over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

cheap protein!!!

What brand is it EAS?

Yea, he's talking about the EAS 100% whey...all whey concentrate with a bunch of filler. I had to pick up a small bag when i was traveling and couldnt find anything else around. It TORE my stomach up....awful shit.

The EAS gave me really bad gas. Never tried the cytosport.

on the cheap...

I m currently trying the cytosport from costco 100 percent whey concentrate and isolate full spectrum bcaas some artificial sweetner looks pretty solid 28 bucks I will try try trueprotein next chocolate coconut sounds nice

Forum Sponsors-
Synthetek, Puresupplementpowders, TrueProtein.
All great products and customer service.

I m currently trying the cytosport from costco 100 percent whey concentrate and isolate full spectrum bcaas some artificial sweetner looks pretty solid 28 bucks I will try try trueprotein next chocolate coconut sounds nice

How does '100% whey concentrate and isolate' look solid? :confused::banghead:

been using ON for years double rich choclate flavor 10 lbs about 75-80 bucks.. works well for me:D

In my Protein arsenal

I have ON casin, Gaspari Myofusion (Egg, casein), ISOpure, Elite 12hr, Elite Iso, ON gold standard, and Pro Nos

I'm picky I love different flavors throughout the day. I can't stick with just one.

I buy alot of stuff that is ready to expire also.

I can't remember when I ever really cared about how a protein shake tastes. All I've ever cared about is the bioavailability of the protein itself. I don't want anything in it that my muscles won't use. So unflavored, unsweetened, and partially broken down would be my first choice.

And as for cost, I don't like wasting my money. But I'm easily willing to pay for results!:cool:

1 of the best posts ive read about protein.....im the same way....dont care about taste or price as long as it works.besides whole food is what gets the job done shakes are just an add-on.

Maybe I ordered it incorrectly but I ordered some true protein "create your own". It taste like ass! I thought choosing the pre sweetend option was the right choice. I usually have to add a packet or two of stevia to make it drinkable. Also I chose the chocolate fudge flavoring. Did I do something wrong? Why does it taste so bad? I've still got about 4 1/2 lbs left to go out of 5, so I'm not gonna throw it out, I'm gonna get my money out of it.

same issue, ordered premium pre sweetened vanilla and its horrible. I mix it 50/50 with muscle milk so I can drink it.

If its true...

Think about it.. 5lbs for $29? Just out of curiosity, Concentrate or Isolate?

How much protein per 100g?

The 2 main powder suppliers here TP & Pure Supplement Powders both
sell their whey isolates for $25-29 per kg (2.2lbs) and this is CHEAP. Now
we know their quality is good otherwise they would not be sponsors here
with the feedback that they have.

How can your supermarket brand protein have a great nutrition profile,
taste great and be HALF the price of 2 of the cheapest suppliers around?

To me that doesn't make sense, and neither does any other commercial
shelf type product that has high claims, its either crappy protein that is
sold for cheap or decent protein with a higher price tag. Not once have I
seen anything as good as what is here on the board sponsors.

Exactly. When you add in the advertisement cost of these commercial products it becomes impossible to offer the same quality for that kind of price.

Just because it says how great it is on the label doesn't mean that it is.

I'm amazed how much people just believe what's written on the label or fail to read it at all. There is a reason cheap protein is cheap. Buying protein at Costco or Walmart is a waste of money. If you feel so inclined to spend that 20 bucks, buy an extra bag of chicken or get some more beef. I say that in relation to the fact that some people get so hung up on the price of the protein and refuse to spend the extra money for a quality product that not only assimilates efficiently, but has a high bio-availability as well.

If you asked most people if they know what the difference between concentrate, isolate, or micellar casien is, most people don't have a clue. Then again I don't expect most people to. However, if you're training hard or bodybuilding, in my opinion you should have some knowledge base of the basics of muscle building which would include the knowing the difference between maybe an ion exchange to a cold filtered isolate. Or the difference between a hydrolyzed whey isolate and a concentrate. You should be able to know when to use a blended protein vs. say an isolate and why the importance of knowing that can help you achieve your goals. If you don't, ask someone that does and study up on it for a couple of minutes or do some research.

Any of the sponsers on the board are going to carry a quality product. TP's website will break down everything for you so can have a better grasp of what's going into your powder. Even companies like Optimum, Dymatize, and AllMax are coming out with hydrolyzed whey proteins which in my opinion are the Rolls Royce of proteins.

I don't want this to sound like I'm being harsh, but it's time to stop acting like knucklehead bodybuilders and actually learn about what we are putting into our bodies. I'm not saying every person out there is blind to what they are taking in, but when I see people just randomly buying stuff or not even taking the time to notice the whopping 14 grams of fat per serving in something like Muscle Milk, it makes me want to tell them "open your gosh darn eyeballs!". Smarter nutrition equates to a better physique. We all have to start somewhere and I wish more people would take the time to better their brains along with their bodies.

i simply love the fact that i can build my own at trueprotein. all the goodys you want or need and good quality stuff. down to flavors and sweeteners vitamins minerals.

good quality protein is NEVER cheap! i drink mine with almond milf....friken good!!!

Purchased the cytosport chocolate whey you are talking about from costco. Doesn't exactly compared to TP's protein, but I have had no issues with gas, taste is good, etc. Great value, and for the price, I will keep buying.

I would buy it when I didnt know better.
Now I stick with TPs CFM.

I'm amazed how much people just believe what's written on the label or fail to read it at all. There is a reason cheap protein is cheap. Buying protein at Costco or Walmart is a waste of money. If you feel so inclined to spend that 20 bucks, buy an extra bag of chicken or get some more beef. I say that in relation to the fact that some people get so hung up on the price of the protein and refuse to spend the extra money for a quality product that not only assimilates efficiently, but has a high bio-availability as well.

I'm in agreement here.

But not even from a high bio availability standpoint... more from a "I don't believe what's on that label is in that product in those amounts" standpoint lol

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131