over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cheap Mirrors

lelandt50

Registered
Well, I have a show coming up, and I need to practice my posing more. I'd like to get started using a big mirror to help get it right (I'll practice without mirror after I get it down). Any suggestions on where to get a huge mirror for cheap? I don't want to spend a ton of money as prep is becoming expensive enough as it is already. Thanks everyone.

Not sure where you would go to get one, anywhere from WalMart to a thrift store.... just make sure it doesn't make you look better than you actually do. A favorable mirror can lull you into a sense of complacency. Also, Figure out a good setup (usually takes more than one mirror) to get a good view of your back. The most unfavorable mirror you can find is the one you want to guage your progress in.

Buying it online will be more expensive due to shipping for a large mirror so I'd look at supply stores in your area. Home Depot has pretty good prices for mirrors. the cheapest option would be to get a few smaller mirrors and take the plastic frames off then put them next to each other. I think Home Depot has the smaller mirrors for ~$15. It's 14x15 inches so you could get a few of them and put them together.

Buying it online will be more expensive due to shipping for a large mirror so I'd look at supply stores in your area. Home Depot has pretty good prices for mirrors. the cheapest option would be to get a few smaller mirrors and take the plastic frames off then put them next to each other. I think Home Depot has the smaller mirrors for ~$15. It's 14x15 inches so you could get a few of them and put them together.

Best bet IMO. In my home gym I had a glass place come out and measure/cut me a big mirror for in front of the squat rack and it wasn't cheap for sure. After getting that done I now understand how expensive it can be for gym owners to replace mirrors broken by careless members.

I meant to say they are 14x51 inches I'm sorry for the mistake. I found them where the bath stuff is.

Best bet IMO. In my home gym I had a glass place come out and measure/cut me a big mirror for in front of the squat rack and it wasn't cheap for sure. After getting that done I now understand how expensive it can be for gym owners to replace mirrors broken by careless members.

This rook at the gym had 2 plates on each side-barbell/squat rack. Took one plate off and then noticed he was taking the 2nd plate off of the same side. 'Had to watch this'.

Came down crashing hard, barbell hit the mirror, cracked it right down the middle! Idiot!

Window/Mirror businesses would be your best bet for a specific size but they are definitely not cheap.

Last edited:
Watch out for the mirrors at walmart etc, some of them are super distorted in spots.

inb4

Yard sales.

Well, I have a show coming up, and I need to practice my posing more. I'd like to get started using a big mirror to help get it right (I'll practice without mirror after I get it down). Any suggestions on where to get a huge mirror for cheap? I don't want to spend a ton of money as prep is becoming expensive enough as it is already. Thanks everyone.

Perhaps a 2nnd hand type thrift store?

I saw one in wal mart other day. thought about getting it. it was inexpensive.

looked okay to me

its funny how different mirrrors cause different looks

Craigslist has the all the time. You might have to look around a little but I've found several big ones for less than $50.

Craigslist has the all the time. You might have to look around a little but I've found several big ones for less than $50.

Not sure how big it was but under $50 is a heck of a price.

Do you have a Costco membership ?

If so go to Costco buy one and return it after your show..

Costco has the best return policy in the world.

I've bought so much stuff there and returned for several reasons they always take it back zero questions.

I bought some to my bahamas beach chairs from 2 years ago they 1 just Borke few weeks ago so I took it back along with other and got a brand new pair.. New model etc cost me nothing.

I even seen a guy buy a dune buddy the Labor Day weekend, beat the hell out of it the. Return it Thursday and get a few thousand back.

I won't ever buy anything I like and that's expensive other than Costco it's worth the 60$ a year.. For peace of mind.

you can look on amazon, ebay or aliexpress for the cheapest available option

As an aside, every gym has that 1 mirror where the light is perfect and the mirror is just fucked up enough that you look about as enormous and cut as humanly possible. God i love that mirror. Then you walk to another section and it's the opposite, it lengthens you out and all thickness is gone. Most inconsistent things ever, it's like gyms purposely buy fun house mirrors.

Not sure where you would go to get one, anywhere from WalMart to a thrift store.... just make sure it doesn't make you look better than you actually do. A favorable mirror can lull you into a sense of complacency. Also, Figure out a good setup (usually takes more than one mirror) to get a good view of your back. The most unfavorable mirror you can find is the one you want to guage your progress in.

I concur with this. I found it best to video myself (just with my phone) with some pretty flat light. The better your posing looks under bad conditions, the more amazing it'll look on stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc