over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Changes in the Bodybuilding Culture since the 80s

Me too. I saw Danzig at the Channel in Boston way back.

I used to look like Danzig when I was 17, devillock and all. Huge (original) Misfits fan! Still have lots of special vinyl back home.

I'll bet he got laid a lot.

You´re not the only one :D
The song on the B side was pretty crappy I remember. About the same time I bought a 45 of that song The Warrior by Patty Smyth. Lol.

I'll bet he got laid a lot.
Danzig probably did get plenty back in the day....but female Misfits/Danzig fans are the type that if you get them back to your place......you want to make sure not to leave any money, sharp objects, or weapons of any sort out in plain sight. Could end up badly......

Danzig probably did get plenty back in the day....but female Misfits/Danzig fans are the type that if you get them back to your place......you want to make sure not to leave any money, sharp objects, or weapons of any sort out in plain sight. Could end up badly......
Lol. I once messed around with a stripper. When we got to her place it was full of witch craft stuff and she had 2 giant full blown wolves in her back yard!

Lol. I once messed around with a stripper. When we got to her place it was full of witch craft stuff and she had 2 giant full blown wolves in her back yard!
If I got to a strippers place and DIDNT see evidence of witchcraft or pet wolves in the backyard I would become immediately suspicious!

Me too. I saw Danzig at the Channel in Boston way back.

I used to look like Danzig when I was 17, devillock and all. Huge (original) Misfits fan! Still have lots of special vinyl back home.

My stomach and ribs are tatted with the Danzig skull. Still a huge fan and have multiple versions of his stuff from Misfits to Samhain to Danzig.

I remember the Mr Universe showing on Wide World of Sports.
They also had the strongman contests. I remember watching a refrigerator crashing down on Franco's back and his knee just collapsed.

e4557fdc-10cd-11e9-85d9-37db0e8cf837_image_hires_201027.jpg

Hard to believe that all of this was about half a century ago

The song on the B side was pretty crappy I remember. About the same time I bought a 45 of that song The Warrior by Patty Smyth. Lol.

Just checked through my vinyl which was a trip down memory lane evoking not just memories but emotions. Not embarassed to say more than one or two training sessions have been fueled by this song, it´s a great preworkout if you ever need one, also not embarassed to say I´ve given dudes the "Stink Eye Of the Tiger" more than once for inappropriate gym etiquette :). 20200922_123117.jpg 20200922_123138.jpg

Just checked through my vinyl which was a trip down memory lane evoking not just memories but emotions. Not embarassed to say more than one or two training sessions have been fueled by this song, it´s a great preworkout if you ever need one, also not embarassed to say I´ve given dudes the "Stink Eye Of the Tiger" more than once for inappropriate gym etiquette :).View attachment 120922View attachment 120923
Our high school name was the tigers and I had to literally listen to that song hundreds of times during football and basketball season. Almost made me quit sports. Rick James was played 24/7 too.

Our high school name was the tigers and I had to literally listen to that song hundreds of times during football and basketball season. Almost made me quit sports. Rick James was played 24/7 too.

LOL same here, we were the Tigers, and as I was in high school from 1982-1986, I heard Eye of the Tiger countless times at football games and school events. But I liked it. I was a huge Stallone fan, and Rocky Balboa inspired me to first start working out, doing countless pushups and situps and pullups, eventually running 8 miles a day my senior year, and lifting weights. And cracking raw eggs into a glass and drinking them down, just like Rocky...that grossed other people out, but I didn't care, I just wanted the protein LOL.

I still have the Rocky III soundtrack album on vinyl LP. It's actually a pretty good album, and I will have to dig it out and listen to it someday. Although the Rocky IV soundtrack was even better..."Heart's On Fire" and all that. Cheesy, like most everything else from the '80's, but there was still something honest and uplifting and inspiring about it, and all the stuff from the Rocky movies. Although Rocky IV is amusing in retrospect...here's Rocky Balboa, the honest hard-working American champion, going up against the big bad steroid-fueled Ivan Drago from the Soviet Union...when, of course, both actors were using steroids to look the way they did, and inspired the rest of us to use steroids too LOL. At least that's what I took away from the movie..."Oh, Ivan Drago is getting injected with something to make him bigger and stronger...give me some of that!"

Just checked through my vinyl which was a trip down memory lane evoking not just memories but emotions. Not embarassed to say more than one or two training sessions have been fueled by this song, it´s a great preworkout if you ever need one, also not embarassed to say I´ve given dudes the "Stink Eye Of the Tiger" more than once for inappropriate gym etiquette :).View attachment 120922View attachment 120923
Cool you kept yours. I sold mine a long time ago. Sold it for credit to buy some cassette tapes. Up to then I had been using records and 8 track tapes.

I had a cool stereo from Sears that let me record vinyl directly onto the 8 track, and also off the radio.

Song I used for my very first competition.
Lots of pauses so I could setup between poses. Allowed for easy transitions.
I had it edited to run for the allowable time. 3:30-4:15 was the key buildup and finish.
At the time it seemed cool.lol

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**
Arnold's Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding.
My guess is anyone who's as old as dirt like me has
a VERY used copy sitting on a shelf in their home.
Mine looks like a chemistry text book with hand scribbled
notes and highlighted sections. Scotch taped up front cover.
I studied that book like my life depended on it. lol

Arnold's Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding.
My guess is anyone who's as old as dirt like me has
a VERY used copy sitting on a shelf in their home.
Mine looks like a chemistry text book with hand scribbled
notes and highlighted sections. Scotch taped up front cover.
I studied that book like my life depended on it. lol

You're that lucky that yours is still mostly intact? I dunno where the hell most of my copy is...

Rocky 2 was the best soundtrack. The song playing during the ambulance ride to the hospital at the beginning ;-)

LOL same here, we were the Tigers, and as I was in high school from 1982-1986, I heard Eye of the Tiger countless times at football games and school events. But I liked it. I was a huge Stallone fan, and Rocky Balboa inspired me to first start working out, doing countless pushups and situps and pullups, eventually running 8 miles a day my senior year, and lifting weights. And cracking raw eggs into a glass and drinking them down, just like Rocky...that grossed other people out, but I didn't care, I just wanted the protein LOL.

I still have the Rocky III soundtrack album on vinyl LP. It's actually a pretty good album, and I will have to dig it out and listen to it someday. Although the Rocky IV soundtrack was even better..."Heart's On Fire" and all that. Cheesy, like most everything else from the '80's, but there was still something honest and uplifting and inspiring about it, and all the stuff from the Rocky movies. Although Rocky IV is amusing in retrospect...here's Rocky Balboa, the honest hard-working American champion, going up against the big bad steroid-fueled Ivan Drago from the Soviet Union...when, of course, both actors were using steroids to look the way they did, and inspired the rest of us to use steroids too LOL. At least that's what I took away from the movie..."Oh, Ivan Drago is getting injected with something to make him bigger and stronger...give me some of that!"

I was a punk rocker growing up in SoCal as my uncle was a fill in bass player for Black Flag and other punk bands until he was murdered in 1982 but I love 80s music.

Just started taking guitar lessons two months ago and the second practice song I got.....Eye of the Tiger. No BS.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws