over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Charles Poliquin Inrterview

buck

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtWoU3bHrvg"]Charles Poliquin- Training Volume, Nutrition & Fat Loss - YouTube[/ame]

I used to follow this trainer a lot 25 years ago and liked the results he got. Haven't followed him for a while but like many of the things he had to say in this video. Much of it is health and athletic related but can cross over to BB'ing.

Those biceps aren't real, I can't listen to anyone using that much oil...

I've continued to follow him through the years. He's a sharp dude. I believe he had a heart attack from magnesium deficiency....at least I thought I read that about him.

I've continued to follow him through the years. He's a sharp dude. I believe he had a heart attack from magnesium deficiency....at least I thought I read that about him.

I didn't watch the video, but if you are talking about Poliquin, then yea, he had one back in the 90's. He mentioned it in an old MM2K, and he claimed it was from a Mag deficiency. Whether that was the real reason, I'm not sure.

Those biceps aren't real, I can't listen to anyone using that much oil...

And here I was thinking (from seeing his arms crossed over on small pics accompanying articles) he had great arm development. I didn't know he was walking around with that much oil in them or PMMA or whatever it is. It doesn't look good and for someone portraying himself as one of the experts' expert, it looks extra silly.

Last edited:
Yeah.. If anything his shoukders need them.. Not his arms..lol

I really dislike him. Like someone said, Poliquin is very smart and knows
a thing or two, but he went batshit crazy or just wanted to cash in on selling a tremendous amount of bullshit. His articles are so full of BS it's painful to read.
I noticed the arms a few years ago but never saw anyone point it out until now.:D

Saw this posted somewhere, PART of his recommended stack for somebody :rolleyes:

Attachments

• poliquinbaloney.jpg
    poliquinbaloney.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 369
a thing or two, but he went batshit crazy or just wanted to cash in on selling a tremendous amount of bullshit. His articles are so full of BS it's painful to read.
I noticed the arms a few years ago but never saw anyone point it out until now.:D

Saw this posted somewhere, PART of his recommended stack for somebody :rolleyes:

Wow :rolleyes:

I actually spent money to attend a seminar he gave at the Arnold back about 15 years ago. While smart, I'm not sure I've ever met someone more arrogant than him. He was really a jerk. I have no idea why, as everyone there was there to listen to what he had to say, so they already thought well of the guy.

He's not the only guy who knows a thing or two about training or nutrition. So I ignore him out of principle! LOL

Charles may have his negative points. But over the decades he has a proven track record of athletes he has worked with in many sports showing him to probably be one of the better strength coaches around. So I am willing to get some of my info from him. If I was to ignore every self absorbed, arrogant over marked, over hyped etc individuals out there I would have to not listen to most people that are at the top tier of their chosen field.

Charles may have his negative points. But over the decades he has a proven track record of athletes he has worked with in many sports showing him to probably be one of the better strength coaches around. So I am willing to get some of my info from him. If I was to ignore every self absorbed, arrogant over marked, over hyped etc individuals out there I would have to not listen to most people that are at the top tier of their chosen field.

Very good point made, and I agree. I think what made his behavior really stand out was that he wasn't simply arrogant in general with his attitude. Rather, it was the dismissiveness and manner in which he addressed those people who had paid money to listen to him talk and answer questions.

But point well taken. He has a track record of objective success.

Utterly retarded. He's always come across more as a smart snake oil salesman than anything else.

Is it actually true that he's trained (several) Olympians? (Olympic games athletes, not Mr. O. competitors) Because he's been a low/no carb guy from as long as I can remember and I can't really see Olympic athletes do well without carbs to fuel their athleticism. I've never seen even one Olympian athlete name attached to Poliquin?

Last edited:
As a side note I found some of his observations on where people store body fat and what deficiencies that they have to be interesting.

As a side note I found some of his observations on where people store body fat and what deficiencies that they have to be interesting.

He claims he can tell what hormonal patterns they have too, based on caliper skin thickness on various bodyparts. Poliquin looks like has a big insulin resistant beer belly (just like me lol), I guess all those diets, supplements and drugs don't work for him. I'm being hypercritical here I know, but only because he irritates me with his magical fixes for this and that. He has very little muscle, oil in his arms, forearms look rubbery and shrunk from nerve damage or something. Maybe he should eat Jamaican food or take out a tooth filling and gain 20lbs of muscle in a month. :D

He claims he can tell what hormonal patterns they have too, based on caliper skin thickness on various bodyparts. Poliquin looks like has a big insulin resistant beer belly (just like me lol), I guess all those diets, supplements and drugs don't work for him. I'm being hypercritical here I know, but only because he irritates me with his magical fixes for this and that. He has very little muscle, oil in his arms, forearms look rubbery and shrunk from nerve damage or something. Maybe he should eat Jamaican food or take out a tooth filling and gain 20lbs of muscle in a month. :D

Thank you for the helpful insight!

From someone who worked with him..
Some of his things for athletics are OK...
his bodybuilding stuff is pure fucking horseshit.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws