posing at Vinny Greco's Powerhouse Gym in Watertown, Massachusetts . Just literally awe-inspiring. His arms and legs were so big and round they were like globes of muscle hanging off his body. An absolute freak, at least for the 1980's.

I remember listening to him speak and wanting to ask him so many questions, about his eating and training and gear use. But when I went up to him after the seminar, I was so shy and awe-struck that I only asked him for an autographed picture, and didn't ask him any of the questions I really wanted to know. After all, I was a big kid who was strong compared to others at my gym, could bench 300/squat 400/deadlift 500, but I had never even competed yet, or used steroids, and I knew I was nothing compared to this freak from outer space, this living monster.

He just looked at me, bemused that I was so obviously star-struck, smiled and signed his autograph on his picture, gave it to me, and I disappeared back into the anonymous throng.

Like so many times in life, I would always regret the things I didn't do, more than the things I did do.
Yeah, I was that way when I met Lee Labrada.

Sides, I really don’t mean to brown nose here, but you have an incredible way with words. I hope you write a book someday about all your experiences in this crazy game we all love so much and play.

Sides, I really don’t mean to brown nose here, but you have an incredible way with words. I hope you write a book someday about all your experiences in this crazy game we all love so much and play.

Thanks so much; I appreciate the kind thoughts. I do have hundreds of pages of a novel written (fictionalized reality, with names changed to protect all of us who are guilty LOL). I need to kick myself in the ass to get it done, but it's hard to concentrate on writing when my 14-month-old daughter wants to play, eat, or when I'm changing her diapers.

But I do need to get it done, so that something worthwhile and meaningful comes out of the last 52 years of my misspent life. The clock is ticking, and I know that an old drug addict like me won't live forever. So I have to make the most of the time I have left, and live long enough to get it done.

Whether that qualifies as memento mori or memento vivere, I know I have to write now while I have the chance and the remaining brain cells, because my expiration date is coming up.

Thanks so much; I appreciate the kind thoughts. I do have hundreds of pages of a novel written (fictionalized reality, with names changed to protect all of us who are guilty LOL). I need to kick myself in the ass to get it done, but it's hard to concentrate on writing when my 14-month-old daughter wants to play, eat, or when I'm changing her diapers.

But I do need to get it done, so that something worthwhile and meaningful comes out of the last 52 years of my misspent life. The clock is ticking, and I know that an old drug addict like me won't live forever. So I have to make the most of the time I have left, and live long enough to get it done.

Whether that qualifies as memento mori or memento vivere, I know I have to write now while I have the chance and the remaining brain cells, because my expiration date is coming up.
Wow, a 14 month old! I'm 51 years old and don't know if I could handle that responsibility now. I raised two daughters up, they are 17 and 18 now. Tough but rewarding.

For us all, brother. It just shows you’re aware of it to voice it. But you also made a baby girl so in my book you’ve already left an awesome mark on reality. But yeah finish the book!!!

In the 80s I would meet my guy at McDonald's and he would give me a book like this. Everything I did was in person.
concealing-drugs.jpg

In the 80s I would meet my guy at McDonald's and he would give me a book like this. Everything I did was in person.
View attachment 125471
I met my guy at Dunkin Donuts in the middle of the night or early morning hours, but it was the same, everything hand to hand. Big long strips of duct tape with amps stuck to them...Sustanon, Deca, Primobolan, Masteron. Plenty of Hemogenin Anadrol tabs in the foils, we had good connections from Brazil in those days in New England. I miss those days, but I don't miss waiting in a dark parking lot in the middle of the night. Much better to get everything delivered by Priority Mail these days!

I met my guy at Dunkin Donuts in the middle of the night or early morning hours, but it was the same, everything hand to hand. Big long strips of duct tape with amps stuck to them...Sustanon, Deca, Primobolan, Masteron. Plenty of Hemogenin Anadrol tabs in the foils, we had good connections from Brazil in those days in New England. I miss those days, but I don't miss waiting in a dark parking lot in the middle of the night. Much better to get everything delivered by Priority Mail these days!
Reminds me a funny thing that happened to me a few weeks ago

Had a guy from the gym come up to me all excited midworkout (we've chatted gear use in the past briefly), he pulls out test cyp amps from his bag and goes "I just got this in the parking lot", all giddy like a school girl

I start looking around, and in my head going: "Get the fuck away from me dude" lol...Some people have no foresight

I can't even imagine the stuff you guys went through to get things back in the day

Reminds me a funny thing that happened to me a few weeks ago

Had a guy from the gym come up to me all excited midworkout (we've chatted gear use in the past briefly), he pulls out test cyp amps from his bag and goes "I just got this in the parking lot", all giddy like a school girl

I start looking around, and in my head going: "Get the fuck away from me dude" lol...Some people have no foresight

I can't even imagine the stuff you guys went through to get things back in the day
The prices I paid were probably pretty high too. Bottle of Ciba dbol was about $60 for me in 1987. Not sure how many 5 mg tabs were in there, probably 100. Small bottles.

The prices I paid were probably pretty high too. Bottle of Ciba dbol was about $60 for me in 1987. Not sure how many 5 mg tabs were in there, probably 100. Small bottles.

I'm not surprised by the price. CIBA was removed from the market in 1983. 4 years later in '87, you were getting the last of what little was left. In fact, I'm shocked that there was any still around.

I'm not surprised by the price. CIBA was removed from the market in 1983. 4 years later in '87, you were getting the last of what little was left. In fact, I'm shocked that there was any still around.

I was just reading that it was withdrawn from the US market in 1983, but remained in production. The stuff I bought was probably imported in a similar fashion as today. I knew nothing about any of that because I was a 17 year old kid. No internet back then etc. I remember that the bottles were small, and the seals were still intact.

Some interesting info about how different things were back in the 1980's, and Ciba's Dianabol being removed from the US market in 1983, and the black market that created for steroid dealers.

"After the Kefauver Harris Amendment passed in 1962, the U.S. FDA began the DESI review process to ensure the safety and efficacy of drugs approved under the more lenient pre-1962 standards, including Dianabol. In 1965, the FDA pressured CIBA to further document methandrostenolone’s legitimate medical uses, and re-approved the drug for treating post-menopausal osteoporosis and pituitary-deficient dwarfism. After CIBA’s patent exclusivity period lapsed, other manufacturers began to market generic “Dianabol” in the U.S."

Following further FDA pressure, CIBA withdrew the methndrostenolone Dianabol from the U.S. market in 1983. Generic production shut down two years later, when the FDA revoked Dianabol e.g, D-BOL’s approval entirely in 1985. Non-medical use of methandrostenolone outlawed in the U.S. under the Anabolic Steroids Control Act of 1990."

Dianabol - Dbol | Muscle Labs USA (dianabol-dbol.com)

"Fitton found a pharmacy in Opelika, Ala., that stored the drugs. The supply channel was blessedly straightforward. Fitton would make occasional trips to Spain and Italy, where steroids were legal -- "I'd clean out the pharmacies in Milan," he says -- and fill up his luggage. He would also make periodic jaunts from San Diego to Mexico in a cheap rental car. "The old cars were better, because you could pull door panels off and load s--- in places," he says. "That's what we used to do."

Even as Fitton was purchasing huge quantities of steroids, his enterprise was unnoticed by law enforcement. A rumor surfaced in 1983 -- bogus, it turned out -- that Dianabol was going off the market. Fitton rushed to his Alabama pharmacist and ordered as much as he could get: 10,000 bottles. "The pharmacist, the distributor and the companies didn't bat an eye," says Fitton. "They knew damn well the pharmacy didn't need 10,000 bottles for legitimate reasons.""

Steroids In America: The Godfather - Sports Illustrated

"As a result, the FDA required a number of companies to withdraw steroids with no medical application from the market. In December, 1985--just months after, Dillon says, he hooked up with Duchaine--the agency withdrew the most popular steroid among body-builders, known as Dianabol, from its list of authorized drugs (although its legal manufacture had ceased in 1982). After that, methandrostenolone--the generic name for Dianabol--was available only through counterfeit sources.

The FDA’s supply-side approach caused the steroid black market to boom. In fact, it had the ironic consequence of transforming Dillon from an average distributor to one who, he says, “could walk into any gym in the country and sign up every steroid user in the place.” Through Duchaine, Dillon says, he met David Jenkins, a member of Britain’s silver-medal-winning 1,600-meter relay team at the 1972 Munich Olympics. The government says Duchaine had met Jenkins after the Olympian had moved to San Diego and gone into business selling nutritional supplements. According to both Dillon and Jenkins, the three men discussed joining forces in the nutrition business over dinner in January, 1986. Out of the blue, Jenkins mentioned wistfully that anyone able to supply Dianabol could turn a dramatic profit. “A couple of weeks later,” Dillon recalls, “we met again, and Jenkins looked us both in the eyes and said: ‘I can supply the Dianabol. Can you distribute?’ We looked at each other and told him yes.”"

Confessions of a Steroid Smuggler : When the Quest for Big Muscles Turns Into a Passion for Big Money - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131