over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Changing/promoting healthier particle size improving functionality of HDL

Knight9

Featured Member / Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I see these as the two most important factors regarding lipids. The average person and physician in the modern world hasn't even started monitoring particle size but us OCD dipshit bodybuilders have been aware of it for years! I would like to invite the best minds we have on this forum to participate in this thread with suggestions, theories and facts in the promotion of changing particle size towards large, puffy health promoting hdl particle size. It would also serve to talk about improving the functionality of the HDL through diet and exercise. There are people on here that know far more than me about this so please, NERD out!

I'd say the same thing we do to improve our general lipid profile: cardio, no orals/harsh androgens, minimal AI usage, EFA/DHA usage will improve HDL functionality.

Avoiding prolonged periods of elevated insulin levels to prevent glycation of lipoproteins like LDL; which then have poor functionality at the receptor site, and better uptake in a monocyte-macrophages (precursor of atherosclerosis basically) is another thing to look out for. We see the same problem in people with diabetes who have dyfunctional HDL particles; BG dysregulation and elevated insulin levels from a redlined pancreas tends to do more damage to lipoprotein particles than anything else.

Basically; if you wanna live longer by preventing the #1 age related disease (heart disease), put as much emphasis on insulin sensitivity, and stuff that promotes inflammation (hypertension, oxidative state promoting compounds like trenbolone) as the numbers on your lipid bloodwork.

Guess I'm just rambling. Peter Attia and Tom Dayspring are a wealth of knowledge in this area, highly recommend people look up his series on lipids.

I'd say the same thing we do to improve our general lipid profile: cardio, no orals/harsh androgens, minimal AI usage, EFA/DHA usage will improve HDL functionality.
What are your thoughts on diet? I stick with salmon patties (EFA/DHA as you wrote), chicken, 90/10 ground beef, and beans for most of my protein and then try to eat ~5 servings everyday of fruits and vegetables. I try not to eat the highly processed carbs (especially the sugar with fat kind), but I'll allow a serving or so of cookies or (my goto) honey nut cheerios :D

The density of the HDL themselves is less important than large particle : small particle ratio, and more importantly you want to avoid smaller LDL as it's hard to filter. The short and skinny is the less work the HDL has to do the more ability it has to work against atherosclerosis.

What are your thoughts on diet? I stick with salmon patties (EFA/DHA as you wrote), chicken, 90/10 ground beef, and beans for most of my protein and then try to eat ~5 servings everyday of fruits and vegetables. I try not to eat the highly processed carbs (especially the sugar with fat kind), but I'll allow a serving or so of cookies or (my goto) honey nut cheerios :D

It would really depend on your lifestyle, and genetics tbh.

If you are an extremely active person burning calories left and right; carbohydrates are necessary. On the other hand, if your NEET is on the lower side; for longevity it would be better not to pound carbohydrates to the same level and accrue unncessary bodyfat/ shift towards poor insulin sensitivity. Dietary cholestrol overall doesn't have much data supporting changes in blood cholestrol levels. Your diet sounds pretty good.

There's a subset of the population that is very high risk for atherosclerosis; they have an abnormal lipid particle profile, and irregardless of what they do they will eventually get heart disease (we all will, but they get it sooner). People like that should talk to a well versed physician and weigh the options of using a statin or pcsk9 inhib. Some of these are the same people that pass away sooner in the bodybuilding world, and anabolic use is just fuel to an early fire for them.

Challenge yourself to digest information how genetics and epigenetics play a role in the functionalities of lipoproteins via paraoxonase-1.

Bump for more intelligent discussion.

So with the most recent bloodwork I just got, I need to lower my LDL-P and I need to increase the size of my LDL particles.

LDL-P: <1000
LDL-C: 0-99
HDL-C: >39
Triglycerides: 0-149
Cholesterol Total: 100-199
HDL-P(total): >=30.5
Small LDL-P: <=527
LDL size: >20.5
LP-IR Score: <=45

May 2017: 1013, 91, 43, 92 152, 31.4, 412, 21.4, 43
Aug 2019: 1180, 113, 37, 120, 174, 24.1, 264, 21.3, 51
Sept2020: 1694, 121, 32, 175, 184 23.7, 973, 20.6, 50

I also got Apo-b which ideally would be <90 and it was 103.
Lp-PLA2 (PLAC) was 210 in a 0-224 range.

I know avoiding sugar/carbs can greatly improve aspects of cholesterol that actually matter. I’ve seen it a million times in the zero carb community.

I know avoiding sugar/carbs can greatly improve aspects of cholesterol that actually matter. I’ve seen it a million times in the zero carb community.
Its very strange..my a1c is 5.2.
My LP-IR is 50..
Glucose is always fine..

While I do consume more sugar than I should, my a1c is great. This makes me think its fat consumption...not enough good ones and too many that aren't optimal from a liberal diet. Although, ill admit..i am not sure?

My estrogen is quite high and I've been consuming plenty of zinc. I can't be sure but have read where estrogen has an effect on small ldl particles and zinc can lower HDL but again..nothing conclusive.

My LP-IR is 50..
Glucose is always fine..

While I do consume more sugar than I should, my a1c is great. This makes me think its fat consumption...not enough good ones and too many that aren't optimal from a liberal diet. Although, ill admit..i am not sure?

My estrogen is quite high and I've been consuming plenty of zinc. I can't be sure but have read where estrogen has an effect on small ldl particles and zinc can lower HDL but again..nothing conclusive.
That’s an interesting theory. Obviously when people cut carbs/sugar they increase fats.
One thing I like to point out is fats are just as necessary as water and air. So it only makes sense that they could improve our health.

My LP-IR is 50..
Glucose is always fine..

I have/had the EXACT same issue as you. My IR/A1C, etc. are spectacular. Everything is on point but my LDL-P has been everywhere from 900 up to 2700. The latest I was ~1,600 like you and after cutting eggs (I was eating a lot) it is down to 1,200 after a very, very short time (literally weeks). For me, I think it's just too much saturated fat and whenever I seem to go heavy on saturated fat my LDL-P freaking skyrockets.

I have/had the EXACT same issue as you. My IR/A1C, etc. are spectacular. Everything is on point but my LDL-P has been everywhere from 900 up to 2700. The latest I was ~1,600 like you and after cutting eggs (I was eating a lot) it is down to 1,200 after a very, very short time (literally weeks). For me, I think it's just too much saturated fat and whenever I seem to go heavy on saturated fat my LDL-P freaking skyrockets.
Have you seen your small ldl-p numbers also skyrocket with the LDL-p readings?

My LP-IR is 50..
Glucose is always fine..

Did zinc lower your esteogen ?

So with the most recent bloodwork I just got, I need to lower my LDL-P and I need to increase the size of my LDL particles.

I also got Apo-b which ideally would be <90 and it was 103.
Lp-PLA2 (PLAC) was 210 in a 0-224 range.
Reading this over, what stands out is small particle LDL (dramatically increased by slin use, if applicable) & Apo-B as the major concerns.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, dyslipidemia is characterized by increased Apo-B & decreased Apo A1 (a lower Apo-B:Apo A1 is better). The class of drugs known as CETP inhibitors may hold promise for lowering Apo-B, but as of yet, a viable product has remained elusive (and these likely have a class effect of deleterious effects in combination with ACE inhibitors/ARBs if applicable). Statins are the best agents commercially available at present for CV risk.

You might consider that liver-secretion of harmful (e.g., VLDL) particles is particularly increased by slin; androgens (likely orals in particular) in combination with slin is like adding accelerant to a fire. Note too that rhGH, during prolonged subcutaneous administration (in a state of positive energy balance), causes the actions of IGF-I and insulin to prevail 8-10 h post-injection.

I'm sure your diet is already close to optimal: no processed carbohydrates; prefer high quality carbohydrates (e.g., fiber & complex carbohydrate), monounsaturated fats (reduce saturated fat intake), etc.

any idea why your Trigs also jumped in Sept? Did you have more whole eggs in? I know for me personally if I consume whole eggs the day before bloods my Trigs will be higher. Might have some correspondence with LDL P and Small LDL P

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws