over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Changes in the Bodybuilding Culture since the 80s

There's an interview of him detailing his routine; Premchand always claimed natural, and had some insane routine of running several miles and doing thousands of push ups a day

Not sure if I'd believe his natural claims, but the guy is a genetic anomaly to be able to look like that at <180lbs

Still has calves in his 60s
Loving the Nike ankle socks with the suit and dress shoes

if u know him u will ... if u dun .... :cool:

RIP Ultimate Warrior (Dingo Warrior). One of the most influential bodybuilders of the 80's, although in the squared circle and not on the bodybuilding stage. But as kids growing up in the '80's, we all admired the Warrior's physique.

RIP Ultimate Warrior (Dingo Warrior). One of the most influential bodybuilders of the 80's, although in the squared circle and not on the bodybuilding stage. But as kids growing up in the '80's, we all admired the Warrior's physique.
Great look, terrible in-ring skills. Some fans might've realized that by the late 80's he really slimmed down his physique. There was a running joke amongst the wrestlers that he was "blown up" (heavily fatigued) just from his entrance which was running down into the ring and shaking the ropes. I will say that Warrior is one of only a handful of pro wrestlers who had halfway decent legs during his career. As Rick Rude once said, "It's an upper body sport". LOL

Great look, terrible in-ring skills. Some fans might've realized that by the late 80's he really slimmed down his physique. There was a running joke amongst the wrestlers that he was "blown up" (heavily fatigued) just from his entrance which was running down into the ring and shaking the ropes. I will say that Warrior is one of only a handful of pro wrestlers who had halfway decent legs during his career. As Rick Rude once said, "It's an upper body sport". LOL

I know what you mean. Sure, by professional wrestling standards his skills were terrible, and he was unprofessional to work with, according to Triple H (Paul Levesque) and a lot of his former colleagues. For that matter, Hulk Hogan is a terrible wrestler as well, as are a lot of wrestlers who depend on their physique and personality to get the pop from the marks in the crowd.

In the context of popular culture, it doesn't matter. As a personality and a public figure, Warrior and Hogan were iconic figures, and immediately identifiable to just about everyone in the general population. And as far as 80's and 90's bodybuilding goes, both of them were inspiring and made so many boys and young men pick up weights and want to get into bodybuilding.

How many famous bodybuilders can the average person on the street name? Even now in the year 2021, Arnold or Lou Ferrigno are pretty much the only bodybuilders the average person might know. Out of a hundred people on the street, how many would know who Ronnie Coleman is, or Dorian Yates, or Lee Haney? But everyone knows who the Ultimate Warrior was, or who Hulk Hogan is. They transcended the limitations of cult popularity in their given calling, and became icons to the general public, even immortal in their own way.

There are lots of great technical wrestlers who will never get their due respect or accolades, even though we might respect their work in the ring. They do a great job, whether as faces or heels, get used up and ground down by the sport, and are promptly forgotten by all but a cult following once they are done with wrestling, fading away into anonymity without so much as a bang, or even a whimper.

But there will always be the iconic figure of the Ultimate Warrior, as a memory and a legend, and he still lives on to inspire those of us who grew up during that time.

A buddy of mine was able to flat bench press the 200 lb dumbells for multiple reps. He had a very strong raw bench. He had joined The Power team religious organization that toured around to inspire young people.

Wow, heaviest I have ever seen at a gym I lifted at was 200 lbs. 250! :D
My gym has 220s. I couldn’t imagine what it’d be like to touch those let alone 250s. I feel like a baby trying to progress to the 150s over the next few months

My gym has 220s. I couldn’t imagine what it’d be like to touch those let alone 250s. I feel like a baby trying to progress to the 150s over the next few months
I never really flat benched, but did work out with up to 130 lbs on a low incline.

My old gym, before it closed, had 210lb dumbbells. I used to shrug them back in the day. I wish I could have benched them! LOL!!

My old gym, before it closed, had 210lb dumbbells. I used to shrug them back in the day. I wish I could have benched them! LOL!!
The gym I went to for 14 years before covid put it out of business had dumbells going all the way up to 210. The 200’s and 210’s were under the rack cause they were so damn long and the only person in the gym I ever saw use them for anything was npc competitor Frank Nezdoba

The old World Gym here (the one on the Alawai) was a dungeon. We worked so hard to build and expand it. It attracted a huge host of characters and was such a fun place to work and train at. That 80's-mid 90's was an amazing time in the bodybuilding subculture here. Dumbbells went to 210 are were constantly needing to be re-welded. I watched the Barbarian Brothers curl them when they visited Hawaii. Luckily there was a guy that lived in the back of the gym named Norman (strange dude) who did the majority of the repairs in exchange for free rent.

**broken link removed**
Looks like none other than Strong & Shapely to me. I actually believe Strong & Shapely was better equipped than Gold's in Venice when i went there (went in 2016). Perhaps at one time, Gold's was in fact better but not when i went IMO. Strong & Shapely was hands down the best gym i ever set foot in. Bob Bonham, not the friendliest guy but man did he run a meathead's wet dream of a gym.

A buddy of mine was able to flat bench press the 200 lb dumbells for multiple reps. He had a very strong raw bench. He had joined The Power team religious organization that toured around to inspire young people.
That was Ron Waterman's team, right? Ron H2O Waterman who fought in the Pride Fighting Championships and defeated (by submission) none other than Kevin Randleman.

That was Ron Waterman's team, right? Ron H2O Waterman who fought in the Pride Fighting Championships and defeated (by submission) none other than Kevin Randleman.
That i don't know about. This was back in the late 90s. Same organization? I think it was based out of Texas?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws